Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

SHEFF UTD BUY A CHINESE

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060112/2/g5l2.html

They bought themselves a club????? :huh:

"Sheffield United are working to raise their profile among China's millions of soccer fans and became the first foreign club to buy a Chinese team when they purchased a 90 percent stake in second division Chengdu Five Bull on Wednesday."

I'd of just stuck with Chicken Chow Mein and Chop Suey as Siouxsie once said!

Am I the only person who finds the term 'chink' increadibly racist?

I don't, but perhaps i'm in the minority. I use the word frequently when talking about having some chinese food.

It's only like them calling us a 'brit' isn't it? Perhaps not.

No.

And I doubt whether the Chinese FOXES of my acquaintance would be too pleased either.

This board should welcome Leicester fans of ALL races and nationalities. We're not Leeds or Forest. Racism should have NO place here.

Glad to see the thread title's now been changed. :thumbup:

No.

And I doubt whether the Chinese FOXES of my acquaintance would be too pleased either.

This board should welcome Leicester fans of ALL races and nationalities. We're not Leeds or Forest. Racism should have NO place here.

Glad to see the thread title's now been changed. :thumbup:

Where does it say we aren't welcoming? Also, is it a racist word? I didn't realise it was. Is the word 'brit' racist aswell when describing a person of british nationality? Somehow I doubt the latter is :rolleyes:

Oh Perrrlease CHILL OUT will ya!

I doubt whether it was meant to be racist and surely that is what matters?

What next ban the use of the words black and white on here because someone finds them offensive!

Thats the trouble these days too many people get offended by the slightest bloody thing :rolleyes:

What next ban the use of the words black and white on here because someone finds them offensive!

Thats the trouble these days too many people get offended by the slightest bloody thing :rolleyes:

I agree.

Lets forget it because I really cannot be arsed to argue with the PC brigade who will label us all right wing nazis for calling a take away a ch*nky.

I blame Edward Wong who I grew up with for telling me his mum and dad run the local ch*nky.

I agree.

Lets forget it because I really cannot be arsed to argue with the PC brigade who will label us all right wing nazis for calling a take away a ch*nky.

I blame Edward Wong who I grew up with for telling me his mum and dad run the local ch*nky.

This thread has completely changed direction now!

If someone is unhappy with a post why don't they get in touch with one of the mods and get it changed instead of starting a discussion in General Football on Racism!

Well you've reacted a lot more strongly to what I said than how I reacted to that word. Maybe you need to 'chill out'. I did not attempt to censor anyone; I just put across my point of view. I've always been brought up to believe 'chink' is an offensive term up there with the n word, I'm not going to apologize for my principles or my opinion.

Well you've reacted a lot more strongly to what I said than how I reacted to that word. Maybe you need to 'chill out'. I did not attempt to censor anyone; I just put across my point of view. I've always been brought up to believe 'chink' is an offensive term up there with the n word, I'm not going to apologize for my principles or my opinion.

Some will class me as ignorant, i've just never seen or heard any form of racism using the word Chinky. As far as I was concerned it was a way of decribing a take away. I'm sure i'm not the only one. The P word, The N word of course i've heard and I know they are offensive.

Anyway can someone just delete this whole thread.

Well said Louise. :thumbup::thumbup:

It appears the word may not have been used maliciously. If the writer makes a claim to know Chinese people who are happy with the term then we have to accept their word. However I know many others who would NOT be so relaxed about it.

I'd hope that nobody on this forum would dream of using the word "P*ki" on here. This one is in a similar category.

When people who avidly follow the FOXES are afraid to go to games for fear of racial abuse, then those of us who care for the club have a duty to stand up and speak up !

The Chinks wouldn't mind.

Come on, lighten up, it's like us being called Brits, as has already been pointed out. Anyone who finds that offensive is frankly an over-sensitive moron.

No it isn't, and I'm not.

No it isn't, and I'm not.

How is it different then?

Chinese - Chinks

British - Brits

I'm not encouraging it's use. But I certainly wouldn't accuse someone of being racist for using either or both.

The main evil of it I suppose is that both terms encourage generalisation.

How is it different then?

Chinese - Chinks

British - Brits

I'm not encouraging it's use. But I certainly wouldn't accuse someone of being racist for using either or both.

The main evil of it I suppose is that both terms encourage generalisation.

Surely by that method Pakistani- Paki is OK, but clearly everyone who has posted agrees that its not. Maybe people have to accept that some things, whether meant offensively or not, could offend people.

Archived