Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Good News or Bad News

Have your say!  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Good News
    • Bad News
    • Don't Care

The Leeds game was his best in a long while, and yes, he did hold his position well, but please don't detract from the fact that he had to do so. We were playing with 10 men for most of the game.

This shows to me that Tiatto is more than capable of doing what he is told, but the fact that he usually doesn't is the key thing. Is this really the kind of attitude you need from a player?

He was not just 'holding it up well', he was actually attacking, going forward (something i dont see Johansson do very often) and looked confortable on the ball and hey...no rash challenges.

I dont think it's just the fact he's had a shocking season, he's an old man now as well. There was a time when Tiatto was enthuastic and quite a good football player as well. That time has passed. He's passing abilty has dipped dramatically, and he looks less and less comfortable on the ball every time I see him play. The stupid challanges seem to be increasing. Paying him to continue playing for this football club is stupid.

I still think Rob Kelly will more then likely offer him a new deal though, I just hope his wages are severly slashed.

His age is the major factor that counts against him IMO. He's almost 33 and although experience needed, he's getting a bit too old and does not fit in with our policy of younger hungry players with good potential. If he is offered a new contract it should not be for more than a year. If we get him on a year contract hopefully when he plays he will play his best fighting for a new contract. Get an old player on a long contract and you could create a problem for yourself.

His age is the major factor that counts against him IMO. He's almost 33 and although experience needed, he's getting a bit too old and does not fit in with our policy of younger hungry players with good potential. If he is offered a new contract it should not be for more than a year. If we get him on a year contract hopefully when he plays he will play his best fighting for a new contract. Get an old player on a long contract and you could create a problem for yourself.

He simply doesn't fit the declared blueprint for a City player.

Let's move forward and move on.

He simply doesn't fit the declared blueprint for a City player.

Let's move forward and move on.

Which blueprint is this?

I wouldn't think of Tiatto as as good as gone if I were you. It wouldnt suprise me one bit if he does gets a new deal.

At the beginning of this season he was quoted as saying this would be his last in England and he was going back to Aussieland, I suspect with his injury plagued season no one 'back home' wants him.

I also suspect that he and his agent ares being a bit econimical with the truth re 'other clubs being interested', yes so they might be but my guess would be it's for tuppence a week, well a damn sight less than he could expect to get at Leicester even with the new salary structure.

He's therefore realised that his best option, money wise is to squeeze another contrct out of us, I bet he's not even bothered if he doesn't play again.

My guess is that the "other clubs" may be A-League clubs down under.

I guess it depends on exactly how unattractive a proposition we are for talented Championship (and beyond) midfielders over the summer. We are understocked in the midfield department if we're serious about getting a top-6 place next season.

My feeling would be to keep him for one more season only if we cannot find anyone else half-decent. I'm with davieG in that I question his motives for wanting to staying with us. Reading didn't need a card-crazy nutter in midfield to get them up, and neither did we three seasons ago. Well, Muzzy got about 30 bookings, but he was just a crap tackler, not a loon like Tiatto.

Its probably a load of bollocks/come and get me/talk my wage up-type waffle.

He was not just 'holding it up well', he was actually attacking, going forward (something i dont see Johansson do very often) and looked confortable on the ball and hey...no rash challenges.

This is my point; when he has to be disciplined, he can be. So why doesn't he do this when the pressure's off, so's to speak? I find it disappointing, don't you?

I dont want him to sign a new contract, but at least he wants to keep playing in our team.

Maybe some of Rob Kelly's new spirit is rubbing off on some of the older players, maybe they can see that the future is bright, the future is blue!

I dont want him to sign a new contract, but at least he wants to keep playing in our team.

Maybe some of Rob Kelly's new spirit is rubbing off on some of the older players, maybe they can see that the future is bright, the future is blue!

Or, as Davie says, no bugger else wants him?

Me thinks its the latter, footballers are always doing that (with the help of their agents) in saying that they are buggering off, then no one shows an interest then its 'I love Leicester' all over again. A reality check is needed I think!

If he gets a new deal it will likely be Kelly's first thing that has pissed the fans off, it's hard to remember that feeling but it used to happen alot!

The only 'other' club I can think that are interested are Coventry and I just hope that Adams taps him up and even if Kelly wants to keep him he does the dirty on us and goes to join the other shower down the road.

He is utterly hopeless, a perfect example of a headless chicken. He has little or no positional sense, can't pass, can only foul and he's plug ugly.

Australia only got good after he retired from the international scene.

Blimey, I agree with BartonFox! :thumbup:

Yeah i agree.

He aint getting any younger, but old shoulders may be vital with the young side we have.

This is my point; when he has to be disciplined, he can be. So why doesn't he do this when the pressure's off, so's to speak? I find it disappointing, don't you?

Yeah its frustrating, i think its a case of the old 'red mist'. :smile:

Yeah and when we played Leeds he was a different player so who knows?

Yes Danny T was awesome against Leeds - however he only played for an hour.

He is a good enough player but red/yellow cards and injuries -we can do without-

can we replace him with someone more consistent - Rob K knows best

Archived