Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Reserves v Spurs Tonight

Tuomas Haapala (born April 20, 1979 in Lahti) is a Finnish footballer who currently plays for Manchester City F.C. in the English Premiership.

Haapala, a defensive midfielder, has previously played for FC Lahti (2000–2003) and MyPa (2004–2005) in the Finnish Veikkausliiga. He won the Finnish Cup with MyPa in 2004, and captained the club to the Finnish championship in 2005. After an excellent 2005 season, Haapala was invited for a trial with City. After two weeks at the club, manager Stuart Pearce decided to offer him a contract to the end of the 2005–2006 season.

Haapala played his first game for the Finnish national team on October 12, 2005 against Estonia.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuomas_Haapala"

so, a defensive midfielder hey, replacement for joey G????

"Manchester City completed the signing of the Finnish midfielder Tuomas Haapala until the end of the season in December 2005.

The 26-year-old accepted a six-month contract offer from City after impressing during a two-week trial spell with the club"

He's 26!!

Kelly must be on the look out for replacements for Gudjonsson, very wise!

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~805201,00.html

Douglas is named in the team. We have 2 trialists playing, James Walker from Charlton is playing again and Tuomas Haapala from Man City is also lining up for us.

No Chambers again though :(

Anyone know anything about the other trialist? James Walker from Charlton?

God I thought it was the actual first team, I was reading the Mercury tonight and it said Fixtures: Leicester City vs. Tottenham.. I was trying to find 'reserves' or 'women' or something lol... but now I know its the reserves ;)

Anyone know anything about the other trialist? James Walker from Charlton?

Youth international who's not being retained by Charlton after this season and is therefore out on trial. He was previously trialing at Luton. It's a bit cruel but watching him tonight made you appreciate just how classy Ashley Chambers is - or Spurs' Lee Barnard.

Anyway Walker certainly looked a trier. Too much so perhaps in the first half when he held onto the ball too much when he had colleagues available.

He linked up better in the second half but his ball control was off. He had three chances and missed them all through failing to shoot quicklyt before the opportunities disappeared. Didn't look potentially Championship class to me but it was only his second game for us.

I had Levi Porter down as City's man of the match.

Youth international who's not being retained by Charlton after this season and is therefore out on trial. He was previously trialing at Luton. It's a bit cruel but watching him tonight made you appreciate just how classy Ashley Chambers is - or Spurs' Lee Barnard.

Anyway Walker certainly looked a trier. Too much so perhaps in the first half when he held onto the ball too much when he had colleagues available.

He linked up better in the second half but his ball control was off. He had three chances and missed them all through failing to shoot quicklyt before the opportunities disappeared. Didn't look potentially Championship class to me but it was only his second game for us.

I had Levi Porter down as City's man of the match.

Sadly for Walker that is how he played last week. :(:huh::unsure:

Thrac, what did you think of Gradel last night? Some of his tricks were Ronaldinho-esque. There's something about him, I think he could have what it takes but perhaps not just yet.

Ronaldinho-esque? :blink: Be nice to see a player like that coming through!

Anyone got any videos? I want to see for myself..

Thrac, what did you think of Gradel last night? Some of his tricks were Ronaldinho-esque. There's something about him, I think he could have what it takes but perhaps not just yet.

I am surprised at all the praise heaped on Gradel last night.

He was substituted in the second half after he got booked on the hour for arguing about a perfectly correct offside decision. This seemed to affect his concentration and he honestly didn't do a thing right after that.

He is a positive player and is definitely a goalscoring threat because he does get himself in the box and he will have a shot.

For me though he is a bit lightweight and finds it hard to shield the ball and stay clear of a close-marking defender.

In beating men he appears skillful enough and willing enough but I'm not sure he isn't something of a one trick pony (Christian Ronaldo type step-overs that need fine tuning).

He had a goodish first half last night, and one great chance to volley City into the lead. A prospect, definitely, but I'd reserve judgement on saying more than that.

Archived