Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

De Vries

Article written by an Arsenal fan, feels good to see other fans say stuff like this.

...wonder if Wenger will come in with a cheeky 5million bid for de Vries.

"De Vries effort will long live in the memory

I have only seen Mark De Vries play once before Sunday evening. This was in an FA Cup defeat at Ewood Park last season. I remember thinking that he was similar to Dion Dublin with his height and strength in the air, and that he was a useful acquisition for Leicester City.

In expectation of Spurs visiting Leicester, I thought of the prospect of De Vries troubling the young centre-backs from North London with his attributes.

But what materialised during the match blew away my highest hopes. The 100% non-stop effort and fantastic hold-up play of big De Vries was fantastic to watch, and he crowned a magnificent match with a deserved winner in the 91st minute.

De Vries phenomenal spirit and stunning display of powerful target-man play was one of the best performances I've seen from a footballer in a long time, and I'll definitely remember it for some time to come.

I love cup upsets. And a comeback from two goals down to beat a Spurs team enjoying their best seasons in many years was definitely a huge cup-upset. But it was also certainly deserved given the commitment and desire shown by each one of Leicester's players.

A special note should go to the Islington-born, Arsenal player Ryan Smith who is a left winger with huge potential. He is only 19 and yet has already had cruciate ligament damage in his fledgling career. I had looked forward to seeing how he's progressing, and I thought his dribbling skills and crosses during the match were excellent.

His protracted celebrations at the end showed that he is also an Arsenal fan as well an Arsenal player!"

If De Vries did that all the time he would be a legend here

2005 FA Cup 5th round = Charlton???

He had a good game that day as well.

De Vries likes the FA cup, what can I say.

maybury and de vries are both class players and de vries is really capable on his day of being up their in the premiership.

he did it often in scotland but fitness issues often clouded his stay.

hopefully he will get a run of form going now.

de vries is a legend and I would take him back in a second

There are alot of fans that are being very complimentary about us! It's great to hear and read, kind of softens the blow of what's been happening to us recently. I know we've got over excited about results in the past, but this one really should give the players confidence and should also give them a kick up the arse aswell. We are good enough to be challenging the top 6 and hopefully the players now realise this and fancy beating teams for a change.

De Vries seems more suited to the Premiership than the hack and run defences of the Champiopnship. His two best games for us were against Charlton and Spurs.

On RL, the man himself put it down to refereeing. In the league, he is constantly pulled for for fouls, yet yesterday he wasn't, but he reckoned he hadn't moderated his game. It was something both myself and the other half had commented on last night.

that is exactly what happened up here, as time past he became less and less effectual,mainly because refs constantly penalised him.

not because he was fouling but because of his reputation and build all the opposition defender had to do was fall over and it was a foul

that is exactly what happened up here, as time past he became less and less effectual,mainly because refs constantly penalised him.

not because he was fouling but because of his reputation and build all the opposition defender had to do was fall over and it was a foul

That's something that used to happen with Heskey when he was with us.

The defender doesn't have to do much to be fair. He could be climbing all over MDV, but the refs see it as MDV backing into the player. Half the time, he just stands there, and he's backing into players!!

The defender doesn't have to do much to be fair. He could be climbing all over MDV, but the refs see it as MDV backing into the player. Half the time, he just stands there, and he's backing into players!!

Thinking about it, the ref got it wrong a few times last night, giving fouls against de Vries when it was the other way around.

Thinking about it, the ref got it wrong a few times last night, giving fouls against de Vries when it was the other way around.

unfortunatly part and parcel of a 6ft odd 15 stone target man, no one is going to believe they are being fouled by the 10st centre half :rolleyes:

Archived