Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moseeds

TIM DAVIES ON HEART 106

The gist of it was "We don't want to make any hasty decisions", woudn't be drawn in to who will take over but I think experience is a key factor, and staying up is paramount (bloody obvious I know). That's all I managed to catch.

Let's not stir all this up again, but Levein brought the majority of those players in. They were training under him and his coaching staff, playing his tactics. He was given the chance to wheel and deal. If one or two, perhaps 3 or 4 had let him down, fair enough, I'd buy it and feel for the bloke. The fact is, most players have 'let him down' as it has been put and that is indicative of poor management whether it be in terms of charisma, tactical awareness or man-management.

Birch sumed it up well earlier by saying the players have let Levein down imn a way and it's sad to see the end result of that.

One problem was the fans could see players performing badly and made enough noise about it but Levein couldn't/wouldn't see it and refused to listen to the fans.

Normally it is dead simple when players are underperforming, and I don't mean once or twice. The manager drops em. If Levein refused to do that then whose fault was it?

One problem was the fans could see players performing badly and made enough noise about it but Levein couldn't/wouldn't see it and refused to listen to the fans.

Normally it is dead simple when players are underperforming, and I don't mean once or twice. The manager drops em. If Levein refused to do that then whose fault was it?

Agree there

Levein always said that there were no players letting him down though.

Which leads to the question was he just playing them because he has too much pride? Or did he seriously not see that they were underperforming?

Agree there

Levein always said that there were no players letting him down though.

Which leads to the question was he just playing them because he has too much pride? Or did he seriously not see that they were underperforming?

You could argue that he was trying to build a settled team, but that goes out of the window, i cant remember the last time we put out the same side for 2 straight games. :unsure:

Little tims just waiting to see what manager we want, then like any club, they ring around, gather feelers and work out which one of our most likely`s is better equiped.

He cant take the word of a martin o`neill or foxes trust opinion this time, its directly down to us to nominate the few.

Please think with your footballing brains my city comrades, and not your fluttering hearts, our clubs future depends on it.

Little tims just waiting to see what manager we want, then like any club, they ring around, gather feelers and work out which one of our most likely`s is better equiped.

He cant take the word of a martin o`neill or foxes trust opinion this time, its directly down to us to nominate the few.

Please think with your footballing brains my city comrades, and not your fluttering hearts, our clubs future depends on it.

So are you gonna put Maybury's name forward?

Or is he too vital as the central midfield general?

:D:D:whistle:

The gist of it was "We don't want to make any hasty decisions", woudn't be drawn in to who will take over but I think experience is a key factor, and staying up is paramount (bloody obvious I know). That's all I managed to catch.

with that in mind i'm astounded at the popularity neil lennon is having with people on foxestalk - its barmy beyond belief!

Archived