Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

Are we Better than Watford and Leeds?

I'd say we have the potential to match what they have done this season by becoming serious play-off contenders next season, but we need some serious buys and if I'm honest I don't think we can attract or afford the sort of players needed to maintain the sort of consistency required over a season!

Why not?

If Watford managed it, why can't we? :ermm:

Why not?

It's an odd one. Watford have a better keeper, play ugly football and Marlon King has delivered the goals. But it must give 15 teams in the Championship hope...

Why not?

Because Watford got a massive investment, and they were never as bad off as we are now anyway. Sure we might be able to attract good players, but afford them?

It's an odd one. Watford have a better keeper, play ugly football and Marlon King has delivered the goals. But it must give 15 teams in the Championship hope...

They played ugly in the playoff final but it had to be done against a Leeds side that went into such a massive game with 1 up front. From what I've seen of them on TV, their performances vs Palace and Southampton were brilliant. Their manager has come in with new ideas and set out from the start of the season to play with 2 wingers, 2 strikers and to go for it. I somehow doubt we'll be doing that under Kelly's reign.

I've got to agree with the bulk of what is being said here - if we measure it on consistency then nope sunshine, not this season.

Get a couple of players to regularly bang in goals, seal up the defence on a consistant basis, keep the home points and rob a load away...then we're talking.

I don't think anyone could doubt that there was a seachange at the Walkers after swapping managers...I just worry about how much we'll miss Joey.

The best thing about the future though is that it is unwritten and full of promise...so if we apply that question to next season - then hell yea! We will be better than them both.

Plus, we don't have nasty men hanging around the stadium scaring my kids (unlike the dirty old men problem oop north)

_41410131_bates203.jpg

Leeds reached the Play Off Final, Watford got promoted to the Premiership.

We finished 16th.

No we are not better than Watford and Leeds.

Could not have said it any better.

Looking forward to a good year next season with more wins at home, establishing a long term manager, improving on the away form of last year and finishing around about 6th. Love to say we will be pushing for the play offs and if this happens it would be great. Just worried however about the possibility of getting to the premiership and coming straight back down again when in reality the extra year of being competitive in this very hard Championship leauge would proberbly do us much better than being a yo yo.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Leeds reached the Play Off Final, Watford got promoted to the Premiership.

We finished 16th.

No we are not better than Watford and Leeds.

Pretty much sums up my sentiments.

Rather than dwelling on last season, and focusing on the ifs and buts, shouldn't we be looking forwards?

Pretty much sums up my sentiments.

Rather than dwelling on last season, and focusing on the ifs and buts, shouldn't we be looking forwards?

:thumbup: We should. BUT im under no illusions that it's going to be a promotion winning season, it's going to be a long hard slog and Rome wasnt built in a day. Anyone who thinks we are going up as Champions are sadly deluded.

:thumbup: We should. BUT im under no illusions that it's going to be a promotion winning season, it's going to be a long hard slog and Rome wasnt built in a day. Anyone who thinks we are going up as Champions are sadly deluded.
If we finish anywhere near the play-off's, I'll be pleased.

Archived