Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

IF craigs goes, who do you bring in?

The radio leics guy said tim davies struck him as the type of guy who wont wield the axe, and I am getting the same impression it seems tim davies hasnt got the bottle to do whats necessary.

I think the players are frustrated that craig seems to pick the team from a hat, the fans are frustrated that the team is never motivated against low teams (fail to close them down I heard no fight) and we still have disciplinary problems. I also agree with the guy on the phone in that the way the new striker was introduced was poorly handled.

the board need to go with an experianced manager like george graham atleast till the end of the season because even though CL may come good oneday he's run out of ideas and were in a dangerous place. i give it 2 more games if no improvement then CL's negativity will ruin leicester.

2 more games then for the first time this season im even saying CL out!!!

I think I would draw the line there mate! PT would sign dublin on a 6 year contract on massive wages and we'd draw all our games 0-0.

And he'd probably bring Junior Lewis back. :o

Mind you, even that would be an improvement the way Kisnorbo and Williams played yesterday!

Let's Get Boshkamp and Gerry in

or Dave Basset till the end of the season, he would keep us up. Then we can "review" the position at the end of the season.

i'd also back a move for bassett on a short term deal. while it wouldn't be pretty, i'm 99% sure he'd pick up enough scrappy wins to push us up the table.

i'd also back a move for bassett on a short term deal. while it wouldn't be pretty, i'm 99% sure he'd pick up enough scrappy wins to push us up the table.

But he didn't do that last time he took over a team in a relegation battle.

And I don't think he'd do any better now!

He's already spent too long on our payroll...

It's not so much who would we want, but which suitable candidates would be interested?

If the board pull the trigger on Levein (and I reckon they'll leave it as late as possible, if at all), I'm not sure an up-and-coming manager is the way forward in the short term. You've got to go through the rigmarole of getting permission etc, then compensation, then you've got to persuade Allen, Penney, Tilson, whoever that jumping from the safety of their frigate and on to the deck of a blazing, sinking oil-tanker is actually good for their health and their career.

Incidentally, Martin Allen is a psychopath. He's done quite well at Brentford but seriously, jumping up and down a lot doesn't make him a good manager - he'll have a heart attack within 5 years if he carries on the way he does. Good luck to him, but I don't think he'd handle the pressure well.

That's not to say we couldn't find a Boothroyd if we were very lucky, but I don't see that as being worth the gamble mid-season.

I don't think a big name manager would touch us with a bargepole either so I don't understand why people think that Keegan etc would fancy it.

I'm not impressed by the ex-City mob either. There's no reason to suggest Cottee, Claridge or Mills would suddenly kick-start their failing managerial careers at City. Gary Mac is too green. Newell I'd take if Luton sacked him (he was after all sacked by Hartlepool when they were flying high) - the problem with Newell is that he's a randomite and carries a fair bit of baggage with him.

Brian Little would be my choice. He's got the experience and would probably jump at the chance to get out of Tranmere. He's not an inspirational man, but hey, he turned a less talented squad than ours into play-off winners in 93/94 so you can't argue with that.

Failing that, an experienced coach like Bassett (sob) or Lewington would be the unoriginal choice.

Archived