Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

LCFC V Leeds

Hendo 6 (poor kicking again)

Nissa 7

Kisnorbo 7.5

Paddy Mac - Can't really rate, but never a sending off.

Stearman 8

Tiatto 7

Hughes 7

Joey 7

Maybury 8.5*

Fryatt 7

Hume 8

In the end, battled really well and deservec to win, Leeds were crap!

Hendo 6 (poor kicking ,nothing else to do)

Nissa 7

Kisnorbo 7.75

Paddy Mac - didnt warrant a red card - a yellow and a pen maybe but not red.

Stearman 7.5

Tiatto 7.5 (good to see him back and he battled hard and won alot)

Hughes 6.5 (drifted in and out of the game, unlucky with a shot that missed by not alot)

Joey 7

Maybury 8.5 (MOTM - kept on going and battling. best performance of the season from him)

Fryatt 7 - not his best game didnt have many chances with the ball.

Hume 8 - fantastic again, worked his socks off, well taken goal and could have won it near the end but v.unlucky it was on his left foot.

leeds were poor why are they 3rd / 4th? even a few leeds fans i walked by up welford road were saying how we were murdering them in the 2nd half.

Hendo - 6

His kicking was poor and he was not assertive enough when coming out for balls. But saying that, his shot stopping was fine (well of the shots they had).

Nissa 8

A solid defensive performance i thought. He even ventured up the pitch on a mazy run on one occasion :D

Kisnorbo 8

Solid also, especially in the air.

does a great covering job of Nissa for long balls too. His dropping off paid off twice.

Paddy Mac 5

Of his 9 minutes of involvement he failed to head an easy ball. Wasn't a sending off, but he played himself into a lot of trouble

Stearman 7

Felt a bit at times, espeically with balls in the air, that he was getting pushed about and outmuscled through his lack of experience. But he's solid on the ground and lets the opposition know they've been tackled!

Tiatto 7

I liked his performance today. He didn't get much chance at left mid, but he was solid at the back and when he did get forward, he didn't lose the ball and kept it flowing. Kept Gary Kelly on his toes.

Hughes 8.5

I thought he was superb today. Ran from box to box for 90 minutes, covering on the left and shown some nice touches and touch tackles when needed. If only that left foot rocket at the end had gone in!

Joey 8

A good defenseive job in midfield I thought. We needed him on occasions. He even ran it out of trouble and won invaluable breathing time with free kicks that he really had no right to win. Even performed a bit of showboating. Did nearly get robbed a couple of times though, he got lucky with those.

Maybury 8.5

Another great game from him. Got back and forward all game.

Fryatt 7

Some clever running and impressive closing down meant that he kept their defenders on their toes. His hard work created two half chances for him. Chances that you'd expect hard to come by with 10 men.

Hume 9

He was my man of the match. Great poaching for the first goal. Tireless closing down and nice hold up play when bringing the ball down. He got his head up too and ran at them. Superb.

O'Grady 7

He did a good job at the end. Gave them helluva trouble :)

Henderson - 6 - kicking was poor, although got a bit better in the 2nd half. Nice throw out at one stage.

Stearman - 8 - played with a lot of class and often inventive

Kisnorbo 8 - The Rock. Distribution pretty good today and marshalled the defence well in absence of Paddy Mac

MacCarthy - 3- Silly bloody penalty to give away

Nisse - 6 - Looked tired in the second half

Maybury 8 - Did really well. Committed, ran his bollox off, and showed some real quality in both passing and positional play.

Hughes 7 - Some nice touches. Creative and unlucky not to score

Joey 7 - Some great work, some really silly phases. Corners were dire today.

Tiatto 8 - Slotted straight in. Great defensively, too.

Fryatt 6 - Chased a lot, but never caught anything

Hume 9 - Must have been the Leeds' defence's worst nightmare come true.

Subs

Williams - 6 - Did show his passing skills but didn't really dominate

O'Grady - 7 - Some brilliant hold-up play. Unlucky not to get a penalty but at least twice too keen on his party tricks.

Hendo 6 (poor kicking again)

Nissa 7

Kisnorbo 7.5

Paddy Mac - Can't really rate, but never a sending off.

Stearman 8

Tiatto 7

Hughes 7

Joey 7

Maybury 8.5*

Fryatt 7

Hume 8

In the end, battled really well and deservec to win, Leeds were crap!

