Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Brevett

As Rufus is only on a months loan, does anyone else agree with me that this means we might actually be seeing Alan Sheehan in a Leicester first team shirt, or is it just coincidence that Sheehan will be fit again when its time for Brevett to return to Plymouth?

As Rufus is only on a months loan, does anyone else agree with me that this means we might actually be seeing Alan Sheehan in a Leicester first team shirt, or is it just coincidence that Sheehan will be fit again when its time for Brevett to return to Plymouth?

More than a coincidence, the only reason Brevitt is with us, I believe. Surely that's why Sheehan has just signed a new contract and is saying nice things about LCFC, I'd be shocked if RK has not already spoken to Sheehan and said when you're fit you're on the bench/in the team.

He needs to be given a good run so that he's got a little experience ready for next season.

But what purpose will it have served to have waited all through a lousy season just to use the guy in a few matches that don't matter. This season has been a waste for Sheehan and has certainly not realised his asset value. Despite us playing so badly - and especially at left back - Sheehan failed to win a place and that can hardly have lifted his confidence.

But what purpose will it have served to have waited all through a lousy season just to use the guy in a few matches that don't matter. This season has been a waste for Sheehan and has certainly not realised his asset value. Despite us playing so badly - and especially at left back - Sheehan failed to win a place and that can hardly have lifted his confidence.

We've now got a new manager though and with that everyone gets a new start. He's got to take his chance. I believe that Sheehan is the best crosser of the ball at the football club. He's got good awareness going forwards and offers more than any other player we have from set pieces.

On the plus side if he had played the whole season and been fantastic we might have sold him in the summer. This way he will have an impact in a season where we have a chance of achieving something.

There's not alot Kelly could have done about that though could he considering he wasn't manager then? Since Kelly has been manager Sheehan has been injured other than for the Southampton game. We don't know what Kelly's thoughts are on Sheehan, he might well have him lined up for a starting place at left back, your gripes were with the previous regime so I still think it will be good for both player and club if he plays the last few games of the season when he's fit.

Given the contracts handed out to several young players, and the general lack of funds for transfers, the board and Kelly are hopefully saying that it's a clean slate for Sheehan et al. There'll be more dead wood leaving in the summer as so there'll hopefully be starting places in the first 16 up for grabs come August.

Given the obvious financial benefits to the club of pushing through a good few younger players, and the fantastic opportunity that presents itself to Dodds, Sheehan, Gradel, Porter and others, surely this is a win-win situation for LCFC?

I've not seen any of the young players coming through, but it would be a fantastic way to rekindle interest from the flagging City support if we really saw a new generation forcing their way through over the next 12 months.

We've now got a new manager though and with that everyone gets a new start. He's got to take his chance. I believe that Sheehan is the best crosser of the ball at the football club. He's got good awareness going forwards and offers more than any other player we have from set pieces.

I agree with you however, call me cynical if you like, but with the manager coming from Blackburn and Nils coming from Blackburn, you can be sure that Nils will remain our preferred left-back. He's been selected most of this season however well or badly he's played.

I know you love Sheehan, however playing a guy who's been injured for the past couple of months isn't gonna help him or us really ! :whistle:

I agree with you however, call me cynical if you like, but with the manager coming from Blackburn and Nils coming from Blackburn, you can be sure that Nils will remain our preferred left-back. He's been selected most of this season however well or badly he's played.

You're cynical. :thumbup:

I think that's a bit of an over-simplification. If you think about our recent injury/suspension situation - who did we have to play at LB if Nissa was out? Sheehan was injured. Maybury is woeful at LB. Tiatto was injured, tho upon his return he had a spell at LB - and now he's out injured again. The other options are pretty rough - our other left sided players are mostly attackers (Smith, Welsh, Tiatto to some extent).

And anyway, if you recall, Kelly was an academy coach at Blackburn - so perhaps he has a preference for younger players instead. We know one thing for sure about Kelly - he's very reluctant to change a side that wins a game, so maybe Nils will remain because we continue to win games. Maybe Sheehan will be eased into the role - bring him on for the last 20 minutes of games, a bit like O'Grady's spell as a second half sub.

It's hard to say one way or another if Sheehan will get a good run of games at left back. He will feature, though.

I know you love Sheehan, however playing a guy who's been injured for the past couple of months isn't gonna help him or us really ! :whistle:

I cannot see where I suggested that. I think I was the one who broke the news about Sheehan being injured.

Furthermore Nils is playing quite well now at left back.

It was earlier in the season when Leicester and Nils were awful that I campaigned for Sheehan to be in the team.

Kelly, I am sure, had some input into the selection process then and, now he is in charge, I remain convinced that he will continue to favour Nils. That is my opinion.

I didn't say anything about a) Nils playing anything but well or reasonably well under Kelly and therefore deserving to be dropped or b) Anything about playing an injured Sheehan.

I did say that, if Sheehan recovers from his groin injury before the end of the season, there will be little to be gained from playing him in first team matches that don't matter.

Come on Thracian you should be giving it. :):D:D:banana::banana::banana::banana: :w00t: :w00t: :laugh: :laugh: ;):thumbup:

I cannot see where I suggested that. I think I was the one who broke the news about Sheehan being injured.

Furthermore Nils is playing quite well now at left back.

It was earlier in the season when Leicester and Nils were awful that I campaigned for Sheehan to be in the team.

Kelly, I am sure, had some input into the selection process then and, now he is in charge, I remain convinced that he will continue to favour Nils. That is my opinion.

I didn't say anything about a) Nils playing anything but well or reasonably well under Kelly and therefore deserving to be dropped or b) Anything about playing an injured Sheehan.

I did say that, if Sheehan recovers from his groin injury before the end of the season, there will be little to be gained from playing him in first team matches that don't matter.

I was being sarcastic Thrac !

I don't think that playing Sheehan when fit til the end of the season will do any harm, it would benefit him as a player playing against regular first team line ups, and some of the teams we play will be playing for points to either gain a playoff spot or avoid relegation, so he could have a big part to play to get him prepared a tad batter for next season.

I was being sarcastic Thrac !

I don't think that playing Sheehan when fit til the end of the season will do any harm, it would benefit him as a player playing against regular first team line ups, and some of the teams we play will be playing for points to either gain a playoff spot or avoid relegation, so he could have a big part to play to get him prepared a tad batter for next season.

It will be interesting to see if he can impress ALL the managers we're supposed to be having next season. What with Dave Penney, Mike Newell, Gary McAllister, Kelly on his two year contract, Graydon helping out in the stands, and Stowell as Kelly's right hand man we hadn't ought to lose many!!! :):):)

Archived