Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Gary McAllister

Yes, but the point he was making (which I think you well know) is that having been a good player is not, in itself, qualification for being a good manager.

Agreed, but just because you were a good player doesn't mean you will be a poor manager either. Another red herring with which to throw at the likes of McCallister and Walsh.

I think your point still stands though Sly, just because you were a great player, doesn't mean you're gonna be good manager.

Cheers for the support on this one.

That was what I was trying to point out.

Does anyone know if a female has ever been in charge at a league club or any club for that matter??

Yes but to be fair to Clardige sacking him before he had played a competitve game was completely out of order.

Does anyone know what actually went wrong at Millwall, I assume they didn't like his approach.

As usual, you insult people rather than debate reasonably. McCallister was at Coventry 18 months. approximately the same time as Levein. You can take a snapshot after 12 months of those 18 if it makes you feel better. But when he left the ship they were stabilised and ready for the promotion push so admirably taken on by Eric Black.

He was at Coventry for 20 months, not 18. When he left they were 17th in the table at around December time.

Well thats what I mean CL's had more games then Gary in considerably poorer leagues his statistics are bound to be better.

Levein's Championship record is better than McAllister's Championship record.

Did they ever finish in 22nd under McAllister? No. In his only full season with Coventry they finished 20th. Is there some point to that question? I take it you mean to imply that Levein is a worse manager than McAllister, I hate to break it to you, it's not the end of the season yet, so far the lowest Levein has finished in the Championship is 15th.

craig hasnt had a full season yet either, lets take away the 3 away wins adams had achieved before craig joined and see if we would have been 15th then. By what you said I would rate mcallister highr then craig yes.

As usual, you insult people rather than debate reasonably. McCallister was at Coventry 18 months. approximately the same time as Levein. You can take a snapshot after 12 months of those 18 if it makes you feel better. But when he left the ship they were stabilised and ready for the promotion push so admirably taken on by Eric Black.

Quite right l444ry, Gary Mac DID sort out Cov, largely for Eric Black to take forward. They were a very decent side when Black left (which was the usual Sky Blues Board disgrace). I really do think McAllister got a raw deal from the press (and some fans) for putting Cov right - and you do have to take the Clubs record under Black AT THE SAME TIME as McAllisters', to really appreciate his contribution (ie where were Cov when Black left ?!)

craig hasnt had a full season yet either, lets take away the 3 away wins adams had achieved before craig joined and see if we would have been 15th then. By what you said I would rate mcallister highr then craig yes.

You're right, Craig hasn't had a full season yet, so no comparison can be made with McAllister. No point 'taking away the 3 wins under Adams' as then you'd have to give Craig the benefit of the doubt for the 12 games Adams managed before he left.

Quite right l444ry, Gary Mac DID sort out Cov, largely for Eric Black to take forward. They were a very decent side when Black left (which was the usual Sky Blues Board disgrace). I really do think McAllister got a raw deal from the press (and some fans) for putting Cov right - and you do have to take the Clubs record under Black AT THE SAME TIME as McAllisters', to really appreciate his contribution (ie where were Cov when Black left ?!)

So if Levein gets sacked tomorrow, they let Rob Andrews take over and he takes us on run that see's us go in to the top half, how much credit would you be giving Levein? :rolleyes:

In the same way that the Republic of Ireland took on a rookie I'd take Walsh with an experienced mentor.

Not sure about handing him the reigns straight away. Staunton has at least done some coaching at an average level unlike Walsh.

I would certainly consider him as a right hand man to someone to learn the ropes a bit.

Will Levein get the same symapthy from you when a new manager comes in and perhaps takes us up the table? The fact is Levein has pieced togetehr a decent team, he just cannot motivate them. McCallister obviously did the same according to you, so why are people having a go at Levein yet applauding what McCallister did at Cov. Surely it's the same scenario?? Strange.

So if Levein gets sacked tomorrow, they let Rob Andrews take over and he takes us on run that see's us go in to the top half, how much credit would you be giving Levein? :rolleyes:

Clive Woodward, Rob Andrews... we're being taken over by egg chasers!!

Unless you mean Rob Kelly. Your point is spot on though.

Archived