Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc66

Ideas for Players for 2006/7 HERE -

Marc Bircham - Transfer Listed

well we need a midfielder, what about him, from what ive seen hes a quality player, and apparantly QPR are transfer listing him. unless we have no money whatsoever, seems a decent option........

discuss..

Atten. Lcfc66

Edited by davieG to make as a sticky for ALL signing ideas, thoughts and suggestions ( clean ones only ;) )

well we need a midfielder, what about him, from what ive seen hes a quality player, and apparantly QPR are transfer listing him. unless we have no money whatsoever, seems a decent option........

discuss..

mouthy little nob head , everybody hates him

id take him :thumbup:

Oh, don't even think about it.

If he isn't rated by QPR why should ANYONE think he could do a job for us?

He's an irritating D****s W**e wannabe whom we should steer well clear of!

Couple of players I've been impressed with in the past few months that are worth a look.

Madjid Bougherra - Defender - Crewe.

Paul Anderson - Winger - Liverpool. He's from Leicester too so a season long loan will do nicely.

Marvin Williams - Winger/Striker - Millwall

Aaron Davies - Striker - Yeovil.

Couple of players I've been impressed with in the past few months that are worth a look.

Good call there , but the local rag here says Sheff Utd and Wendy both want him.

Marvin Williams looks a very good talent might be able to snap him up cheapish.

Bircham would be a quality signing I think , him and Weso in the middle would be orgasmic. He would bring that bit of attitude to the team aswell.

Daniel Sturridge from Man City would be worth a seasons long loan aswell , what I've seen from him has impressed me.

Kenny Lunt - classy midfielder from Crewe, available on a free.

Steve Kabba - I think he's alright for this league but not so good that Fryatt or Hume have to be dropped for him. Warnock will undoubtedly sign strikers so should be out of favour.

Seb Carole - Brighton. We could do with a right winger and he looked okay when i saw him, shouldn't cost too much.

Paul Smith - Southampton keeper. Only if it's a fairly nominal fee, but i'd prefer him to Rab and Hendo, and he's not been playing even though their Polish keeper has been injured.

I think that really we should be looking at players in league one who have performed well over the season for their teams that havent been promoted. Micheal McIncoe at Doncaster, or Billy Sharp at Scunny. Both good players and probably wouldnt be too expensive.

I think that really we should be looking at players in league one who have performed well over the season for their teams that havent been promoted. Micheal McIncoe at Doncaster, or Billy Sharp at Scunny. Both good players and probably wouldnt be too expensive.

McIndoe has been on loan at the sheep and has'nt pulled many trees up :ph34r:

I've mentioned him before on other topics but I still am gunning for Kazim-Richards!

Other players that could be useful;

Sean Thornton - Doncaster (Good performer in the midfield)

Dean McDonald - Ipswich (Think he has been released)

Mike Pollitt or Ben Alnwick - Wigan/Sunderland (Has all the experience and some quality/Bags of potential, has shown brilliance in patches)

Freddy Eastwood - Southend (Derby want him, love it if we could snatch him from them)

Nick Montgomery - Sheff Utd (Won some personal awards with them this season, won't be good enough for prem though)

I agree with the people who are saying Marvin Williams of Millwall, quality player.

Mike Pollitt or Ben Alnwick - Wigan/Sunderland (Has all the experience and some quality/Bags of potential, has shown brilliance in patches)

Nick Montgomery - Sheff Utd (Won some personal awards with them this season, won't be good enough for prem though)

I would love to get Mike Pollitt, but I really doubt he will leave Wigan its not like he's not been involved this year. When I saw Nick Montgomery I was very impressed easily the best Utd player on the day, I'm not sure he would come here; in fact I think thees been some mention of Celtic interest.

I think Kabba or Horsefield would be a good back up striker and neither, particularly Goeff, are going to be goopd enough/wanted in the Prem.

Yeah he seems to come up a fair amount. From what I've heard sounds like a good investment, but would he come?

Mate he's playing for Brighton at the Withdean in front of 6,000 people week in week out, Leicester have a much better history than Brighton, a bigger stadium, will pay more wages and will have a more realistic chance of playing top flight football.

I could see him ditching Brighton for us.

This obviously depends on our finances, so I'll go with the players who are rumoured to be on frees or who I think we could afford.

Centre Back. Gareth McAuley - on a free, just what we're looking for

Centre Back/Right Back. Sam Sodje a quick, strong, athletic defender. Southampton are after him, and we could try for him should Brentford stay in League 1.

Left Back. Sito Castro - on a free, solid left back, Ipswich fans like him

Left Wing. Alex Frutos - Would be relitively cheap, young and has definate quality

Right Wing. Seb Carole - As above

Attack Mid. Kenny Lunt - would be a fantastic signing imo, is still only 26 I think, and would be the linch-pin of our midfield should we sign him. I see him as a Jason Koumas type player. On a free so I've heard would be perfect.

Striker. Rory Fallon - A target man who scores goals, its what we miss up front at the moment and he would give us an extra option. Swansea may look to offload a few players if they don't get promoted and he shouldn't be more than 350k imo, would be a great buy, still only 23.

So thats 3 quality players on a free, and 4 who I should imagine the total price wouldn't be more than 1m.

They would transform our team into a play-off outfit for sure. The question is, does Kelly have the same ideas when it comes to transfers? And can we generate the funds? Out of the 4 we'd have to pay a fee for, the two wingers and Fallon are the priority.

Paul Anderson - Winger - Liverpool. He's from Leicester too so a season long loan will do nicely.

Aaron Davies - Striker - Yeovil.

He used to go out with my cousins girlfriend! :thumbup:

We had a laugh in the pub about how she went from potential footballing-sensation to a sparky! lol;)

i cant believe he isnt with us then, unless liverpool poached him off us when he was? what a player he could of been.

We should nick him for sure mate.

They were ranting and raving about him in the Melton Times, where he comes from, and coinsidently my cousins girlfriend :)

Archived