Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bolt

kisnorbo out

No but he could not learn from the PREVIOUS GAME not to give free kicks away in such positions. The manager would have had to instruct them after Nils mistake. Kisnorbo just got suckered into it and outsmarted.

Well the was a lot of doubt expressed as to whether the Kisnorbo incident even warranted a free kick.

The only reason I posted that was because dan123 deemed it necessary to use it as a critical justification in Kisnorbo being rubbish, he may well be but that free kick was hardly relevant to that debate bearing in mind all our players have at one point or another been culpable for us losing a game through a single error.

Unless one makes a horrific individual error

If we convert possession into chances, and then score from the chances, one error by one player does not make any difference to the result. It's a 2-1 or a 3-1 instead of a 0-1.

Here's a recent article from the Australian press. The word 'denial' may spring to mind...

Patient Patrick pleads for call

January 17, 2006

FORGOTTEN defender Patrick Kisnorbo hopes that a text message from the football federation of Australia detailing the Socceroos calendar of matches this year will mark the rebonding of a fractured relationship.

Leicester City's skipper wants the reconciliation to be consummated by a phone call from assistant Socceroos coach Graham Arnold telling him he's wanted for February's Asian Cup opener against Bahrain.

The defender-cum-midfielder has been quietly simmering since his last appearance in the green and gold 19 months ago.

And his frustration is approaching boiling point.

With competition for spots hotting up as long-time casualty Craig Moore nears fitness and Ljubo Milicevic, Tony Vidmar, Tony Popovic, John McKain and Michael Thwaite jockey for defensive positions, Kisnorbo doesn't want his voice to be drowned out.

"It's hurt being ignored for so long, especially not knowing why you're not involved," says Kisnorbo, currently skippering second-tier Leicester in the absence of injured Aussie teammate Danny Tiatto.

"If I don't get picked then I'll know that in the coach's eyes I'm not good enough. But I just want the opportunity. I'm playing first-team football at a decent level every week and I can't do much more than that right now.

"I'm available for the Bahrain game -- I want a chance to show I can do a job for Australia at the World Cup."

Kisnorbo's past may have stood against him.

He was sent off after 59 minutes and heavily criticised in his last Socceroos appearance -- a dire 2-2 draw with the Solomon Islands at the Nations Cup in Adelaide in 2004.

He then tested former coach Frank Farina's patience by pulling out of Australia's Olympic Games squad for Athens, fearful it might jeopardise his position with former club Hearts.

But his form in his first season in England, under former Hearts coach Craig Levein, makes a compelling case for a recall even though Leicester are two points from safety at the bottom of the Championship.

"I pulled out of the Olympics because I was coming out of contract with Hearts and didn't know what was happening," added Kisnorbo, who possesses the mobility, pace and touch cherished by Socceroos coach Guus Hiddink . "I'm playing in central midfield for Leicester but my favourite position is at centre half and that's where I've played for Australia."

On Australia's prospects in June, Kisnorbo, who has seven caps, said: "We have to go there to make some waves. There will be more teams scared of us than teams that scare us."

Source

The Murdoch press is obviously as reliable in its native land as it is here! :laugh:

No but he could not learn from the PREVIOUS GAME not to give free kicks away in such positions. The manager would have had to instruct them after Nils mistake. Kisnorbo just got suckered into it and outsmarted.

Well who says it was actually a free kick?

Looked very dubious to me.

It's a physical game and defenders are going to harrass strikers aren't they, but sometimes get shite decisions as well as sometimes making silly fouls, but we don't know Kis's was one..

His all round play in the game vs Plymouth was very commendable, he's one of the players here that actually seems to give a shit too!

So why was he dropped for the saints game then?

Maybe Kelly didn't fancy him in a 442, Kelly doesn't like him as a player full stop, Kelly rates Gerrbrand higher than him, slight knock, just being rested for QPR..

You tell me.

i think he'll do ok at centre half!!!

from what ive seen when he plays there he does ok.

Sounds like he had another decent game last night.

Maybe other managers can get a decent game out of him! :o

Sounds like he had another decent game last night.

Maybe other managers can get a decent game out of him! :o

Probably more due to the fact that he's finally playing in his preferred position. Let's hope he contiues this run of good form as CB and never graces the midfield ever again.

:)

What a difference a day makes. ;):thumbup:

If only other players in the squad would turn into such a revelation by being played in their correct positions. Sadly, Sylla's correct position is right wing, so we're kinda stuck there. lol

Well done Patrick, keep up the good work and you'll soon be a fan favorite :ph34r::ph34r:

Kisnorbo had a great game tonight. And it was great to see him come and applaud the fans on his own despite the shit he's been given by some of them over the season.

you can't become a good player after one game allthough he did play quite well

Kisnorbo had a great game tonight. And it was great to see him come and applaud the fans on his own despite the shit he's been given by some of them over the season.

you can't become a good player after one game allthough he did play quite well

When did he say that he's a good player? He said he had a great game :huh:

But its great to say Kisnorbo is playing well because i really felt for him when he gets boooed its disgraceful.

He was an absolute rock last night, MOTM easily.

Just shows what a total plank Levein is, playing him out of position and making him look like he's totally out of his depth when, played in his preferred position, he looks more than capable of doing a job for us.

Just shows what a total plank Levein is, playing him out of position and making him look like he's totally out of his depth when, played in his preferred position, he looks more than capable of doing a job for us.

I fully agree. Kisnobber has taken some real stick but he seems to have found his niche in central defence so let's give him a break and see what happens.

Maybury is the real worry for me. He's had a run of shocking performances and I'd like to see Sheehan get a run out for a change, hopefully against Wolves!

The criticism of Kisnorbo was and is always over the top. Why some on this forum think their opinion is of greater intellect than the Australian manager and even Levein beggars belief.

But weren't people basing that opinion on his performances in midfield? even the most ardant fans of him would probably agree that he's put in some desparately poor performances. He's even said himself that he likes playing at centre back. Surely the blame for the way he's been treated has to lay with levein who played him out of position for most of the season.

Archived