Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Fryatt's STILL Keen & Optimistic!

From OS

Matty Eyes Home Start

0,,10274%7E2825761,00.jpg

New-boy Matty Fryatt is hoping to begin a love affair with the Leicester fans at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

Fryatt made his debut for the Foxes as a second half substitute in the 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday last weekend.

But now back on home soil the 19-year-old striker says he can't wait to get a taste of the action in front of his new supporters.

He said: "I'm really looking forward to playing at the Walkers Stadium should i be selected to play this weekend. I had a good look round the ground when I signed and now I can't wait to get out on to the pitch.

"I watched the FA Cup win over Spurs on television just before I signed and the atmosphere was fantastic. Hopefully it will be just the same against Cardiff."

Defeat at Hillsborough saw the Foxes slip into the relegation places for the first time, but Fryatt remains confident.

He added: "After being here for just over a week I can't see any reason why we can't go up the league and away from the relegation zone. I can see things turning around."

And the Nuneaton-born frontman, who has 14 goals to his name already this season, has seen it all before.

He added: "I have been in a similar position in the league to this when I was at Carlisle on loan and also during my time at Walsall. If I can help to turn Leicester's fortunes around then that would be great."

That's the only saving grace of young players, especially new ones. They are immune to the dark cloud that is currently position over our club and it could be the difference. It's a big ask but if he hits the ground running and gets a goal tomorrow he might well have the confidence to score us some crucial goals.

The good thing about Fryatt is he's a penalty taker, which is a very good opportunity to get an early goal in your career if one comes along. We've had alot of penalties this season and one tomorrow for the new boy would be nice.

but if we dont get a penalty until joey is back who will get them?

it would be unfair to take them off joey, IMO, as he hasnt missed 1 yet

True, but I think it's imperitive Fryatt gets a goal as early as possible. We've seen what happened to Hume, Connolly, Elvis and MDV when you don;t score in your first few games.

but fryatt seems the type that would be more likely to creat his on goal where as the others are more dependant on service

Every striker is dependant on service to some extent. I thought that Fryatt was the type who would be especially dependant as apparently he's a goal hanger, six-yard man. :dunno:

Every striker is dependant on service to some extent. I thought that Fryatt was the type who would be especially dependant as apparently he's a goal hanger, six-yard man. :dunno:

That was kind of my understanding as well, that he was very much a Gary Lineker type of player.

i was judging by some of his goals he scored for walsal, that i saw on world

i was judging by some of his goals he scored for walsal, that i saw on world

I think he's primarily a Lineker-esque poacher, a fox in the box if you'll excuse the lame pun.

The thing with goal-hangers like that is that, once they've got a few tap-ins under their belt and confidence is running high, they start to try the more audacious stuff.

As an example I'm thinking of Robbie Fowler. He's scored some impressive goals out of nothing, but his bread-and-butter was always putting away simple chances well and being in the right place at the right time.

Fryatt, I think, will be the same. He'll start off by finishing chances others create for him and then, when he's been playing in the team for a while more of his goals will come as a result of him creating his own chances. If that makes sense.

I've only written all that so he scores a hattrick of individualist goals tomorrow to make me look like a fool!

You've got Fryatt all wrong. Yes he's a finisher and takes whatever chances come his way but he creates or starts most of the moves that lead to his goals himself, including his pens.

Even if Gudjonsson hasn't missed a pen, believe me if Fryatt wins a pen, he won't be letting anyone else take it.

He'll score tomorrow, I'll put money on it.

You've got Fryatt all wrong. Yes he's a finisher and takes whatever chances come his way but he creates or starts most of the moves that lead to his goals himself, including his pens.

Even if Gudjonsson hasn't missed a pen, believe me if Fryatt wins a pen, he won't be letting anyone else take it.

He'll score tomorrow, I'll put money on it.

I hope your right and win loads of cash ( oh by the way if you do mines a Stella!)

Archived