Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Fresh Starts

having heard at 11pm last night that Craig Levein was sacked yesterday it got me thinking. maybe now some of the "not so favoured" players in the City squad will keep there places? we all know De Vries isnt the most supported player, and others like Kisnorbo, Sylla and Douglas are hardly fan favourites. (although imo Kisnorbo hasnt done much wrong but i still wouldnt have him in my 1st 11. maybe now Rob Kelly or a new boss, when they come, picks out his own 11 players and produces something proper. if i were the new boss and had never met these players before and based it on ability / clips of previous performances this would be my selection

------------------------------------- Douglas

Stearman ------------ McCarthy ----------- Gerrbrand ----------- Sheehan

Sylla ------------------ Gudjonnson -------- Hughes -------------- Smith

--------------------- Fryatt -------------------- Hume

Subs : Henderson, Hammond, De Vries, Wesolowski, Johansson.

anyone care to differ? im not 100% sure on Sylla but who else can play right wing effectively? i hope a new boss will come in and fire him up.

having heard at 11pm last night that Craig Levein was sacked yesterday it got me thinking. maybe now some of the "not so favoured" players in the City squad will keep there places? we all know De Vries isnt the most supported player, and others like Kisnorbo, Sylla and Douglas are hardly fan favourites. (although imo Kisnorbo hasnt done much wrong but i still wouldnt have him in my 1st 11. maybe now Rob Kelly or a new boss, when they come, picks out his own 11 players and produces something proper. if i were the new boss and had never met these players before and based it on ability / clips of previous performances this would be my selection

anyone care to differ? im not 100% sure on Sylla but who else can play right wing effectively? i hope a new boss will come in and fire him up.

On the players we've got now I'd really hope that Lee Morris can come throughhis injury crisis successfully. He's different League as a winger to Sylla from the little I saw against Arsenal Reserves. Also Wesolowski is a must.

Lots of people have talked about Hughes for a long time but I've have seen very little this season to convince me he is anything special at all, except for having a good engine. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong but for now Williams has far more to offer if someone can get the best out of him.

I'd also be inclined towards O'Grady up front with Fryatt. Hume is definitely an in the hole player, and has an important role to play in that department especially if we play high enough/well enough to go 3-4-3 at times.

O'Grady is busy, strong fairly quick and a handful. Technically, he looks a far better striker to me than Hume, although I rate both.

Only Hughes, who is the only one who I think has enough ability to play at this level. Maybury also does but doesn't have the desire anymore and wants out.

I think Maybury's size and lack of pace affect him. He's been awful this season. Jury's still out for me with Hughes but maybe a better coach will point him in right direction and same with Williams. Reckon a manager who'll give players a kick up the @rse will do the trick and never play DeVreis again. I know he's scored 8 goals but when diud he last score in the league!

of your team, sylla is unavailible, is gerrbrand injured? strange he wasnt on the bench tuesday.

good side though just swap williams for hughes, though williams has a minor injury ATM i believe

In my modest opinion Williams should it the side.

So i would go

Rab

Stearman

McCarthy

Johansson

Maybury

Hughes

William

Gudjonsson

Smith

Fryatt

Hume

Though i still think we need a striker with both pace, Power and big.

In my modest opinion Williams should it the side.

Though i still think we need a striker with both pace, Power and big.

i think your more likely to get rocking horse shit mate :(

also i'd like to know if the number 1 goalie slot is open to both keepers in the squad, Hendo had a run of games but hasnt had a sniff since. he looked ok when i saw him a few times, only problem was he kicked it out to quick rather than gather the ball could have been nerves though.

of your team, sylla is unavailible, is gerrbrand injured? strange he wasnt on the bench tuesday.

good side though just swap williams for hughes, though williams has a minor injury ATM i believe

Gerrbrands wife had a baby, which is why he wasnt on the bench. Was on he interview with Rob Kelly on the OS

we need a right sided player sylla isn't good enough & we need hughes in the centre of the park. so how about this?

------------ henderson----------

---------- stearman ----------- mccarthy------------ dublin ----------- tiatto

----------- maybury ----------- hughes ------------ gudjonssen ------------- smith

------------ fryatt ------------ hume

at a time like this we need the leadership qualities & experience of dublin & tiatto on the pitch every game.

Yes, maybury plays right midfield he always looks decent going forward & stearman can overlap with maybury dropping back to cover.

we need a right sided player sylla isn't good enough & we need hughes in the centre of the park. so how about this?

------------ henderson----------

---------- stearman ----------- mccarthy------------ dublin ----------- tiatto

----------- maybury ----------- hughes ------------ gudjonssen ------------- smith

------------ fryatt ------------ hume

at a time like this we need the leadership qualities & experience of dublin & tiatto on the pitch every game.

Yes, maybury plays right midfield he always looks decent going forward & stearman can overlap with maybury dropping back to cover.

oohh!!! look at me, predicting maybury to play right midfield!!!

didn't do us any good mind. still, if rob kelly needs any advice he knows where i am. :cool:

Archived