Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

I Smell Coffee

I remember pre-season, i was shocked with many members on this board predicting us to finish 10th at best. I just couldn't understand it, I predicted play offs at least and secretly expected auto promotion. Now it seems 10th would be a huge achievement for us and would be 'out of this world' considering the shite we've been in recently.

Next season, I'm not gonna have any expectations but obviously we shouldn't get relegated. I think the main problem with this season was there were to many people like me that that applied pressure on a squad which never really had a chance becasue of the ineffective manager and the change of playing personal every few weeks.

Hopefully next season we can carry on playing with the confidence and mentality that RK has recently brought to the squad. I've woke up and smelt the coffee and realise that this may take a few seasons stuck in the championship.

Some of those prediction threads.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...wtopic=8694&hl=

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...wtopic=8894&hl=

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...wtopic=9198&hl=

I remember pre-season, i was shocked with many members on this board predicting us to finish 10th at best. I just couldn't understand it, I predicted play offs at least and secretly expected auto promotion. Now it seems 10th would be a huge achievement for us and would be 'out of this world' considering the shite we've been in recently.

Next season, I'm not gonna have any expectations but obviously we shouldn't get relegated. I think the main problem with this season was there were to many people like me that that applied pressure on a squad which never really had a chance becasue of the ineffective manager and the change of playing personal every few weeks.

Hopefully next season we can carry on playing with the confidence and mentality that RK has recently brought to the squad. I've woke up and smelt the coffee and realise that this may take a few seasons stuck in the championship.

Very honest of you to admit that you were wrong but I suppose many of us were including myself. I agree a top 10 position next season would be a major achievement but my heart still has dreams of promotion...if i don't stop drinking so much and stop losing brain cells it may take over my brain aswell and i will be on this site talking up promotion!!!!

I still think it's far too early to make predictions about what this club will do next season. Playing staff wise if we don't have to sell too many players we have got more than a good enough squad for atleast a top half finish and if the manager is as good as he appears to be then that could push us on even more and punch above our weight.

We are in a league that is getting increasingly more difficult to get out of without either alot of money or a miracle. I do think we've found the battling qualities needed though over the course of the season so if we improve our squad in the summer and Rob Kelly keeps up the effect he's having on the players then we'll do alright that's for sure.

I still think it's far too early to make predictions about what this club will do next season. Playing staff wise if we don't have to sell too many players we have got more than a good enough squad for atleast a top half finish and if the manager is as good as he appears to be then that could push us on even more and punch above our weight.

We are in a league that is getting increasingly more difficult to get out of without either alot of money or a miracle. I do think we've found the battling qualities needed though over the course of the season so if we improve our squad in the summer and Rob Kelly keeps up the effect he's having on the players then we'll do alright that's for sure.

I know what you mean about difficult. lets say that the bottom 3 get relegated and top 3 go up. That would mean a very strong championship:

Sunderland

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Southampton

norwich

Ipswich

preston

Wolves

Crystal Palace

Watford

All these teams will all be expecting to be pushing for promotion, and I can see Portsmoth completely owning the divison next season. You've then got the teams coming up, Eastwood and the goat shouldn't be taken lightly for Southend. Martin Allen will have Brentford organised and trundle will have something to prove for Swansea.

I know what you mean about difficult. lets say that the bottom 3 get relegated and top 3 go up. That would mean a very strong championship:

Sunderland

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Southampton

norwich

Ipswich

preston

Wolves

Crystal Palace

Watford

All these teams will all be expecting to be pushing for promotion, and I can see Portsmoth completely owning the divison next season. You've then got the teams coming up, Eastwood and the goat shouldn't be taken lightly for Southend. Martin Allen will have Brentford organised and trundle will have something to prove for Swansea.

Plus you've got the likes of Cardiff who have surprised alot of people this season and there are always one or two other teams that over-achieve each season. It's going to be tough, but football always is. We've just been lucky that we've managed to get out of this league more times than most of the teams in this league, let's hope it continues.

Sunderland

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Southampton

norwich

Ipswich

preston

Wolves

Crystal Palace

Watford

I was about to say something about needing to increase our weight rather than just aiming to punch above it, but looking at that list, there are some clubs with plenty of weight already. That said, look at Soton this season - relegated clubs can certainly struggle.

I was about to say something about needing to increase our weight rather than just aiming to punch above it, but looking at that list, there are some clubs with plenty of weight already. That said, look at Soton this season - relegated clubs can certainly struggle.