To all those hear who slagged me off for suggesting Tiatto to be in the side...a big F*** off to ya!

Well played city, great determined performance.

That ref needs shooting point blank in the head!

Henderson - 6 - kicking was poor, although got a bit better in the 2nd half. Nice throw out at one stage.

Kisnorbo 8 - The Rock. Distribution pretty good today and marshalled the defence well in absence of Paddy Mac

Maybury 8 - Did really well. Committed, ran his bollox off, and showed some real quality in both passing and positional play.

Subs

O'Grady - 7 - Some brilliant hold-up play. Unlucky not to get a penalty but at least twice too keen on his party tricks.

Good analasis..i agree :thumbup:

Subs

I'll go with that, saves me typing it out! :thumbup: Oh and 10/10 for the crowd :D

To all those hear who slagged me off for suggesting Tiatto to be in the side...a big F*** off to ya!

Oh, please. Tiatto hasn't put in a performance like that for over a year, if anyone was questioning his place in the team before the match their concerns would have been more than warranted.

Let's hope he continues this vein of good form.

Oh, please. Tiatto hasn't put in a performance like that for over a year, if anyone was questioning his place in the team before the match their concerns would have been more than warranted.

Let's hope he continues this vein of good form.

Probably cause he has not played every game over a year, could be the reason

Hendo 6.5 Solid, but kicking was bloody awful

Stearman 8 Top notch game, although was outmuscled once or twice in the air, also gives another dimension going forward

Kisnorbo 8 Thought he was awful playing midfield but hes been a revalation at CB- leadership skills starting to show

Paddy Mac 5 Never a sending off but should never have allowed the player goal side of him

Nisse 6 Not really ever first to the ball

Maybury 8 Ran his little socks off and provided some attacking threat

Hughes 7 Drifted in and out of the game at times but really rallied in the second half- starting to show signs of last season

Joey 7 Poor distribution at times but a generally whole-hearted solid performance

Tiatto 8 Mature and disciplined performance, added the extra bite and leadership to the midfield. Good distribution and vision.

Fryatt 6.5 Not really his kind of game but his partnership with Hume is really gelling

Hume 9 Easily MOTM today, skillful, quick and with that Paul Dickov pest tendancy to boot, while Levin left him on the bench so often I'll never know

Williams 7 Excellent half-hour, added some extra creativity as Tiatto tired, also not afraid to get stuck in like he has been in the past

O'Grady 7 Caused a lot of problems amongst their defence, and held the ball up well to give our defenders a break, over did it on occasions but had a stone-wall peno turned down because he was too inexperienced to fall to the floor! lol

Rob Kelly: 9 Spot on tactically and for motivation, between him and Mike Stowell they played this one to a tee

Henderson - His kicking is atrocious, didn't really have much to do except when he tipped the ball away from the Leeds striker on about 70 minutes - 6

Stearman - Brilliant, worked back and tackled wonderfully - 8

Kisnorbo - Absolutely immense at the heart of defense. Man of the match - 10

McCarthy - Not going to give him a rating. All i can say is that he should have dealt with the bouncing ball better. Unlucky to be sent off though

Johansson - Hasn't got a right foot, made a few mistakes, but generally decent - 7

Maybury - Played well, even when he was shifted to left-back - 8

Hughes - Great work rate, looks like his fitness is improving - 8

Gudjohnson - What a player. Gutted that he's leaving. He worked so hard today and was brilliant - 9

Tiatto - Best i've seen him play in a long time, pleasantly suprised me - 8

Fryatt - Nice touches and good link up play with Hume - 8

Hume - Great performance from Humey today, wonderful finish and his work rate was astonishing. - 9

--------------------

Some of the above ratings would have been a point or two less, but due to the whole team's amazing work ethic and determination i've raised their ratings.

Well played City!! We were unlucky not to win. I hope Leeds don't go up, they're crap!

henderson 6

stearman 7

mccarthy -

kisnorbo 8

johansson 8

tiatto 7

joey 7

hughes 6

maybury 8

hume 9 *

fryatt 6

o grady 7

williams 5

how encouraging to see kelly keep 2 strikers on the pitch when we went down to 10 when most sides would have brought a midfielder on

Hendo 6 - Poor kicking, 1 cruical tip away sums up his performance.

Stearman 8 - Excellent in everything he done, the RB is his 'til the end of the season IMO

Nej - 7 played well at CB, always put safety first.

