Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bolt

kisnorbo out

It's probably best to put this in Layman's terms

Player plays badly, he gets (rightly or wrongly) criticised. Said player turns in 2 outstanding performances in a different position but no, you can't offer praise as you are either a sheep or ignorant to that player's previously unseen godly talents.

Give me a break.

In the eyes of those who want to set themselves apart by deluding themselves about our situation whilst trying to put themselves on pedestals as 'better fans' than the likes of ourselves.... yes.

In reality, no.

Who are you referring to when you say 'those'?

For my two pence worth, i was one who rearly criticised Kisnorbo. :ph34r:

But now he is playing in his 'apparent' natural postion and seems to be playing well, i take all what i said back.

Just seeing him in midfeild ALL SEASON and playing like a ****, wound me up big time.

But i suppose that's levein's fault for playing him there all the time, apart from the one game in defence (from what i can remember).

I hope he carrys on playing well and turns round his poor season, he was gutted when the fans were on his back so hopefully he can proove ME and everyone else who got on his back that he is actually an essential player for us.

Come on you FOXes...Up the playoffs!!! :ph34r:

:thumbup:

So you knew all along then that Kisnorbo was a class act in defence, even though he played like a donkey for months in midfield? :rolleyes:

Yeh right, you never criticised him once during this time? You seem to think that you're a better judge than anyone else here, and that if you've criticised a player once you can never praise him otherwise you're a sheep.

I, like others, will tell it like I see it. If he plays shit for weeks on end, I will criticise, if he plays consistently well, I will praise. Got that? Does that mean I'm a sheep?

You're just telling it as you see it Anish. And so am I. I don't give a monkey's whether I'm a better judge or not but I will repeat....Kisnorbo was subjected to pathetic and way over the top abuse, usually from ill-informed people who jumped on the bandwagon without thinking. I shouldn't take it so personally my old mate.

It's probably best to put this in Layman's terms

Player plays badly, he gets (rightly or wrongly) criticised. Said player turns in 2 outstanding performances in a different position but no, you can't offer praise as you are either a sheep or ignorant to that player's previously unseen godly talents.

Give me a break.

The original point was that Kisnorbo was playing out of position in a critical role , which was a partial reason for his poor performances. I am also making the point that rather than give the bloke a little slack he was subjected to an unjustified tirade of schoolground verbal bullying. I don't know where you get the idea that you can't offer praise.......very touchy some on here.

Perhaps 'can't offer' praise was the wrong terminology. It was implied (by Barton) that praise in Kisnorbos' direction following the QPR game has changed people's opinions of him as a player (see the 'I always knew he was a good player' quote as his example) and as such he attempted to demonstrate the fickleness of certain fans.

The issue shouldn't be complicated or used as ammunition to attack fans critical of PK previously. Kisnorbo was terrible in midfield (irrespective of whether that's his natural position), but was great at the back last night and has justifiably received praise. It has nothing to do with the 'fickle' nature of supporters - If Maybury has a good game on Saturday I'm sure it'll be noted, despite his desperate recent form.

It has nothing to do with the 'fickle' nature of supporters - If Maybury has a good game on Saturday I'm sure it'll be noted, despite his desperate recent form.

Difference there is Maybury has been playing in his natural postion 'most' of the season and has been playing shite to be fair.

Ive moaned about him loads on here about how shite hes been but after Plymouth I realised that hes not that bad after all but only when played in central defence. Im not a sheep, I have my own opinions but I can also own up to changing my mind about someone - how great am I? :whistle:

Seriously though Kis deserves to be encouraged and im sure if hes played in his rightful position (or should that be best position?) he will continue to prove those that doubted him wrong (including myself)

Ive moaned about him loads on here about how shite hes been but after Plymouth I realised that hes not that bad after all but only when played in central defence. Im not a sheep, I have my own opinions but I can also own up to changing my mind about someone - how great am I? :whistle:

Seriously though Kis deserves to be encouraged and im sure if hes played in his rightful position (or should that be best position?) he will continue to prove those that doubted him wrong (including myself)

His Aussie caps have been gained as a defender. It was only Levein who kept putting him out of position at both Hearts and here.

All these players being played out of postion by Craig makes you wonder if Rabs the answer to our striking problems!

With his swinging on the crossbar antics against spurs I reckon his best position is in Billy Bates circus as a trapeeze artist

Difference there is Maybury has been playing in his natural postion 'most' of the season and has been playing shite to be fair.

Not sure about that to be honest - I think he's played LB more than RB.

Maybs has something like 25 league starts, and Stearman 17, and Stearman has only played at LB for one or two games (and not for the whole game in either case)

So realistically, Maybury has probably only played 10-12 or so games in his 'natural' position of Right Back - around half or maybe less. He's usually out of position.

Then again, from recollection, his performances at RB hardly set the league alight either. lol

He's basically been a bit pants all year.

Kisnorbo was rightfully criticised for his midfield performances

kisnorbo was rightfully praised for his performances in defence

i, and i'm sure the majority of the fans don't have anything personnal against kisnorbo, we just give critisism were it is due, and we give credit were credit is due. The blame for this has to lie with levein for playing him out of position and making him look like a fool. To be fair to kisnorbo he has been saying all along that midfield isn't his favourite or best position, and i believe that all of his international caps came at the back, maybe at right back i'm not sure.

Kisnorbo was rightfully criticised for his midfield performances

kisnorbo was rightfully praised for his performances in defence

i, and i'm sure the majority of the fans don't have anything personnal against kisnorbo, we just give critisism were it is due, and we give credit were credit is due. The blame for this has to lie with levein for playing him out of position and making him look like a fool. To be fair to kisnorbo he has been saying all along that midfield isn't his favourite or best position, and i believe that all of his international caps came at the back, maybe at right back i'm not sure.

Very True.

Craig Levein made the fans turn against him , by playing him in the center of midfield where everyone could see he was'nt comfortable and generally shite.

Im looking forward to see how he plays on Saturday :)

• 2 months later...

Erm, he played for South Melbourne in the old National Soccer League which were year in year out the superpowers of the old Australian league, which was not amateur but semi-professional (the new A-League is now full-time Pro).

The NSL produced 95% of Australia's current European contingent such as Mark Viduka, Brett Emerton, Jason Culina, Mark Schwarzer etc.

Players such as Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill and Christian Vieri all played for their NSL Youth Teams before travelling overseas.

I used to watch Kisnorbo play at South each week, where he played at CENTRE HALF. Was subsequently selected for the Australian U-20 for his performances in the NSL and subsequent to that selected for the senior team. He has 6 caps for the senior team, the same team which beat yours 3-1 and who's current coach you are so desperate to poach. All his caps for Australia he has played at CENTRE HALF.

Maybe La Bamba should do some more scouting for us. :w00t: :w00t: :D:P;):thumbup:

I think Kisnorbo deserves player of the season....It was because the team was playing so badly under CL all our frustrations came out on Kis and MDV (he still is crap).....now the team is playing decent even when a guy has a bad game it dont really matter eg: Joey Vs palace!!!

Archived