We will be more than capable of beating these teams i am not worried.

Plus you've got the likes of Cardiff who have surprised alot of people this season and there are always one or two other teams that over-achieve each season. It's going to be tough, but football always is. We've just been lucky that we've managed to get out of this league more times than most of the teams in this league, let's hope it continues.

A settled side, team spirit and organisation go a long way. If Kelly uses that formula but improves the personnel in key areas then his big challenge will be keeping everyone focused because familiarity can also breed contempt. One thing he's right about for sure though is not worrying about what others do but focusing on your own performance.

Some of those prediction threads.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...wtopic=8694&hl=

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...wtopic=8894&hl=

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...wtopic=9198&hl=

Admire your honesty Stan but I am not sure I agree with your conclusions. It's interesting to explore the motivations of those who expected a modest mid table finish AT THE START OF THE SEASON.

You may recall that when Adams was hounded out it was going to be a piece of piss for Latrino to get LCFC autoprom LAST SEASON. A handful of far sighted City fans pointed out not only was this most unlikely to happen but that LCFC might face a relegation battle instead.

Of course when all these things came to pass the Latrino's started to move the goalposts of expectations. First of all there had to be a clear out of Micky's deadwood before we could get a play-off spot. Interesting excuse this because post after Latrino post had us believe that Adams had to leave because he couldn't manage 'class' (their words not mine) players.

When the influx of SPL rejects failed to reverse our fortunes the Latrino's moved the goalposts of expectations again saying that we had to wait until the dour one had cleared up 'Adams mess' and lower the average age of the squad before we could get a play-off spot.

We were then told by these gullible twats that Latrino had to 'stabilise' the club (a mid table finish I presume). This was a most interesting goalpst shift. It conveniently ignored the fact that we were in the top half of the table anyway when Adams left. It also overlooked a shocking stat: that our away form had completely collapsed.

In a feeble attempt to cover their pimply arses Latrino's pussies then insisted that his hoofmeisters were playing some 'good stuff'. The point is that this was a deliberate lie as we were not only failing to convert chances we were failing to create them in the first place. They knew the game was up as long as a year ago when we had our first flirt with relegation in what should have been our 'stabilising/play-off/autoprom (delete where appropriate)' season.

So in the summer they started to revise long term expectations but the hypocritical bastards were not prepared to revise their opinion of Latrino and admit they were wrong. Anyone who reminded them of the success that Adams had brought to the club in near impossible circumstances was slagged off.

And anyone who reminded the Latrino's that they had started the hounding-out campaign against Adams after only the FOURTH game of the season (unbefookinlievable) but they were still standing by a coach who had delivered NOTHING but dour, over cautious mediocrity after THIRTY matches had his threads closed down.

In a final cynical goalpost shift the Latrino's this season stoically reconciled themselves to LCFC losing its proud record of never having played outside the top two divisions since admittance to the league (no doubt looking forward to 'familiarising themselves' with ramshackle stadia - guess whose chestnut that was). I just wonder how far they would have taken their absurd 'aint bothered' farce - to the point of bankruptcy?

Even now, when a completely untried and untested man dramatically reverses our fortunes and, in so doing, demonstrates that our form under Latrino was a mess completely of his own making AND NO ONE ELSE'S, yes, even now, Latrino's bum chums, love children and camp followers still cannot admit THEY GOT IT WRONG.

Stan, there is no problem in having high expectations for next season. The portents look good, we've got a man in the saddle who looks like he can hack it because he's hacking it now. In his first eight games we have had three consecutive wins and amassed 17 points. In four away games we have had three wins. Latrino couldn't manage any of this in 60 games.

Just don't start calling for Kelly's head because we lose a home game around the August Bank Holiday.

Position: 11th

Player of the season: Stephen Hughes

Top goalscorer : Connolly

Carling Cup : Semi Final

FA Cup : 4th Round

I said we'd finish 11th pre season - I may still get that correct :cool::cry:

Stan, there is no problem in having high expectations for next season. The portents look good, we've got a man in the saddle who looks like he can hack it because he's hacking it now. In his first eight games we have had three consecutive wins and amassed 17 points. In four away games we have had three wins. Latrino couldn't manage any of this in 60 games.

Just don't start calling for Kelly's head because we lose a home game around the August Bank Holiday.

Well there is. This seasons about killed me at times. I'm playing Mr Cool next season :cool:

Archived