Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Reserves v Spurs Tonight

Haapala given Leicester run-out

Finnish international Tuomas Haapala looks to be on his way out at Manchester City after he was allowed to play for Leicester reserves on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old midfielder had been offered a six-month deal at Eastlands but has failed to make an impact in the first team.

He is unlikely to travel with the squad to Chelsea on Saturday, despite City having 10 players unavailable.

He was listed as a trialist as the Foxes' reserves lost 2-0 to Tottenham.

source bbc football

any news on him?

Just saw that now.

Here's the link to the article if anyone wants it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4832772.stm

Edit: Here's a little bit of info from the lovely Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuomas_Haapala

Also:

Manchester City completed the signing of the Finnish midfielder Tuomas Haapala until the end of the season in December 2005.

The 26-year-old accepted a six-month contract offer from City after impressing during a two-week trial spell with the club.

"He's accepted that offer so he will be with us this week," Stuart Pearce told the club's official website.

"He impressed us in training. He's got a lot of hard work to do to break into the side but has been offered a contract until the end of the season.

"In that time he has the opportunity to impress within a small squad. If he takes that opportunity by the scruff of the neck and does well then we can get back and tell him that we want him to stay with us.

"He has a lot of hard work to do, but it is like with Yasser (Hussein) - Yasser had an opportunity to be with us, he did extremely well but wasn't good enough to break through.

"We feel that we have lost nothing by giving him that opportunity, and the same can be said of Tuomas.

"He's been away back home for quite a while, but he will be in there pretty soon without a doubt. In fact, I don't think we can put him in until January 1st."

From http://www.carling.com/football/manchester...as-haapala.html

' date='Mar 22 2006, 04:07 PM' post='292238']

Just saw that now.

Here's the link to the article if anyone wants it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4832772.stm

Edit: Here's a little bit of info from the lovely Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuomas_Haapala

i have detailed all this on the first page of the thread :blink: do people not read the threads.

he sounds like a decent player anyway, i'm suprised we've got him here to be honest looking at his stats and the fact that he was offered deals by some italian sides.

Heylow, anybody know if this Haapala chappies any good?

Haapala given Leicester run-out

Finnish international Tuomas Haapala looks to be on his way out at Manchester City after he was allowed to play for Leicester reserves on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old midfielder had been offered a six-month deal at Eastlands but has failed to make an impact in the first team.

He is unlikely to travel with the squad to Chelsea on Saturday, despite City having 10 players unavailable.

He was listed as a trialist as the Foxes' reserves lost 2-0 to Tottenham.

Sorry if this has already been posted.. :blush:

Defensive midfielder I believe - can't be that good else Tharacian would have mentioned him earlier today, when talking bout the game.

He didn't make any great impact. He kept his head up well and seemed to be a reasonably accurate passer and reader of the game but I would not say he was the sort of all-action midfielder much favoured at Leicester not did he seem to have the creative range of a Williams type midfielder.

I thought he was overshadowed on the day by Levi Porter. Levi is small and skillful with a great engine. He used to be a winger but has been moved into midfield over recent months and after looking lost there now seems to be making an impact.

If he can make himself strong enough he may have a future there. His range of passing is good, he sees what is on, has the ability to beat men and to shoot. Needs to work on his final ball, his consistency and one or two other aspects.

i have detailed all this on the first page of the thread :blink: do people not read the threads.

he sounds like a decent player anyway, i'm suprised we've got him here to be honest looking at his stats and the fact that he was offered deals by some italian sides.

My post was originally made in a different thread, which was then merged with this one.

So no, I didn't read this thread because I wasn't posting in this thread, I was replying to someone else who asked about the player in a different thread.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~805970,00.html

Looks like he could be joining us on loan.

There's an implication that he could be a temporary replacement for Hughes? If Hughes is carrying a ongoing knock which requires surgery, they might give it another couple of games until we're 100% safe - then get that sorted asap so he (SH) can have a proper pre-season this time round?

There's an implication that he could be a temporary replacement for Hughes? If Hughes is carrying a ongoing knock which requires surgery, they might give it another couple of games until we're 100% safe - then get that sorted asap so he (SH) can have a proper pre-season this time round?

Like your thinking :thumbup:

That sounds about right, Hughes definately looks a shadow of his former self this season and he needs to get his ankle sorted. He had requent ankle injuries whilst at Rangers aswell.

As Thracian said though, Levi Porter has really impressed in the reserves recently both in the centre and on the wing. Gradel might have made the headlines with all his goals, but Porter is getting more influential in every game he plays and alot stronger on the ball, the pace and skill has always been there aswell. I'd have no qualms about giving Porter a go if need be.

Archived