Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Breen In

I know we can't defend / attack corners, even with 4 centrebacks in the team but,

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Gerrbrand

Johansson

McCaully ?

Breen ?

how many Centrebacks do we need?

i think we should go for a good youth policy / no more high wage past it ex stars just wanting to boost the retirement fund / the young lads are doing great and will get better

the futures bright with this brood

On a free.......why not? Experience is what we need at the back.

Yes but when he's had his final payday with us we're still in the same boat as our longer term prospects will still have no experience having not been able to get in the team.

To get experience you need to play.

So every player we sign has to be below the age of 30 now?

I'd take him if needed him but we have enough centre backs. If he's wages are low enough then fine but I think he will struggle to get in the team and may be a bit of a waste of time.

I don't see it as a bad move. Think the squad is lacking some defensive experience. Dont think he will play much and may be involved in coaching somewhere. Our young defenders have a lot of potential maybe Rob thinks they need some more guidance.

Or if it's true we are considering signing Breen, we well maybe getting rid of one or two CB's ? :cry:

I can't see us replacing any of our current centre backs for him, IMO yes he does add experience but there are other positions that need strengthening.

I can't see us replacing any of our current centre backs for him, IMO yes he does add experience but there are other positions that need strengthening.

Agred.

I would'nt change our center backs to make way for breen, but we've got a new boss and he may see it different to me and you, who knows?(that's if the story's true, that is).

Having said that i would be happy if Kelly goes with those changes if he felt it right,and i am only saying this because RK desearves his chance after what he's done for the club.

So every player we sign has to be below the age of 30 now?

I'd take him if needed him but we have enough centre backs. If he's wages are low enough then fine but I think he will struggle to get in the team and may be a bit of a waste of time.

Suits me. I don't see many 30+ footballers on the way up and I'm not very keen on anyone that's on the way down. Especially with the likely cost (if they're any good) and the greater injury risks.

Can't see it happening myself.

The two Paddies have done enough to suggest that barring injuries and suspensions, they'll be the first choice centrebacks next season.

Breen'll also be on a fair whack at Sunderland and would presumably want a similar deal to move here.

I think there are better options with what little money we have to spend.

NO NO NO, why bring in an overrated has been center half when we have Nils, Paddy's K & Mac, Gerrbrand AND Stearman as centerbacks already, waste of money, get a left back or a winger for the same amount

Perhaps Gerrbrand is unhappy not getting a look in. He wasn;t even on the bench today, was there a reason for that?

he was on the bench, it consisted of him, tiatto, o'grady, sylla and douglas

Archived