Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Gary McAllister

Gary McCallister was also the manager when the sh** hit the fan during which time Coventry reduced their debts form £60 million to £23 million. Some on this forum hail Levein's puny savings relative to this. After stabilising the club in his only full season in charge he built the foundations for a late promotion charge the following year under Eric Black. He may not be everybody's cup of tea but be fair with the man's record.

Built the foundations.... ha ha ha ha. In other words did a load of shit until Black took over and made them a half decent team.

Gary McCallister = Worse than Levein and that's a FACT!!!!

Built the foundations.... ha ha ha ha. In other words did a load of shit until Black took over and made them a half decent team.

If you think the facts stated are "a load of shit" that's your right. But facts are facts.....fact!!

Yet again Babylon refuses to allow other posters to have a different view from himself :thumbsup:

Maybe we should have a forum dedicated to just Babylons views and nobdy else is allowed to contradict them :rolleyes:

Yet again Babylon refuses to allow other posters to have a different view from himself :thumbsup:

Maybe we should have a forum dedicated to just Babylons views and nobdy else is allowed to contradict them :rolleyes:

Excuse me it is a fact that he is worse than Levein. Maybe you should check out the FA's manger stats page Allen.

If you think the facts stated are "a load of shit" that's your right. But facts are facts.....fact!!

Maybe you should also read my post again. What facts of yours did I say were a load of shit exactly?

I said "HE DID A LOAD OF SHIT".

Maybe you should also read my post again. What facts of yours did I say were a load of shit exactly?

I said "HE DID A LOAD OF SHIT".

Perhaps Craig Levein should employ you Babylon. You're excellent at moving the goalposts.......

Perhaps Craig Levein should employ you Babylon. You're excellent at moving the goalposts.......

Care to explain how I have moved the goal posts exactly??

He shouldn't employ you to read his mail that's for sure as you miss read everything.

Care to explain how I have moved the goal posts exactly??

He shouldn't employ you to read his mail that's for sure as you miss read everything.

When you're in a hole you should stop digging. I'll let others interpret your post and make their minds up as to what you implied.

First of all where's me fishing rod, I got a big one here :P

Well just off the top of my head how about The Oasis thread

The Oasis thread!!!??

I believe I said.... "For gods sake peoples music tastes are different, just like they are with clothes, food or anything else. 99% of the stuff mrC mentions isn't to my taste. I don't go round slagging it off though or saying I know better for not listening to it."

I soooo don't let people have opinions and think i'm correct all the time. :rolleyes:

Excuse me it is a fact that he is worse than Levein. Maybe you should check out the FA's manger stats page Allen.

Yes but statistically Stuart Pearce may be better then Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Kevin Keegan doesn't mean he's better then them though does it?

The Oasis thread!!!??

I believe I said.... "For gods sake peoples music tastes are different, just like they are with clothes, food or anything else. 99% of the stuff mrC mentions isn't to my taste. I don't go round slagging it off though or saying I know better for not listening to it."

I soooo don't let people have opinions and think i'm correct all the time. :rolleyes:

Quick where's me rod!

I wouldn't say he's worse then Levein, but no way is he ready to replace him.

He had a hard time at Coventry and most of it wasn't his fault, but I would say that Levein is a much more experienced manager and replacing him with Gary would be ridiculous.

I first met Gary when he signed for Leicester(he and Mauchlen lived round the corner),and although I haven't spoken to him for around 10 years, I'd be astounded if he thought he was ready for this job, I know he took the Coventry job but he was more or less pushed into it!

Perhaps if his first two jobs had been taking on the mighty tasks at Cowdenbeath and Hearts Gary may have been looked at in a different light today.

Perhaps if his first two jobs had been taking on the mighty tasks at Cowdenbeath and Hearts Gary may have been looked at in a different light today.

Why? Is it more difficult to manage Coventry than it is any other team then?

Yes but statistically Stuart Pearce may be better then Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Kevin Keegan doesn't mean he's better then them though does it?

Take into account resources and he's doing a lot better than all of them. Time will tell whether it can be sustained or not. When he's been in management for 20 years maybe we can compare them.

Why? Is it more difficult to manage Coventry than it is any other team then?

When you're £60 million in debt and playing a higher standard of football.....yes!!! Much more difficult than Cowdenbeath and Hearts that's for sure. He managed to stabilise a club facing freefall after relegation from the Premier League. Something our manager is patently failing to do.......

Take into account resources and he's doing a lot better than all of them. Time will tell whether it can be sustained or not. When he's been in management for 20 years maybe we can compare them.

Well thats what I mean CL's had more games then Gary in considerably poorer leagues his statistics are bound to be better.

Statistics are OK but you also have to think relatively!

When you're £60 million in debt and playing a higher standard of football.....yes!!! Much more difficult than Cowdenbeath and Hearts that's for sure. He managed to stabilise a club facing freefall after relegation from the Premier League. Something our manager is patently failing to do.......

I do believe that coventry dropped into the bottom three with Mac in charge, how come Levein doesn't get the same consideration. If we appoint mcallister we may as well stick with Levein you MUPPET

Tell me exactly how McCallister was responsible for reducing the debt from £60 million to £23 million? Did he unearth some talented players and then sell them for massive transfer fee's? McCallister had a fairly decent squad of players when he was manager and couldn't get them higher than about 20th in the league, a similar trait to our current manager don;t you think?

People who are making excuses for McCallister should perhaps do the same with Levein? I guarantee that if McCallister did become manager all the sympathetic posts on here about the shit he faced at Coventry would soon be forgotten if his results were the same here as they were when he was at Coventry.

We must be getting desperate.

I do believe that coventry dropped into the bottom three with Mac in charge, how come Levein doesn't get the same consideration. If we appoint mcallister we may as well stick with Levein you MUPPET

As usual, you insult people rather than debate reasonably. McCallister was at Coventry 18 months. approximately the same time as Levein. You can take a snapshot after 12 months of those 18 if it makes you feel better. But when he left the ship they were stabilised and ready for the promotion push so admirably taken on by Eric Black.

The difficulty is the standard of oppositon.

Yes you are correct.... but the team he is managing is also considerably poorer!!! They are the same standard as the other teams in the league he is managing for goodness sake.

Your point may have some validity if he was managing say Rangers or Celtic as they are premier league size clubs spending premier league money in a league thats about the size of Division one in this country.

See point made to Allen.

Archived