Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc66

Ideas for Players for 2006/7 HERE -

we should try and get ryan smith back at city. even if its on loan. he looked sharp at times last year. perhaps a bit inconsistant though. could be worth adding to the squad though. we should go for bradley wright phillips as well

no he had his chance showed he wasn't intrested couldn't take his head out of his own ar5e I'm surprised he managed to get his head through the door on the way out!!!

For next season we could do with a couple of players:

Goalkeeper - Stuart Taylor @ Aston Villa. Loaned him before and he was brilliant.

Left Back - Tony Capaldi @ Plymouth. I like him. Saw him at Walkers and he did a good job.

Midfielder - Marc Bircham @ QPR. I saw him at Walkers he scored a good goal. A hard tackler just the job.

:D

taylor - cannot kick a ball to save his life. good keeper though

capaldi - a left back from plymouth? now theres a bright idea we havent used in a long time

bircham - good player, stupid hair.

no he had his chance showed he wasn't intrested couldn't take his head out of his own ar5e I'm surprised he managed to get his head through the door on the way out!!!

Totally agreed he thought he was too good for us,i remember the game away against brighton when kelly brought him on then took him off,he was ill aparently but he did piss all when he came didnt track back or anything :o

Totally agreed he thought he was too good for us,i remember the game away against brighton when kelly brought him on then took him off,he was ill aparently but he did piss all when he came didnt track back or anything :o

he didnt do that in any game he played. the best things he did were coming on vs derby, scoring a flukey header vs sheff utd and trying to get the crowd going with his fancy skills.

he didnt do that in any game he played. the best things he did were coming on vs derby, scoring a flukey header vs sheff utd and trying to get the crowd going with his fancy skills.

The fancy skills that still couldnt get him past some defenders :ermm: ,the derby game wasnt that his debut?Lucky start,apart from that complete shite :smile:

taylor - cannot kick a ball to save his life. good keeper though

capaldi - a left back from plymouth? now theres a bright idea we havent used in a long time

bircham - good player, stupid hair.

Capaldi is a awesome left back to be fair, one which we prolly wont be able to afford. Compareing him to Gilbert is criminal.

Capaldi is a awesome left back to be fair, one which we prolly wont be able to afford. Compareing him to Gilbert is criminal.

The story goes that he was the one we thought we were getting for our £200,000, that's why we were so keen and they were so relunctant.

Sack the Scout :P

How about David Jones from Man United? The lad now pictured below in my signature as Joey's replacement. Was on loan at Preston last season and very talented, got a great left foot on him. Brilliant at set pieces.

Also, for the left wing/centre midfield spot how about Jonathan Douglas from Kelly's old club Blackburn? Was on loan at Leeds last season and I can see Blakcburn releasing him soon. Blackwell wants a massive overhaul at Leeds aswell so it's unlikely they'll try and sign him again.

Jermaine Wright?

Hmmm not sure. Was a great player at this level a few years ago, but not sure what's happened to him? He has been known to score his fair share of goals over the years. We could do alot worse that Jermaine I suppose. But the fact he's had about 5 clubs in 3 years doesn't bode well does it?

Edited to say, that after checking his stats he hasn't scored many goals at all. :blush:

Hmmm not sure. Was a great player at this level a few years ago, but not sure what's happened to him? He has been known to score his fair share of goals over the years. We could do alot worse that Jermaine I suppose. But the fact he's had about 5 clubs in 3 years doesn't bode well does it?

Just thought he bossed us for Southampton on the last day of the season. Although our central midfield that day was Tiatto and Williams, a partnership that could make Boris Johnson look like a footballing genius.

How about David Jones from Man United? The lad now pictured below in my signature as Joey's replacement. Was on loan at Preston last season and very talented, got a great left foot on him. Brilliant at set pieces.

Also, for the left wing/centre midfield spot how about Jonathan Douglas from Kelly's old club Blackburn? Was on loan at Leeds last season and I can see Blakcburn releasing him soon. Blackwell wants a massive overhaul at Leeds aswell so it's unlikely they'll try and sign him again.

Very good player, I remember watching Preston last season at Ipswich when they won 4-0, he was instrumental in the middle of the park. He finished last season with some Dutch club, I think I read they wanted to keep him for next season as he was that good.