McCarthy N/A not on the pitch long enough.

Kisnorbo - 8 The guy is class at centre back.

Maybury - 8 never stopped an all action performance.

Tiatto - 7 played very well after along injury lay off, got well stuck in.

Gudjonsson - 7 Drove the team with some powerful runs.

Hughes - 7 worked hard, some class touches

Fryatt - 7 chased a hell of a lot, didn't have many clear chances.

Hume - 9 CLASS. a goal, never stopped chasing gave everything he had in him

Williams - 6 nothing special but did ok.

O'Grady - 7 strong running, good hold up play.

Henderson 6 - Kicking let him down badly, always seemed to kick the opposite side to where the men were

Stearman 8.5 - Excellent throughout the whole game but monumental during the first half. What a player.

Johansson 7.5 - Superb in defence too but his distribution was dodgy at times again

McCarthy N/A - Maybe a bit unlucky to be sent off so early but was a clumsy challenge for the penalty

Kisnorbo 8.5 - Hardly put a foot wrong at the back again and made some superb last ditch challenges

Maybury 8 - Won the official MOTM, is starting to become well accustomed to the right midfield role

Tiatto 7.5 - Silenced some of his critics with a solid and disciplined performance

Gudjonsson 7.5 - Who says he hasn't been putting in the effort since he agreed his move to AZ?

Hughes 9 - My MOTM, was superb in every aspect of his play and worked his arse off

Hume 9 - Was a close second to Hughes for MOTM, has come on in leaps and bounds under Kelly

Fryatt 7 - Seemed a little off the pace today, but still looked dangerous and went off with concussion after getting whacked

Williams 7 - Didn't put in as much effort as the others but played some high quality stuff when he had the chance

O'Grady 7 - Certainly put himself about, looks very promising and should have had a penalty at the end when he was blatently tugged back.

P.S. I have set a date for www.player-ratings.co.uk to return for the start of next season. I am currently learning the coding needed to build the new version of my site as part of my course at uni. So the plan is to build the site during the summer and test it during pre-season ready for the start of the new season. In the meantime I can strongly recommend BeightonFox's site as a place for all of your ratings.

Henderson - 6 - Wasn't troubled much so its hard to make a proper assessment. I still felt nervous when he came out to get anything... or when he hung back for too long, his timing seemed out for both and his collection of crosses again seemed shaky. He made a good (as his only?) save in the last few minutes. Mostly an ok game but at the moment I think I'd probably put Douglas back in when fit.

Stearman - 7 - Such a promising player. Not afraid to put his body on the line to get a ball and he tackled the ball out of play several times when Leeds were looking dangerous. Got out-jumped a few times for headers, which shouldn't be happening at his height. But then he also got into some great attacking positions, which was amazing really when we only had ten men, especially in the first half.

McCarthy - NA - Not on long enough to rate. Penalty was an annoying one to concede but the kind of one that is always likely to happen with Paddy who gets a bit overexcited sometimes... thought he was unfortunate (to say the least) to walk for it though and we'll certainly miss him in the next couple of games.

Kisnorbo - 8.5 - A rock at the back, showing a surprising amount of skill that he never showed when in the middle (which I found puzzling), his passing could still do with some work though. Showed a cool head that was certainly needed when down to ten men and it's probably a fight between him and Hume for MOTM (Hume just edging it).

Johansson - 8 - Not sure how he was doing at left-back as he wasn't there for long but when moved to centre-back I thought he was superb. If Kisnorbo was a rock at the back then Johansson was a mountain, hardly anything got past him (the reason I marked Kisnorbo slightly higher as he seemed to get to everything and be everywhere were as Johansson’s lack of pace let him down sometimes). It was the same against Spurs and while I wasn't that impressed with him at centre-back at the start of the season his last two games there have really been impressive.

Maybury - 6.5 - good game from Maybury, especially after changing positions a few times, although I still would like to see him push forward more when playing as a winger, sometimes he seems more eager to do that when playing at fullback. He had a couple of good attacking moments (a few good crosses into the box) but his best achievements in the match came when he was defending. Not sure how he got the MOTM award as I thought there were others more deserving but I suppose they didn't like to give it to Hume two games in a row.

