Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Wise signs for.......

..yup you guessed it - COVENTRY!! After everything that happened between MA and Wisey in the past! :o

Coventry City have signed veteran midfielder Dennis Wise on a pay-as-you-play deal until the end of the season.

The 39-year-old arrives at The Ricoh Arena following his acrimonious departure from Championship rivals Southampton earlier this month.

His position became untenable after George Burley's appointment as Saints boss, as he had targeted a managerial role alongside Dave Bassett following Harry Redknapp's decision to return to Portsmouth.

Wise was subsequently linked with a coaching role at Lincoln City and the manager's job at Rotherham United, while reports in East Yorkshire suggested Hull City boss Peter Taylor was interested in luring him to The Kingston Communications Stadium.

He has opted to join Coventry instead, where he is reunited with Sky Blues boss Micky Adams after the pair worked together at Leicester City.

The former Millwall manager will be available to make his Sky Blues debut against Derby County on Saturday.

FROM SKYSPORTS

Just signed for cov on a pay as you play deal.

Wasn't mickey the manager here when Wise hit Davidson??

Must have been the board wanting him out not mickey then!

Yeah it was, Adams said at the time he would be happy for wise to stay, the board wanted to sack him as we were fast approaching admin and he was being paid £35k a week.

Yeah it was, Adams said at the time he would be happy for wise to stay, the board wanted to sack him as we were fast approaching admin and he was being paid £35k a week.

The board didn't want him to play another game for city cos it would've meant we had to pay chelsea some more transfer cash as well, another reason they wanted him out

This appalling act is conclusive proof (if any was needed) that Adams has moved on from his time with us. It's about time his apologists on here (you know who you are) did the same.

If we do take the drop, let's hope we drag the sky blue scum down with us!

Putting aside all the rights and wrongs as to whether Micky Adam's was a successful manager during his time at LCFC, one thing I did have was admiration and respect for him when he resigned. However that has disappeared completely with this action all I now feel is that if he can do this then he obviously never had any feelings or respect for LCFC.

Putting aside all the rights and wrongs as to whether Micky Adam's was a successful manager during his time at LCFC, one thing I did have was admiration and respect for him when he resigned. However that has disappeared completely with this action all I now feel is that if he can do this then he obviously never had any feelings or respect for LCFC.

Get over yourself. It is a footballing decision and nothing more. Micky obviously thinks Wise can do a job at Coventry (and he probably can considering the shit Micky's got to work with there atm, even though they are 6 points above us!). Do you seriously expect him not to sign a player out of respect for his former club (whos fans hounded him out)?

Get over yourself. It is a footballing decision and nothing more. Micky obviously thinks Wise can do a job at Coventry (and he probably can considering the shit Micky's got to work with there atm, even though they are 6 points above us!). Do you seriously expect him not to sign a player out of respect for his former club (whos fans hounded him out)?

No but as he was part of the reasons behind our demise and hence MA's eventually demise then yes.

It just lets me know unequivocally that he never had any respect for LCFC from the day this piece of garbage was, justifiably kicked out LCFC or to put it another way he preferred him to Calum the innocent victim, this shows a definate flaw in MA's character.

Besides why should I 'get over myself' I have a right to respect whom so ever I want, its has absolutely nothing to do with you. I 'm entitle to state my feelings towards him as are you, If you admire him fine but I don't patronise me by telling me I should respect.

Maybe he thinks he is a better player??

Their qualities as players have nothing to do with it, MA's obviously preferred a thug to his innocent victim.

:P:P Wise to the cov Scum,payasyouplay,what a twat your are micky will you never learn :P:P

I didn't think I could hate Dennis Wise any more than I did.

But now, imagining that dwarf running about in a Sky Blue shirt, I feel like putting my fist through my monitor.

:P:P Wise to the cov Scum,payasyouplay,what a twat your are micky will you never learn :P:P

The blokes a Bafoon!!

I can remember hearing that he took the coventry squad to Ibiza last summer when the previous summer with us was La Manga and we don't need reminding what happened there

Was watching the interview on Sky Sports News earlier and Wise said Adams didnt want him sacked from Leicester after the incident with Davidson. That exemplifies Adams's Discipline and general intelligence for me. Hopefully Wise will do what he did at Leicester to Cov, Smack one of their players (or hopefully a few),their fans as well then land one on Bum chin and end up clubless again.

Archived