Burnley have just signed Alan Mahon from Wigan, he would have been perfect for us. He scored alot of goals for Wigan in the season they got promoted, still only 28 aswell.

He would have been ideal, I agree. However, he's been playing for Lancashire clubs for a long time now (Blackburn, Wigan, now Burnley having previously been on loan there - disregarding a loan spell at Ipswich I think?). Perhaps he wanted to stay in the area. The fact is that we are no longer a much more attractive prospect than Burnley. Any player that thinks they can do better is more likely to go to one of the relegated clubs or someone like Wolves.

He would have been ideal, I agree. However, he's been playing for Lancashire clubs for a long time now (Blackburn, Wigan, now Burnley having previously been on loan there - disregarding a loan spell at Ipswich I think?). Perhaps he wanted to stay in the area. The fact is that we are no longer a much more attractive prospect than Burnley. Any player that thinks they can do better is more likely to go to one of the relegated clubs or someone like Wolves.

Your quite right in what your saying, let's hope there are some midlands based players of similar ilk that are available and we could afford. That chap with a funny name from Birmingham would be ideal :D

I agree with Ric on the Jones subject, would be delighted if we got him, along with Harding and the highly rated Hammell from Motherwell. I think Stephen McPhail is out of contract? He'd be a good attacking player for us.

Its all a question of money, but are we ambitious and also an attractive prospect?

I agree with Ric on the Jones subject, would be delighted if we got him, along with Harding and the highly rated Hammell from Motherwell. I think Stephen McPhail is out of contract? He'd be a good attacking player for us.

Its all a question of money, but are we ambitious and also an attractive prospect?

I'd take a gamble on McPhail, lost his way abit when he had to leave Leeds but he has tremendous talent and he's done well at Barnsley when motivated.

I'd take a gamble on McPhail, lost his way abit when he had to leave Leeds but he has tremendous talent and he's done well at Barnsley when motivated.

I thought McPhail was a defensive midfielder.

According to my Barnsley supporting mate, he's a good talent but his workrate isn't up to much.

To be honest, I'm not sure how many games he's been to in the last 3 years though :P

I thought McPhail was a defensive midfielder.

According to my Barnsley supporting mate, he's a good talent but his workrate isn't up to much.

To be honest, I'm not sure how many games he's been to in the last 3 years though :P

He's a play maker, very creative. It was beggars belief that he left Leeds for a League One team but these things happen. I have been reading up on him and from what I gather the fans say he's been their best player in the past 6 months and is one of the main reasons they got promoted. The only downside to him is that he's completely one footed and if he was capable of using both then he'd still be in the premiership.

I'd take a chance on him, but he does sound a little similar to Williams but perhaps better?

He's a play maker, very creative. It was beggars belief that he left Leeds for a League One team but these things happen. I have been reading up on him and from what I gather the fans say he's been their best player in the past 6 months and is one of the main reasons they got promoted. The only downside to him is that he's completely one footed and if he was capable of using both then he'd still be in the premiership.

I'd take a chance on him, but he does sound a little similar to Williams but perhaps better?

I would prefer Lee Hendrie. I know it's unlikely but if Villa did want rid, I think we could do worse than get him on loan.

Personally I don't think we need Hendrie/McPhail types, we need someone who is going to get stuck in and give 100%. Hughes and Williams drift in and out of games too much already. We need someone in midfield who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and get us on the ball when we are in trouble.

Personally I don't think we need Hendrie/McPhail types, we need someone who is going to get stuck in and give 100%. Hughes and Williams drift in and out of games too much already. We need someone in midfield who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and get us on the ball when we are in trouble.

Grant McCann at Cheltenham (we were interested in him early this year) looks the part to me, I think he'd fit the bill.

Another idea - Matt Derbyshire of Blackburn? Last season he was on loan at Wrexham scoring 10 in 16 games. He did have a spell at Plymouth before that though, failing to score at all, but I know he's very highly rated so I think he'd be decent backup up front to bring in on loan. Kelly will know all about him too.

:huh:

In my opinion Hendrie is just the type of player we need as he will get stuck in so I have to disagree with you.

Archived