Gudjonsson - 7.5 - I'm not sure what we’re going to do when he's gone. I know Weso can be a good replacement but Joey’s assists especially are going to be missed by the team and I'm not sure something like that can be piled onto the shoulders of a young player. Joey had a good game, he's had more exceptional games over the season (usually playing a more advanced role) but he was consistent against Leeds and was as committed and useful as always. A few good through balls, some nice harrying in midfield and slotting in on the gaps in the wings when various defenders where juggling their roles. Seemed to get better as the game went on, towards the end he was immense at keeping the ball up there and giving it to the strikers. He also seemed to be the only player to deliver a consistently good ball into the box. I'd say he's sailing toward the Player of the Season award, it's a shame that the curse has kicked in early and we already know he won't be here next year.

Hughes - 7 - In the last few games Hughes has shown that he's not afraid to get stuck in or chase people all over the pitch which is probably why he gets picked over Williams so much. He was in there all the time winning headers, playing good simple balls, pressuring Leeds players, helping out in defence. I know he has class which he's not been able to show much this season, for various reasons, but in the last few weeks he's shown that he's not just a flair player, he has another side to his game and as he gets fitter he can only get better.

Tiatto - 7.5 - A pleasantly surprising 60 or so minutes from Danny, I can't remember him giving away one free kick (although he probably did), he didn’t get booked, and he was strangely disciplined in his positioning on the pitch. Perhaps that is something to do with playing left-back for some of the match, or perhaps he's still feeling in injury so was being a bit more cautious, or perhaps the captain's armband was weighing him down in other games.... or perhaps (and hopefully) he's learned the error of his ways. When I heard he was in the starting line-up I worried, but seeing him play against Leeds I'd say keep him in for the Ipswich game. He's never been one of my favourite players but I thought he had a good game and deserves to keep his place. I particularly liked his shot in the first half, and his wing-play in the second when he was fooling their fullback.

Fryatt - 7 - Solid performance. Had to feel for him when he was left as the lone-striker for long period of the match but played the role well. His partnership with Hume is growing into an exciting one, sometimes his efforts aren't as obvious as Hume's but he pulls off his job just as well and it able to play in about the same role (think of the Wolves match, that constant chasing) if asked.

Hume - 9 - MOTM. Aw, what is there not to love about Humey? He's always had it in him - we've glimpses of it in previous games, but sometimes he just seemed to be running up blind alleys, but in the last few games it has really come together for him. Took the goal well and was so happy to score it. For the rest of the match he was all over the pitch - seemed to be playing as a full back and winger as well as a striker after we went down to ten men. One minute he was tackling back, the next he was winning headers and holding the ball up. It's so great to have an exciting centre-forward again that gives 100% all over the pitch, now I just hope we can keep him...

Subs:

Williams - 6.5 - Mildly impressed by Williams's appearance, he seemed to have a lot more enthusiasm than in most of his starts, I assume he was eager to impress. That said after the first 15 minutes or so he did seem to drift out of it a bit. I think he's a quality player, and apparently a nice guy, so I'd love for him to get back into the starting line-up here but I just don’t think this is his kind of game we're playing at the moment. I could see him leaving in the summer, which would be a shame.

O'Grady - 7 - Looks a good prospect and its a shame we're in the position we're in at the moment as I can't see him getting a start in the team so we can look at him properly until next season. That said his brief cameos have all been strong, I can see why he played on the wing a few times for his loan clubs as he seemed to like to keep hold of the ball and then run with it...no crosses came out of that though so I don’t know whether he thinks that’s a bad part of his game or whether he'd just been instructed to hold onto the ball. His heading ability certainly made a change when he came on, Hume is all right in that area but Chris is certainly better and I got the feeling that the Leeds defenders were suddenly a bit thrown by it. Should have had a penalty/free kick in the final minutes. All in all a good appearance. Keepy-uppies in the penalty area though, a few minutes from time? Too scary Chris!

Henderson - 6

A Rab-esque performance with his kicking. Despite being down to 10 men, he wasn't really overly exerted.

Stearman - 7

Dealt with the threat of Lewis well.

McCarthy - N/A

I think Hulse went down a little too easily as neither player was fouling more than the other. A nice cliched summary of six of one, half a dozen of another. Even so, Stearman was covering, so a red card was totally unnecessarily.

Kisnorbo - 9

Excellent again. Seems to be in the right position at the right time for headers, clearances and interceptions.

