Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Gary McAllister

If I have heard correctly (and my sincere apologies if I am wrong), Gary Mac very sadly finally lost his wife to the 'Big C' before Christmas. Now he might well not want to consider getting back to full time employment at the present - but, as many say, he COULD need work to start afresh and live life again. Manager at City could be the chance for him - and for us !

Gary Mac at the helm, with a reliable assistant (such as Eric Black, who sorted at those Sky Blue Whingers with him - and after him) could be an ideal solution for us - IF he is ready ?

I maintain he DID do a good job at Cov - and, with Eric Black, sorted things out, only for Peter Reid and a certain M Adams, to cock up

I maintain he DID do a good job at Cov - and, with Eric Black, sorted things out, only for Peter Reid and a certain M Adams, to cock up

His managerial record is worse than Craig Levein's and he's managed more games. That isn't to say that he can't improve, but surely there is no point wasting money on swapping like for like.

If I have heard correctly (and my sincere apologies if I am wrong), Gary Mac very sadly finally lost his wife to the 'Big C' before Christmas. Now he might well not want to consider getting back to full time employment at the present - but, as many say, he COULD need work to start afresh and live life again. Manager at City could be the chance for him - and for us !

Gary Mac at the helm, with a reliable assistant (such as Eric Black, who sorted at those Sky Blue Whingers with him - and after him) could be an ideal solution for us - IF he is ready ?

Abosolutly baffeling :unsure:

:mad:

We can't take a gamble as big as that I'm afraid.

Get in a manager who has been proven to win things and plays a good brand of football.

ie. Tilson, Gorman, Allen

Gorman is hardly proven is he? If half a season at the top of League 2 is proven then jesus we are in trouble.

We can't take a gamble as big as that I'm afraid.

Get in a manager who has been proven to win things and plays a good brand of football.

ie. Tilson, Gorman, Allen

Why does this blokes name keep popping up as proven??? his record is piss poor

John Gorman

Complete Number Of Games Managed: 138

Overall Win %: 30.43%

Highest Level Managed At: Premiership

Championship Experience: Yes

Championship Record: W: 9, D: 4, L: 9

Championship Unbeaten %: 59.09%

Championship Win %: 40.91%

John Gorman

His Championship record isn't too bad, who was that at? 31 points from 22 games, a record we would love this season!

John Gorman

I've seen Wycombe a lot this season, and the football they are playing is stunning. Maybe these people mentioning Gorman have also seen more of Wycombe than yourself and are in a better posistion to judge him? It's not all about statistics is it.

Also, Steffen Oakes is a fantastic player and would be a great signing for us.

I've seen Wycombe a lot this season, and the football they are playing is stunning. Maybe these people mentioning Gorman have also seen more of Wycombe than yourself and are in a better posistion to judge him? It's not all about statistics is it.

Using the word proven, is still factually incorrect though. :rolleyes:

You raise some good points, but then every so often you let yourself down with comments like that and people struggle to take you seriously.

Wasn't it your all time favourite manager that got rid of Oakes aswell for being crap? Mr Adams! Are you accusing the messiah of once making a mistake? How Dare Yow!

noone here knows what mcallister had at coventry and did he have 18 months of time?

He had 20 months (give or take a few weeks). He had players like Jay Bothroyd, Calum Davenport, Matt Jansen, David Thompson and Lee Hughes as well as another eleven who are all still playing in the Championship, a couple still playing in the SPL and six or seven who are playing in good leagues abroad. He even had our own Walshie there for a bit. Apart from the fact he said "Who really cares what Neil Warnock says?" once I can't see why people would want him as a manager. I can't see why he'd want to come anyway so soon after his wife has died. He was great as a player for us but that doesn't mean he'll be great as a manager..

You say, 'anyone is better than craig' which is obviously not true. You might be trying to drive Craig out by making out that he's the devil but he wants to do a good job just as every manager does. Change for change sake doesn’t help, especially when you have to pay for it like we'd have to. Sacking the manager doesn't guarantee we'd go shooting up the league. If you want to get rid of him you actually have to think of a realistic alternative. Someone who is cheap, embodies the qualities that Craig apparently doesn't have, has a good record and preferably has managed at Championship level. Oh, and they have to want to come here as well. Does that sound like too much? It wouldn't be worth changing the manager for anything less.

did mcallister bring coventry to 22nd in the table?

Did they ever finish in 22nd under McAllister? No. In his only full season with Coventry they finished 20th. Is there some point to that question? I take it you mean to imply that Levein is a worse manager than McAllister, I hate to break it to you, it's not the end of the season yet, so far the lowest Levein has finished in the Championship is 15th.

Did they ever finish in 22nd under McAllister? No. In his only full season with Coventry they finished 20th. Is there some point to that question? I take it you mean to imply that Levein is a worse manager than McAllister, I hate to break it to you, it's not the end of the season yet, so far the lowest Levein has finished in the Championship is 15th.

Gary McCallister was also the manager when the sh** hit the fan during which time Coventry reduced their debts form £60 million to £23 million. Some on this forum hail Levein's puny savings relative to this. After stabilising the club in his only full season in charge he built the foundations for a late promotion charge the following year under Eric Black. He may not be everybody's cup of tea but be fair with the man's record.

If McCallister does get the job when Levein goes then i'll be astounded. Any fans who want Levein out and to be replaced with him are hypocrites, he's worse than Levein!

I wouldn't say he's worse then Levein, but no way is he ready to replace him.

He had a hard time at Coventry and most of it wasn't his fault, but I would say that Levein is a much more experienced manager and replacing him with Gary would be ridiculous.

I first met Gary when he signed for Leicester(he and Mauchlen lived round the corner),and although I haven't spoken to him for around 10 years, I'd be astounded if he thought he was ready for this job, I know he took the Coventry job but he was more or less pushed into it!

Archived