Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

New boss?

Who would you pick from these?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Managers to choose from:

• Steve Tilson
    • Phil Parkinson
    • John Gorman
    • Dion Dublin
    • Dave Penney
    • Martin Allen
    • Tony Cottee
    • Gary McAllister
    • Dave Bassett
    • Terry Venables
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Johan Boskamp
    • Bruce Rioch
    • John Gregory
    • Other

But Leven had a good record before he came

And? Are you saying that because Levein had a good record if we get someone without one they will do better?

Are you really willing to risk our future on someone who is inexperienced? If cash dictates that we cannot afford compensation to bring in someone who has been doing well, then we would have to go for inexperience but I would rather have Rob Kelly in charge rather than a failed out of work manager.

Think we need a bit of know to save us this season and bring in a management team at end of season.

So Bassett and Wilkinson till end of season, they did ok when took over from Adams 4 draws from a very poor losing team at the time. (wanted these to stay instead of levien in the first place). Next season look to bring in a Tilson or Allen, or even my Dream team of Walsh with Robertson and Walford as coaches.

Think we need a bit of know to save us this season and bring in a management team at end of season.

So Bassett and Wilkinson till end of season, they did ok when took over from Adams 4 draws from a very poor losing team at the time. (wanted these to stay instead of levien in the first place). Next season look to bring in a Tilson or Allen, or even my Dream team of Walsh with Robertson and Walford as coaches.

:unsure:

he had a good record ina shit league... '3rd force in scottish football' big **** wow.. his record here shows the difference in quality between the scottish premier and the english championship.. it must be immense..

What makes me laugh is that when he first came here, he thought his Hearts team would walk away with this league - this including Maybury, Kisnorbo, Hamill and de Vries.

I tend to think that he's underestimated this league all along.

McAllister's record at Cov was indeed not unimpressive.

But then so was that of Stuart Pearce when he was at the trees.

He's still doing OK at Man City now. If the stories that he applied for the job here last season and was overlooked are true, then those involved should NEVER be allowed to hold any office at our club ever again!

What makes me laugh is that when he first came here, he thought his Hearts team would walk away with this league - this including Maybury, Kisnorbo, Hamill and de Vries.

I tend to think that he's underestimated this league all along.

Exactly, just shows how stupid he actually is.

And big Mark De Vries would score a bagful in this division, and Kisnorbo would be the key difference between us being an average Championship side and one that's challenging the playoffs.

Levein should try justify those things now :rolleyes:

I was watching the football legends on tele this weekend and was struck by the idea of Stuart McCall for Foxes manager. He' got passion, skill and determination and he's been learning his trade. Move Levein up to Director of football to deall with the business side of things and put Stuart in charge of what's happening on the pitch.

Orkney Fox (Chrisjfm)

Out of that list i'd pick Martin Allen. Mainly because he is a motivator and wouldn't cost us that much compensation as Brentford have got bugger all money and I think he's only on a one year contract? Dave Penney has worked wonders at Doncaster but both of these are as in-experienced at our level as Levein was/is.

It will cost us nearly £500k to get rid of Levein, plus Houston, Black and the possibility of Kelly is another manager wanted all of his own coaching staff bought in. I'd say we'd be looking at a hefty figure to pay them all off and get someone in who's of any worth.

The only saving grace is I firmly believe that bar perhaps 5 or 6 players this team is more than good enough to challenge for a top 8 place at worst.

I reckon Rob Kelly would be given the job short term and if he did well in the first few games he'd be given it for the rest of the season with a view to a longer deal if he could keep us up. I don't know alot about Rob Kelly, but apparently his knowledge of players is top notch and i'd rather gamble on him than some other two bit manager with a dodgy record (McCallister, Reid, et all)

20 votes for Gary Mac... good god.

Tell me about it. McCallister might become a decent manager but I wouldn't take the chance on him myself, I think i'd rather give Levein the option to sign de Vries's 6 brothers than have McCallister as manager.

Johan Boskamp for me!!! He wouldn't cost much in terms of compensation as he will be leaving stoke at the end of the season. He has got experience of this division and has improved stoke. He also has brought in some talented young players (bangoura and gallagher but both are loan players) and knows the european market well

Tell me about it. McCallister might become a decent manager but I wouldn't take the chance on him myself, I think i'd rather give Levein the option to sign de Vries's 6 brothers than have McCallister as manager.

I'd like the people who voted for him to actually give me one good reason for getting him.

And playing for us once is not a good reason!!!!!!!!

Archived