Johansson - 8

Him and Kisnorbo ensured Leeds didn't even create one clear-cut chance in front of goal. Didn't always win the aerial duel with Hulse, but was fautless in every other area in terms of defending.

Tiatto - 8

Showed unusual calmness and composure in his play. Defended very well as he closed down players early without comitting needless fouls. Also demonstrated good anticipation in challenging for the ball.

Maybury - 7

Good on the right again and covered plenty of ground. Didn't let himself down when reverted to leftback late on.

Hughes - 7

Used the ball well and worked very hard throughout. Seemed to be the player designated to check the runs of Miller from midfield in the first half, but was able to get forward more in the second half as we had the better of the game for long periods.

Gudjonsson - 7

An improvement on Tuesday with regards to his passing. Really got stuck in and tried to restrict any of their midfielders time on the ball within his proximity.

Hume - 8

Ran his socks off and again showed some great touches when in posession of the ball. Good composure and shot for the goal.

Fryatt - 6

Not as good as he has been, but that was largely down to a lack of support.

Subs:

O'Grady - 7

Lively, strong and quick when he came on. Should have been awared a penalty when Cranie dragged him down by the shirt in the area.

Williams - 6

Distribution was a bit wayward, but he attempted to get about and make up the ground in midfield. Still looks a bit uninterested in some phases of play.

Henderson 6 - His kicking was an embarassment, but other than that he dealt with things well when called upon. He also made a vital punch near the end that only Rab could dream about. Never known us to have 2 goalie's who can't get the ball air borne though, freaky.

Stearman 8 - Played out of his skin, as did all the remaining defenders once Paddy was harshly sent off. I feared Lewis might get the better of him, but Stearman showed him who was boss several times and some of his tackles on Leeds players were fantastic. Ball then player to boot, superb!

McCarthy N/A - Feel sorry for the lad, certainly showing all the traits Walshie had. Was never a sending off, Stearman was evidently the last man and the fact the ref was 40 yards away and tried to send Kisnorbo off first shows that he's a penis of the first degree.

Kisnorbo 9 - I feel ashamed at the abuse I gave this lad earlier in the season, a completely different player now and he's enjoying his football now. Some of his tackles and clearances were brilliant and at times his composure and ability shone through naturally. There was one point in the match where he was under pressure and instead of hoofing it out, he kept his nerve and side stepped the opposition and played an excellent pass through to the midfield. Very, very impressed with him.

Nissa 8 - Another player who is looking completely different. His distribution was spot on and he dealt with everything Leeds threw at him. Have no problem what so ever of him continuing at left back for the foreseable future.

Maybury 8 - Looking confident and sharp. We all know how talented he is and in the past 2 or 3 games he's been excellent. Not sure whether he deserved man of the match but his all round display in several positions proved how crucial he is for us when on form.

Gudjonsson 7 - The good, the bad, the ugly. Made some excellent tackles and some brilliant passes. He also made some terrible passes and some stupid challenges, but that's Gudjonsson for you. Must be horrible to play against, upset he's leaving.

Hughes 7 - Decent display, nothing remarkably special but still ran his socks off. He's getting better and better and I think he'll be class for us next season if he continues to stay injury free. Really thought he'd scored with that left foot shot in the second half, great technique.

Tiatto 8 - What's gone on here? He was disciplined, yet tenacious and horrible to play against. Got forward well and his passing was much more positive, more of the same please.

Fryatt 7.5 - Not his sort of game once the sending off took place. What I mean by that was chances were at a premium and although he ran his absolute heart out and held the ball up well he wasn't able to really trouble the Leeds defence as much as he usually does. Still looked hungry and confident.

Hume 9* - Frightening display, Leeds couldn't handle him. Really finding his feet now and has got to be classed as one of the best players in the league on his day. Almost impossible to pick up at times and i'm just waiting for him to score a 30 yarder, he did it time and time again at Tranmere and once he gets one I think a string of other rippers will follow. Might not be an out and out scorer but he's ticking over nicely in the socring charts.

Subs:

O'Grady 7 - Really changed the game in the last 15 mins and was unfairly not given a penalty. Showed his brute strength and pace well, very impressed.

Williams 7 - Looked lively and played some decent tight passes in the closing stages. Decent left foot shot aswell that Sullivan saved pretty easily but even so it was a good crack.

Overall, the work rate and determination in the team was better than i've ever seen it.

Archived