Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Nobody being released

Good news, hopefully that's a hint we won't be selling aswell?

It would be nice to keep the squad togfether for a ling time and build a core of leicester legends liek O'Neill did.

You been on the beer mate :unsure:

Good news, hopefully that's a hint we won't be selling aswell?

It would be nice to keep the squad togfether for a ling time and build a core of leicester legends liek O'Neill did.

More accurately, a hint that he doesn't plan on selling players - but should an offer come in for one of our players, that's a different story.

It's a shame we're not planning on offloading useless players like Hamill who won't ever get a game anyway, or Sylla who contributes nothing.

Hopefully it doesn't mean there won't be any incoming players because our midfield will look incredibly thin if Tiatto follows Joey out the door.

More accurately, a hint that he doesn't plan on selling players - but should an offer come in for one of our players, that's a different story.

It's a shame we're not planning on offloading useless players like Hamill who won't ever get a game anyway, or Sylla who contributes nothing.

Hopefully it doesn't mean there won't be any incoming players because our midfield will look incredibly thin if Tiatto follows Joey out the door.

Problem is that these players are on long contracts, and the chances of someone coming in for them are low, plus releasing them will cost.

I agree, Hammil is useless, but Sylla showed some early season form, lets get behind alll the lads who at the moment aren't doing well and maybe who knows we may see a turn around, such as Kisnorbo

Am I right in thinking in that for every free transfer we get, we will have to play the player nad players agent a signing on fee?? If he gets rid of Sylla, Hamill etc, he will have to get players in to replace them and pay them signing on fees etc. Sylla, Hamill are ok squad players. If that is the case, I preseume RK is keeping the money he has a vailable on getting the few players he wants who can make a difference for the 1st team.

Fifty years a fan and I feel utterly despondent. How with such exciting tidings, does he ever hopes to get our 7,000 missing season ticket holders back - and with em the £2.5m in additional revenue that might help restore our fortunes?.

Our brave new world has suddenly been presented to us in monochrome.

Thank God for golf!

it does however say that Tiatto hasnt been given a new contract YET so in fairness he might leave

Wouldn't say no to keeping him but at the same time if he goes I won't be too disappointed.

Someone mentioned in another thread we have a squad capable of a top half finish but I thought I'd post here. We haven't. We have 6-7 players but not a squad by any means. Rob needs to add to the team to be able to turn us into a top 6 team, which means doing everything possible to get rid of our poor players off the wagebill for more funds. I don't like the fact no one out of a squad that almost seen us get relegated to League 1 isn't being released. Our better players have been guaranteed to start every game when we're winning games. Sure it makes sense, and I agreed with it until the last couple of games after we lost, and half the team were carrying injuries, Kelly still kept the same team instead of giving Fryatt or Hume a well earned rest and O'Grady a well earned start. I fear we'll see their performances start to drop again next season.

I was optimistic but with recent performances, interviews with Rob and rumours surrounding our better players, it's fading away. Prove me wrong City <_<

Fifty years a fan and I feel utterly despondent. How with such exciting tidings, does he ever hopes to get our 7,000 missing season ticket holders back - and with em the £2.5m in additional revenue that might help restore our fortunes?.

Thank God for golf!

because It would be such a great idea to make wholesale changes AGAIN!! unity, team spirit and a team that has been together longer than 5minutes is a priority imo!!! a good team spirit and players that play for each other can earn you a good few points throughout the season!! it would also be great idea to release loads of contracted players having to pay up their contracts and bonuses in full it would really help our finances!!! and our sqaud when we only just have enough first team players to fill the first 11 and the bench!!!

because It would be such a great idea to make wholesale changes AGAIN!! unity, team spirit and a team that has been together longer than 5minutes is a priority imo!!! a good team spirit and players that play for each other can earn you a good few points throughout the season!! it would also be great idea to release loads of contracted players having to pay up their contracts and bonuses in full it would really help our finances!!! and our sqaud when we only just have enough first team players to fill the first 11 and the bench!!!

I've nothing against those principles - just a pity we don't follow them with a team FULL of genuinely good players instead of a six or seven strong core and far too many ineffective no hopers and others who will never be better than ordinary.

As long as we keep Fryatt and Hume i'll be happy, if we don't then it could be another long season at the wrong end of the table, we have to keep our main players and i wouldn't want 3million for them

I think we've got to be a little realistic about our situation. As much as I think Hamill is nothing special and I think Sylla needs a rocket up his arse, getting rid of these players will only leave us with a gap in our already small squad which will need filling and is there really anyone out there that can offer us anything better that will cost us next to nothing? I'd rather keep players that have been with us for a season and have been poor than replace them with players that aren't much better but don't know the club and will cost money that could be put towards bringing in a couple of players in more important areas. I'd rather see a bit of stability at my club for the first time in years.

