Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc66

Ideas for Players for 2006/7 HERE -

Ipswich have given a trial to Republic of Ireland international midfielder Colin Healy.

As skysports.com revealed last week, Healy has caught the eye of new Ipswich manager Jim Magilton and will now play a part in Town's pre-season friendly with Boston on Saturday week.

The 26-year-old is available on a free transfer after leaving Livingston following the club's relegation from The SPL last season.

"Colin's agent has been contacting clubs about his availability and we have decided to have a look at him," said Magilton.

"He's training with us and I'll give him 45 minutes at Boston. He's had a few injury problems but he has a decent pedigree and we want to give him a chance to show what he can do."

Healy started his career with Celtic before moving on to Sunderland, where he twice suffered a broken leg, restricting him to just 20 appearances for the Stadium of Light club.

Ipswich have given a trial to Republic of Ireland international midfielder Colin Healy.

As skysports.com revealed last week, Healy has caught the eye of new Ipswich manager Jim Magilton and will now play a part in Town's pre-season friendly with Boston on Saturday week.

The 26-year-old is available on a free transfer after leaving Livingston following the club's relegation from The SPL last season.

"Colin's agent has been contacting clubs about his availability and we have decided to have a look at him," said Magilton.

"He's training with us and I'll give him 45 minutes at Boston. He's had a few injury problems but he has a decent pedigree and we want to give him a chance to show what he can do."

Healy started his career with Celtic before moving on to Sunderland, where he twice suffered a broken leg, restricting him to just 20 appearances for the Stadium of Light club.

Sign of desperation!

Brighton wingers release clauses

Leeds United are close to signing Brighton & Hove Albion winger Sebastien Carole on a free transfer.

Last season's beaten Championship play-off finalists have triggered a clause in Carole's contract which allows him to move for nothing.

Following Brighton's relegation to League One, the South Coast club are powerless to prevent the Frenchman leaving on a free.

Though he has 12 months remaining on his Withdean contract, he now seems likely to sign a two or three-year deal with The Whites.

Brighton boss Mark McGhee is disappointed with Carole's decision to join Leeds - against whom he scored at Elland Road last season.

"I am very disappointed," McGhee told The Argus. "We gave Seb the opportunity to come here and be part of the team.

"Regardless of that clause the decent thing for him to do would have been to stay, at least at the start of the season."

Seagulls chairman Dick Knight insists the clause had to be inserted into Carole's contract to ensure the exciting wide man moved to The Withdean Stadium from Monaco in the first place.

Knight said: "If that clause hadn't gone in then Seb's wages over the two years would have been higher and the signing-on fee would have been more, so it was a no-brainer.

"If we'd had to buy him on the open market he would have cost around £350,000.

"We fought hard to keep him, but the agent has persuaded Seb to go."

Carole's compatriot Alex Frutos has a similar clause in his Brighton contract, but Knight is hoping he can persuade the midfielder to sign a revised deal.

He added: "I'm in the process of making a new offer to Alex. We want to keep him and I'm reasonably confident."

Not strictly about transfer rumours but do you taste the irony in Mark McGhee's comment about Sebastien Carole..."Regardless of that clause, the decent thing for him to do would have been to stay, at least at the start of the season". What as opposed to walking out on your contract in the middle of the season...Mark look up integrity in the dictionary...it's 'marked out'!

I would love to get Mike Pollitt, but I really doubt he will leave Wigan its not like he's not been involved this year. When I saw Nick Montgomery I was very impressed easily the best Utd player on the day, I'm not sure he would come here; in fact I think thees been some mention of Celtic interest.

I think Kabba or Horsefield would be a good back up striker and neither, particularly Goeff, are going to be goopd enough/wanted in the Prem.

Horsefield is a has been, but i think Lee Trundle from Swansea, or Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on a free ???

Left wing? Errr... yeah?

My student house in Birmingham is 15 minutes walk from Villa Park and everyone near there is a Villa fan who i chat to.

They all really rate the lad. Think he has bags of potential.

So maybe he's worth the investment...

Archived