Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

(Looking for) Assessments of Rob Kelly

So, we lost 1-0 to a very late, non-wonder goal.

How do people feel Rob Kelly has performed today - thoughts on the team selection, his input during the game (substitutions, etc) and the like are what I'm looking for here.

I notice he dropped MDV and Kisnorbo, and he changed people around into different positions than they would normally play - any thoughts there? (I know most of you are probably pleased about the lack of MDV and Kisnorbo in the starting 11 :P)

So yeah - how did he do?

So, we lost 1-0 to a very late, non-wonder goal.

How do people feel Rob Kelly has performed today - thoughts on the team selection, his input during the game (substitutions, etc) and the like are what I'm looking for here.

I notice he dropped MDV and Kisnorbo, and he changed people around into different positions than they would normally play - any thoughts there? (I know most of you are probably pleased about the lack of MDV and Kisnorbo in the starting 11 :P)

So yeah - how did he do?

Well the team was crap, never looked like scoring and threw it away at the end. Levein, Black and Houston went and the only reason he is still here is because there in no one else. He'll be gone by Wednesday and good riddance, he's been a major part of the whole problem.

Disappointed, he missed a great opportunity to go for it, it being a cup game. The team make up was too cautious and we still lost. We can't keep clean sheets so we need to score at least 2 goals to win.

In spite of what he said there were to many square pegs in round holes not least Johansson, never a left back, Maybury never a right midfielder. I'm not convinced about hume as an out and out Striker. Neither Hughes or Joey got forward enough for me.

Disappointed, he missed a great opportunity to go for it, it being a cup game. The team make up was too cautious and we still lost. We can't keep clean sheets so we need to score at least 2 goals to win.

In spite of what he said there were to many square pegs in round holes not least Johansson, never a left back, Maybury never a right midfielder. I'm not convinced about hume as an out and out Striker. Neither Hughes or Joey got forward enough for me.

None of that matters DavieG, some of the FT massive think he is great so let's not get hung up on those facts you rightly point out.

Talk about a whimper DavieG. The bloke gets one chance to put his name up in lights and comes up with that. If he now disappears into obscurity it will serve him right. Either you lap up the atmosphere of the main stage and feed off its energy or you just have your passing moment and get forgotten.

Give the man a break ffs.

...and that's not intended for Cat Burger, who I know is only joking.

Why? Two shots on target. a piss-poor display. Us fans aren't getting a break. I can't speak for others but all I ask for is some proper attacking commitment and a team full of attack-minded players. I've seen enough of what the alternative has done for us already and I don't want to see any more under Kelly thanks.

I see Levein was quoted as saying he might have done some things different if he had his time at Leicester again. Don't watch this space. He had enough suggestions over a bloody long time.

I feel sorry for Kelly if we are all ready on his case. The guy needed to win yeah, name up in lights and all that, but to be honest i think what he does at QPR will be far and away more important. He is on a game by game deal at the moment so knows the pressure is on,

please lets just get behind the team. Its the team that need us, even if you think some of the players may not be worthy of the shirt, they wear it we can't control that. We can will them on though until we get someone in charge that will do the right things and either make the players worthy of the shirt or ship them out.

As has been pointed out, this was a cup game and a good chance to play a bit of enterprising, attacking football without worrying about the consequences should we have lost the game.

I'll be happy when we have a manager who will play players in their strongest positions - it really isn't rocket science is it?

It's immaterial because I'm not being touted as the next Leicester manager.

But just so that you have something to argue with.. I'd have played a left back at left back. Probably Sheehan. Wide on the right, I'd have played Hammond or Hume.

It's not immaterial as you are saying he should of done it differently.

But just so that you have something to argue with.

There you go again, what is your f*ucking problem?? I'm asking you a question.

It's not immaterial as you are saying he should of done it differently.

Yes it is immaterial.

If it's not immaterial, you have no right to criticise the performance of a player unless you could do a better job, which is frankly ridiculous. None of us would have the right to an opinion and almost all pundits would be out of a job.

Do you see?

Apparently Kelly said on RL that "He'd done his best with what was available"That phrase sends shivers down my spine because it's the ready made excuse for whoever comes in now.Yesterday was total deja vu;same players,same performance,same result.God we are in the shit.

kelly was part of the levein regime so i wouldnt put to much stock into yesterdays cup game , leveins influence will linger with his remaining staff.

what we need is a guy who is going to come in and shake things up and do things his way. it will probably take a few games to weed out those players that cant adapt though so the next few weeks are going to be interesting.

at least we have a chance though , brighton and crewe are sticking with their managers so arent going to do radically diferent to what they have done all season and millwalls new manager factor is now wearing off so hopefully , if the new man is a decent manager we can still finish above those three.

Archived