Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Best All-time Premiership Manager

Best Premiership Manager  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Showdown

• Arsene Wenger
    • Alex Ferguson

Can't we choose out of all 20 :(

I was going to put Jose in, but I wanted a straight fight between the two most influential (and successful) Premiership managers.

Jose's only been around for a season and a bit, remember, and despite his instant success, he's been bankrolled by the gurning one.

I was going to put "Other" in, but we'd have Martin O'Neill on 98%, which wasn't quite what I was asking! ;)

Alex Ferguson, Alot of people hate him, I wouldn't say I like him but certainly don't hate him.

Arsene Wenger however is a person I do hate. Especially his anti-english (anti-most players who don't come from France) policy.

Barr a few players he wouldn't ever need to take over being manager of France because he is basically managing the French squad playing in the Premiership. I have nothing against France, its not my favorite country but I have nothing inparticular I don't like about France, its just the fact if your playing in a English league atleast play some english players.

A prime example which made me laugh in the week, Real Madrid v Arsenal...Who had the most English players? Real Madrid.

Alex Ferguson, Alot of people hate him, I wouldn't say I like him but certainly don't hate him.

Arsene Wenger however is a person I do hate. Especially his anti-english (anti-most players who don't come from France) policy.

Barr a few players he wouldn't ever need to take over being manager of France because he is basically managing the French squad playing in the Premiership. I have nothing against France, its not my favorite country but I have nothing inparticular I don't like about France, its just the fact if your playing in a English league atleast play some english players.

A prime example which made me laugh in the week, Real Madrid v Arsenal...Who had the most English players? Real Madrid.

If you have a look at how many of Arsenal's first team squad are French, you'll find he clearly isn't anti-all-players-who-don't-come-from-France.

How can you use that as a criticism? You must therefore criticise any English manager who signs predominately players who can speak English.

Wenger's record speaks for itself. He has often been more confined in terms of what he can spend than his counterparts and so often comes up with the goods.

How can you use that as a criticism? You must therefore criticise any English manager who signs predominately players who can speak English.

Wenger's record speaks for itself. He has often been more confined in terms of what he can spend than his counterparts and so often comes up with the goods.

Well if wenger wants to bring in loads of french/ french speaking players why doesnt he go to the french leagues?

And then we might have a chance of developing a bit more english quality in the premier league.

What would the problem with that be? If it was in an English league. My main problem with Wenger is your lucky to get 1 maybe 2 English players in an Arsenal team/subs, If he wants to manage (and this goes to Benitez or any manager who manages in England) atleast play some English players, I don't expect every team in England to play a team full of English players but Arsene Wenger takes the piss.

What would the problem with that be? If it was in an English league. My main problem with Wenger is your lucky to get 1 maybe 2 English players in an Arsenal team/subs, If he wants to manage (and this goes to Benitez or any manager who manages in England) atleast play some English players, I don't expect every team in England to play a team full of English players but Arsene Wenger takes the piss.

He has no duty to play English players. His duty is to deliver good results for him employers Arsenal FC. If he thinks that his way of going about things is the best way to achieve that, then so be it.

He has correctly identified that although top whack English players are often worth the money, the real bargains are usually to be found abroad. If you want any proof of that, look at the money which Spurs have spent over the last few years on English talent and until this season, have had relatively little to show for it.

He has no duty to play English players. His duty is to deliver good results for him employers Arsenal FC. If he thinks that his way of going about things is the best way to achieve that, then so be it.

He has correctly identified that although top whack English players are often worth the money, the real bargains are usually to be found abroad. If you want any proof of that, look at the money which Spurs have spent over the last few years on English talent and until this season, have had relatively little to show for it.

He's certainly delivering the goods at the minute ;)

It's always going to be the case that if a foreign manager takes over a football club (in any country), and then proceeds to buy a large number of players from his 'home' country - the natives of the team he manages will express their disappointment and frustration, especially if they don't deliver the goods.

When Louis Van Gaal was manager of Barcelona, he was criticised for buying a load of Dutchman. The same argument applies with Wenger - especially if they don't win anything, which may begin to happen at Arsenal now.

For once, i agree with you on this.

Archived