Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

What If.......

What if you could go back to sometime in the last 10 years and change something about Leicester City? What would you pick and why? Would it be something like stealing all the pens at Filbert Street so Ade Akinbiyi or Dennis Wise couldnt sign or directing Craig Levein to Pride Park when he arrived in England?

For me, if I could change anything from the last 10 years, I'd have put better marking on that Wycombe guy who scored the winner. That goal hit confidence so badly that i still hold it responsible for the total collapse in our season. Taken the 1-1 draw, gone back to their place and probably have turned them over in the replay to set up a game against Liverpool in the next round.

i'd probably say i'd change not moving to the walkers. i do genuinely like the place and its a lovely stadium to look at (hillsborough yesterday reminded me what a heap of shit filbo really was) but it just isnt the same at the walkers, much like hillsborough really reminded me of filbo. all around us there fans were singing, to the left and to the right and in their KOP end they were singing alot whereas we couldnt muster up much which is how it used to be at filbo. no west stand who sit in corporate seats and no proper "family end" where you cant swear. other than that i would never have appointed peter bastard taylor.

For me it would be to have not appointed Taylor if we had someone to spend the money we had wisely we could have been a club going places

What if you could go back to sometime in the last 10 years and change something about Leicester City? What would you pick and why? Would it be something like stealing all the pens at Filbert Street so Ade Akinbiyi or Dennis Wise couldnt sign or directing Craig Levein to Pride Park when he arrived in England?

For me, if I could change anything from the last 10 years, I'd have put better marking on that Wycombe guy who scored the winner. That goal hit confidence so badly that i still hold it responsible for the total collapse in our season. Taken the 1-1 draw, gone back to their place and probably have turned them over in the replay to set up a game against Liverpool in the next round.

I just think that goal was coincidentally timed with O'Neills ever-lasting effect waning out. Taylor couldn't get the players believing in themselves, like O'Neill could. Taylor didn't have anything to do for the first half of the season. The team, the system and the players were running like a well-drilled unit. Sooner or later the unit would disintegrate because we didn't have a manager capable of maintaining it. If it wasn't Essandoh who set it off it would have been someone else shortly after...

Your all spot on about Taylor and especially Wycombe, from then we went into free fall with a brief upsurge under Micky Adams. We turned Big Sam down when Taylor was appointed, and look what he's done with a similar club...

Someone told me were one of ten clubs who have never dropped out of the top 2 tiers of English football, I pray that number stays at ten for next season

Your all spot on about Taylor and especially Wycombe, from then we went into free fall with a brief upsurge under Micky Adams. We turned Big Sam down when Taylor was appointed, and look what he's done with a similar club...

Someone told me were one of ten clubs who have never dropped out of the top 2 tiers of English football, I pray that number stays at ten for next season

Same here mate

Same here mate

Personally, i would have had the Walkers built about 2 years before it was when MON wanted it. That way, he would have stayed. He perhaps still would'nt be here, but we would be a bit like Charlton and Bolton: Solid top half teams challenging for honours, not watching this bollocks every week.

The fact is that MON worked his arse off for years, won trophies etc, and built up the money that that c*** Peter Taylor wasted on wankers like Ade Akinbiyi. He is the reason for our downfall. What really ****s me off is when he goes on tele doing interviews telling the media how it wasnt his fault. Of course it was your fault you c***! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Personally, i would have had the Walkers built about 2 years before it was when MON wanted it. That way, he would have stayed. He perhaps still would'nt be here, but we would be a bit like Charlton and Bolton: Solid top half teams challenging for honours, not watching this bollocks every week.

The fact is that MON worked his arse off for years, won trophies etc, and built up the money that that c*** Peter Taylor wasted on wankers like Ade Akinbiyi. He is the reason for our downfall. What really ****s me off is when he goes on tele doing interviews telling the media how it wasnt his fault. Of course it was your fault you c***! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

In my opinion it was more the boards fault than Taylors. He cant sign players without the say so of those above him, so he cant take all the blame!

Okay here it goes:-

1) We should have done more to try and keep MON, for example showing some real ambition. We should have showed him the new stadium plans, and the transfer kitty he would have to play with.

2) When MON left all was not lost, I know that leicester City have a legacy for appointing "you, up and coming" managers, but with approximately 20-25 million pounds to spend we needed someone with the experience of the Premier League or at the very least, the then called, Division one.

MON had reccomended David Moyes as the man to continue his legacy, and I don't believe this Leicester Mercury Spin that MON also reccomended CL.

3) Eventhough Taylor was appointed, which I thought was not a bad appointment when it did happen, someone with Premiership experience needed to be alongside him. Someone such as Dave Basset or Joe kinnear in a consulatncy role.

4) Right, all was going well, then we sold Lennon. We needed to get a replacement, and the person to fill his boots needed to be really really special. We could waited until the summer, and got a stop gap in.

5) After the wycombe run, we should really have sacked Taylor, and also giving Elliot a 35k a week contract until he was bloody 38.

6) So we went down, then back up. Adams policy was not bad. buy in buulk in the hope of one or two coming good. It almost worked, we were very very very close.

All the things that have gone on since then I have agreed with, including Adams in his quest to get us up, althiough I do believe the likes of Sinclair and Davidson should have been kept.. I firmly believe that Adams had turned the team around and we were getting results. Draws at home and wins away, a bit like Preston this season.

But fair do's he decided to resign. Then we appointed CL, which was not a bad appointment. And even know I believe he has left a great legacy at the club, from Adams shorterism he has rebuilt the club, whilst ignoring performances.

Metapohrically speaking, Craig Levein is Stalin. He does all the nitty gritty work, but is not a great leader. He is not talented enough to spark great national/city pride in what he does. Obviously Stalin was an evil man that got the work done in crude ways. Back on to Leicester City, we now need someone such as Lenin. A good leader who has the qualities to succeed, who has the passion and talent. We need somene such as Psycho Pearce, we were linked to him before Levein. But there is no chance of that, so lets go with expereicne until the end of the season. A dream team of Sargent Wilko and ~Harry Basset, in the meantime we have to unearth a gem, and do all the homework on him.

It's now or never for Leicester City. Let's get ready to rumble.

I remember MON not been happy that the club couldnt get a new stadium and give him cash? and then taylor was given both. So if anything I would have changed giving MON the transfer funds which may have made him stay. Building the walkers is looking like a mistake as it helped us goto admin and we struggling to even get attendances higher then filbert street and it has only been a fortress in 1 season.

Archived