Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimbo32

stearman off ?

says in sunday people,that wigan are going to firm up there intrest in richard stearman,and will bid£500,000.personally even though we could do with the money i wouldnt sell not at that price wed be giving him away for that. :mad:

says in sunday people,that wigan are going to firm up there intrest in richard stearman,and will bid£500,000.personally even though we could do with the money i wouldnt sell not at that price wed be giving him away for that. :mad:

£500,000 is peanuts considering his potential and Dave Whelans stash of cash. Add 2 million pounds to that and maybe we should consider it as an option!

laugh20vig.jpg

People talking about £2M?! :ermm:

He's good and has bags of potential, but no-one is going to pay £2M for him yet (Which is a good thing for us)

I wouldn't say no if someone came in with a £2M bid and I probably would still consider it because Stearman could/will be a big player for us in years to come.

Best we could hope for at this stage is £1.5M (I think) but I wouldn't know if we should sell him or not even at that price. Quality player or Money? :unsure:

At the same time if we turned a bid down for a Prem club, would Stearman be unhappy here? He's a Leicester lad and supports Leicester but at the same time its his gateway to the Prem...He could help and try and get Leicester in the prem though...So many ways of looking at it :rolleyes::unsure:

This rumour probably isn't even ture anyway though. We're gonna have alot of these rumours this summer, We've already had 3 (Kisnorbo, Fryatt, Stearman) and the season only ended today :rolleyes:

anyone else think he is a possible future england right back? i mean gary neville cant have that long left, i think in a couple of years he will definatly be good enough

Fukin' El...Stearman AND Fryatt in a England shirt in years to come! :blink:

Mind you they'll both be at other clubs then (Even though Leicester WILL be in the premiership they won't get picked for England - Until they move onto other clubs :cry:)

Guest seanfox778

My mate who is a groundsman has said he won't be selling Hume, Fryatt, McCarthy, Hughes or Stearman.

since when does the groundsman decide who the club is selling

My mate who is a groundsman has said he won't be selling Hume, Fryatt, McCarthy, Hughes or Stearman.

Every player has a price, so never can be certain, but our understanding backs what the groundsman said in terms of intentions.

A massive bid can always change things though...

Every player has a price, so never can be certain, but our understanding backs what the groundsman said in terms of intentions.

So up yours to everyone who doubted :P

Exactly. The club have to weigh up every offer they receive in terms of finance and the clubs chances of promotion. Every player has a price if another club is willing to pay it. If we get deals like we did for Connolly you've got to consider them. Looking at Hume and Fryatt, who we bought with money from the Connolly deal, I think we did a good deal with Wigan that time.

Exactly. The club have to weigh up every offer they receive in terms of finance and the clubs chances of promotion. Every player has a price if another club is willing to pay it. If we get deals like we did for Connolly you've got to consider them. Looking at Hume and Fryatt, who we bought with money from the Connolly deal, I think we did a good deal with Wigan that time.

Best bit of business in quite a while I reckon.

stearman will never fetch 2 million.

players are not valued on their potential they are valued on what they do now, which is why akinbiyi can be sold for 1.5 mill and has 0 potential and we buy fryatt for much less who has big potential.

If stearman doesnt sign a conctract extension this summer I think he will be sold as the club wont want to lose him on a free given the current financial situation.

stearman will never fetch 2 million.

players are not valued on their potential they are valued on what they do now, which is why akinbiyi can be sold for 1.5 mill and has 0 potential and we buy fryatt for much less who has big potential.

If stearman doesnt sign a conctract extension this summer I think he will be sold as the club wont want to lose him on a free given the current financial situation.

I don't think that is true at all, these days lots of young players are purchased purely on their potential, Walcott being a prime, if extreme example. Arsenal do this a lot but most of them you don't hear about because they are not well known.

So called big clubs are continually monitoring other clubs academies and reserve sides as well as looking out for those 'breaking through' at lower league clubs in order to poach them.

As for Fryatt I would have thought £750K was a lot of money and certainly more than we've payed for most of our more experienced players.

Archived