Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Tiatto to leave?

COMBUSTIBLE former Socceroo hardman Danny Tiatto has been approached by the Newcastle Jets as they seek to add extra bite to their squad for next season.

It is believed Tiatto, captain of struggling English second-tier outfit Leicester City, is keen to head home after nearly a decade in Europe, and Jets director of football operations Remo Nogarotto has already held preliminary talks with his brother and agent, Frank Tiatto.

The midfielder, 32, quit the Socceroos last year after being consistently overlooked by former coach Frank Farina. Ironically, his decision to walk away after 25 appearances for his country came at a time he was being considered for a recall by new national team boss Guus Hiddink.

Feisty, fiery and a fully paid-up member of soccer's sinners' society, Tiatto is no stranger to red and yellow cards. He began his career with the Melbourne Knights before moving to England and signing for Stoke City and then Manchester City where he made 112 appearances and was voted fans' player of the year in 2001 before falling out with former coach Kevin Keegan over his disciplinary record.

Sent off as recently as Boxing Day in Leicester's 1-1 draw with Millwall, Tiatto missed Leicester's shock FA Cup win over Tottenham on Monday through injury.

He would add passion and aggression to a Jets squad that has six players coming off contract at the end of the season.

COMBUSTIBLE former Socceroo hardman Danny Tiatto has been approached by the Newcastle Jets as they seek to add extra bite to their squad for next season.

It is believed Tiatto, captain of struggling English second-tier outfit Leicester City, is keen to head home after nearly a decade in Europe, and Jets director of football operations Remo Nogarotto has already held preliminary talks with his brother and agent, Frank Tiatto.

The midfielder, 32, quit the Socceroos last year after being consistently overlooked by former coach Frank Farina. Ironically, his decision to walk away after 25 appearances for his country came at a time he was being considered for a recall by new national team boss Guus Hiddink.

Feisty, fiery and a fully paid-up member of soccer's sinners' society, Tiatto is no stranger to red and yellow cards. He began his career with the Melbourne Knights before moving to England and signing for Stoke City and then Manchester City where he made 112 appearances and was voted fans' player of the year in 2001 before falling out with former coach Kevin Keegan over his disciplinary record.

Sent off as recently as Boxing Day in Leicester's 1-1 draw with Millwall, Tiatto missed Leicester's shock FA Cup win over Tottenham on Monday through injury.

He would add passion and aggression to a Jets squad that has six players coming off contract at the end of the season.

Where did that source come from?

Too good to be true surely :angry:

He's already stated publically that he's planning on going back when his contract runs out at the end of the season, so not really a surprise at all.

He's already stated publically that he's planning on going back when his contract runs out at the end of the season, so not really a surprise at all.

I've been looking fowards to this all season.

Manchester City fans tell me that he was a good player when he played for them. I often ask them if we're talking about the same player.

I've been looking fowards to this all season.

Manchester City fans tell me that he was a good player when he played for them. I often ask them if we're talking about the same player.

Last season he wasn't that bad, he showed a lot of commitment and his just above average performances were consistent (though he used to infiruate me when he went wandering leaving the left side vulnerable). It's just this season where he has been woeful. Either way, I won't miss him when he's gone.

go play in U.A.E big bucks out that way please or stay out of victoria PLEASE i dont wont people knowing you actually played for Leicester its already hard enough wearing a leicester shirt in these parts of oz

NO ITS NOT A CHELSEA SHIRT I HAVE PRIDE THANK YOU :scarf:

(sorry about caps)

:rolleyes:

An update (not a good one)

Former Socceroos hard man Danny Tiato has been linked to the Jets for next season, but manager Richard Money all but ruled out signing the Leicester City defender, unless clubs were permitted two marquee players.

"We would need to find out if there was going to be another marquee player," Money said.

"If there isn't, there is no way he could come here under our salary cap, or anyone elses for that matter."

Archived