Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 26/09/2026 at 18:24, UniFox21 said:

I'm thinking of starting these, how are you finding them?

They're fantastic so far. Really easy to read and gripping, I'm not usually that big on mafia stories but this is done in a really great way. I know the 3rd book especially I a big favourite of many scifi/fantasy book channels on YouTube so looking forward to that one.

 

Can't decide if I'll do the Expanse or Mistborn after this trilogy, but seeing some on here praise the Expanse makes me lean towards that. 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 20/09/2026 at 22:32, Guest said:

Enjoyed Neuromancer by William Gibson, enough to buy the other two in the trilogy pretty much straight away. The Wager by David Grann up next for another change of pace

What did you think to The Wager? I thought it was a brilliant, absolutely flew through it.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

What did you think to The Wager? I thought it was a brilliant, absolutely flew through it.

 

 

Yeah I also really enjoyed it, thank you for asking.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Just finished Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which I had embarrassingly never read. 

 

Great fun.

The greatest book ever written... highly recommend the next two, after that not so much.

  • Like 1
Posted
45 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The greatest book ever written... highly recommend the next two, after that not so much.

Nice one, I'll give the next one a go. From the title it sounds like it follows straight on from the first.

Posted

Tunisgrad: Victory in Africa. Progressing slowly through this book and really enjoying it. Apparently more than 250,000 Axis troops surrendered, more than at Stalingrad. The invasion of North Africa took place two years before D-Day, yet few of us know anything about it. Already come across weird stuff, like British troops dressing in American uniforms so as not to upset French Vichy troops. Strange how there is so much yet to find out about WW2.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...