Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

overseas players

i would love to know where we send scouts to in foreign countries. there has to be so many talented players out there from poorer countries that would give anything to play for a club like leicester. yet we seem attracted to old has beens on high wages :blink:

i would love to know where we send scouts to in foreign countries. there has to be so many talented players out there from poorer countries that would give anything to play for a club like leicester. yet we seem attracted to old has beens on high wages :blink:

Old has-beens? Have you been asleep for the past 13 months?

There seems to be a lot of good african players. Sissoko, Essien, Diouf, Camara etc.

I think it would be difficult for us to buy a good African player because if they haven't played in Europe before it may be hard to get a work permit for them and if they are playing well at a European club then they cost a fair bit (about: Sissoko £5m, Essien £24m, Diouf £10m when he first came to England).

some northern irish league players will be coming soon knowing levein he likes the lower leagues and it has the galic connection

Who did kevin doyle of reading come from ? ;)

There are some really good irish players out there cheap, and all irish players give 100% :D

Who did kevin doyle of reading come from ? ;)

There are some really good irish players out there cheap, and all irish players give 100% :D

Cork City.

He's obviously a very good signing for Reading.

But we sighed Damien Delaney from the same club in Peter Taylor's time, and he wasn't exactly a roaring success, was he?

we do scout abroard............. SCOTLAND!

Know what you mean though and I agree. There seems to be a lot of good african players. Sissoko, Essien, Diouf, Camara etc.

Maybe worth a look.

I wish we'd invest a bit more time and effort developing the thousands of potential players we have in this country. How short-sighted it is for our game to continuously bring in foreigners. The Henry's and Bergkamp's, fair enough but this idea that any foreigner is the answer is a load of crap and it's going to throw a lot of our own kids out of the game. Cricket has the right idea where foreigners are concened. Let Africa and China develop their own players for the good of their game and let us develop ours.

Do you remember Canadian Lars Hirschfeld? Didn't make much of an impression here...

Well I just updated myself on the Norwegian Tippeligaen. He went to Tromsø when we released him, and apparently he was so good there, that Norwegian giants Rosenborg bought him at the end of last season (this October). Norwegian medias describe him as a 'complete keeper' who will be pushing Norwegian #1 Espen Johnsen for a first team place...

I almost wish we'd kept him instead of getting that donkey in goal :(

Cork City.

He's obviously a very good signing for Reading.

But we sighed Damien Delaney from the same club in Peter Taylor's time, and he wasn't exactly a roaring success, was he?

Cork City were our 'feeder club' until administration meant cutbacks had to be made. You never know, Doyle may have been playing for us and not Reading if our connection was still up and running?

Do you remember Canadian Lars Hirschfeld? Didn't make much of an impression here...

Well I just updated myself on the Norwegian Tippeligaen. He went to Tromsø when we released him, and apparently he was so good there, that Norwegian giants Rosenborg bought him at the end of last season (this October). Norwegian medias describe him as a 'complete keeper' who will be pushing Norwegian #1 Espen Johnsen for a first team place...

I almost wish we'd kept him instead of getting that donkey in goal

Maybe Norwegian football is that good in terms of quality. I didn't go to the Plymouth away match at the end of last season but it sounded like his kicking was appalling.

sissoko was poor in liverpools last televised game vs everton. worse than momo sylla, couldnt find a guy in red if they were all playing for the 'pool. diouf is questionable too.

Momo Sissoko is class, they hardly plucked him from obscurity though. He cost them 5 million from Valencia.

I think it would be difficult for us to buy a good African player because if they haven't played in Europe before it may be hard to get a work permit for them and if they are playing well at a European club then they cost a fair bit (about: Sissoko £5m, Essien £24m, Diouf £10m when he first came to England).

Many of the African players you see playing for major clubs have come through youth systems of those or other clubs in France and Spain, where they can go because of dual nationality. Just look at the French National side, most were born in North Africa or the French Carribean.

we do scout abroard............. SCOTLAND!

Know what you mean though and I agree. There seems to be a lot of good african players. Sissoko, Essien, Diouf, Camara etc.

Maybe worth a look.

Why sign unknown players who only MIGHT be relegation material when you can sign tried and tested players who you KNOW ARE relegation material?

CL might be crap, but he likes to be sure. You can't take that away from him.

Archived