I know what Rob has said sounds boring but at least he's being honest with us from the start instead of promising us this, that and the other and ending up buying Peter Gilbert and loaning Elvis Hammond at the last minute. He's been realistic, sensible and honest. Some fans called for Micky Adams to leave because he wasn't realistic during pre-season (talk to me about top 2 blah blah), Taylor got the boot because he wasn't sensible with the money he was supplied and part of Levein's downfall was because he regularly made statements about signing players that either didn't happen or did but they weren't good enough. I'm not going to shoot Rob down for deciding to be honest about things instead of trying to sell us a load of bollocks.

Thank God for golf!

What Rob has said is true though. We aren't going to release any first team players because all of them are under contract other than Tiatto. It's abit of a pointless article really because what it should have been about is whether Rob is looking to offload any players and it's already been said that he might well have to. The problem Rob has like alot of teams in our situation is, it's very hard to get rid of the dross like Hamill, Sylla, Elvis and Douglas. With limited resources we cannot pay their contracts up and bounce them out of here, all we can do is hope to dear god that someone will come in for them. But Kelly can't plan his budget on the small chance that he might get rid of these crap players.

So in reality he's probably been told that he's got a very small transfer budget, that's not Kelly's fault. You surely must have been aware of this far before this article rolled in to ruin your wednesday evening? It's not nice I know, but your hope for champagne football will be even harder to achieve next season and I for one don't like the situation we are in but teams have been in worse situations than we have and achieved success.

Cheer up Thrac, weather's nice for a swift 18.

Some of us poorer mortals don't have access to LC World. Could you or someone tell me what the site says about Released (or Unreleased !) Players ?

It's not LCFC World, just the normal site splurg.

Kelly: No News Is Good News

0,,10274%7E2878392,00.jpg

Rob Kelly today confirmed that there will not be any wholesale changes at the club over the close season.

The City boss has spent the last two days meeting with his players on a one-to-one basis as he begins to prepare for the 2006-07 campaign.

And as his squad leave the Belvoir Drive training ground for a summer break, Kelly revealed that he was pretty much expecting it to be 'as we were' when the players return on July 3.

He said: "We are in a fortunate position because nearly all of our players are under contract.

"It has been well documented that Joey Gudjonsson is leaving. The only other senior player that is out of contract is Danny Tiatto and that is obviously a situation that we are looking into at the moment.

"We will not be releasing anyone, which is good news. We haven't got the biggest squad anyway, and I think that people are aware of our financial situation.

"This is a challenging and exciting time for the club. We have got a group of players that are growing and developing with the club.

"We are looking at ways to hopefully add one or two players our group. That's the way forward that a club like ours has got to go.

"I live in the real world and I am aware of the situation that the club is in. I took on the job knowing that.

"We won't be going out spending hundreds of thousands of pounds because there aren't hundreds of thousands of pounds available. We will act sensibly and build.

"We need a period of stability - while continuing to progress. That's the path that we are on at the moment.

"We have got a nucleus of people here, both on and off the pitch, that are in it together. There are people in the background who have done their bit in helping to start to turn things around. That has got to continue."

Kelly also confirmed that his players will be keeping their feet firmly on these shores during the pre-season campaign.

He added: "Our pre-season fixture list is pretty much in place now. We are going to do it slightly differently to what we have done in recent years. I don't think we are the type of club who can fly here, there and everywhere. We are what we are, and I think that has been our strength.

"We will stay on these shores and we will play teams that will get us ready for a tough 46 game Championship season. I think that is the sensible way to go."

Some of us poorer mortals don't have access to LC World. Could you or someone tell me what the site says about Released (or Unreleased !) Players ?

It doesn't say alot, the same old flannel. Nobody is being released which is stating the obvious because nobody is out of contract other than Tiatto and he's already said he wants to keep him. It's a pointless article.

What Rob has said is true though. We aren't going to release any first team players because all of them are under contract other than Tiatto. It's abit of a pointless article really because what it should have been about is whether Rob is looking to offload any players and it's already been said that he might well have to. The problem Rob has like alot of teams in our situation is, it's very hard to get rid of the dross like Hamill, Sylla, Elvis and Douglas. With limited resources we cannot pay their contracts up and bounce them out of here, all we can do is hope to dear god that someone will come in for them. But Kelly can't plan his budget on the small chance that he might get rid of these crap players.

So in reality he's probably been told that he's got a very small transfer budget, that's not Kelly's fault. You surely must have been aware of this far before this article rolled in to ruin your wednesday evening? It's not nice I know, but your hope for champagne football will be even harder to achieve next season and I for one don't like the situation we are in but teams have been in worse situations than we have and achieved success.

Cheer up Thrac, weather's nice for a swift 18.

You're right about knowing our situation...but that's rather like golf... Knowing you're more likely to score 80 than 70 doesn't stop you hoping - and that was what I nievely expected from the article, just the hint of something better to come, I suppose.

Anyway, I shall be out at Brandon Wood before noon and

just loving the sheer abandon of whacking that ball in the glorious sunshine. :thumbup:

I'm still intrigued by that post yesterday (from "my mates Dad on the groundstaff" !!) who said Carlisle were after Douglas, Sheff U after DeVries, QPR after Hammond etc etc. Might be someone's 'fantasy island', but interesting all the same ?!

Archived