Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
12FRYATT

Kasey Keller

He was actually waving at me, i was sitting behind you, he's gay dont you know. :whistle:

That's where you are wrong smartie pants because it was when we were walking up to the stadium, he was there with his wife so there!!!!!!!

Yep I remember listening to the commentary on Radio Leicester for that game! I was celebrating Keller's save by jumping up and down in my room, only for Derby to score from the resulting corner :mad: Mickel Beck was the scorer too (I'm pretty sure) and he'd been having a barren spell in front of goal at the time. :angry:

Anyway, Keller was class. I thought he was a great keeper and the fact that he's ousted Tim Howard and Brad Friedal to be USA no. 1 (again) is a fantastic achievement at his age.

I think Brad has retired from international football. I think before that Kasey and Brad used to alternate regularly between who was number one. I think in World Cup 2002 Brad started as first choice, but Kasey played a few games. However, Keller is brilliant definitely America's number 1.

Although when Tim Flowers came I didn't complain. :ph34r:

I think Brad has retired from international football. I think before that Kasey and Brad used to alternate regularly between who was number one. I think in World Cup 2002 Brad started as first choice, but Kasey played a few games. However, Keller is brilliant definitely America's number 1.

Although when Tim Flowers came I didn't complain. :ph34r:

Tim Flowers was the new Kevin Poole for me :wub:

He's also won three Althelete of the Year awards in America. He was also Spurs' first choice for two seasons before Paul Robinson arrived. What a man.

Has he bollocks won three athlete of the year awards. Probably won the US soccer player of the year award.

Has he bollocks won three athlete of the year awards. Probably won the US soccer player of the year award.

that needs clarifying...it's this:

Awards/Accomplishments

US Soccer Athlete of the Year 1997, 1999 and 2005 --1st male player in US history to win three Athletes of the Year awards--

Keller was one of the first American goalkeepers to become a starter in the English FA Premier League.

linkage:

http://www.sportsline.com/worldcup/blog

that needs clarifying...it's this:

Awards/Accomplishments

US Soccer Athlete of the Year 1997, 1999 and 2005 --1st male player in US history to win three Athletes of the Year awards--

Keller was one of the first American goalkeepers to become a starter in the English FA Premier League.

linkage:

http://www.sportsline.com/worldcup/blog

There we go then.

No idea why US Soccer has to have a athlete of the year.

IIRC he saved one against Derby at home one year. They scored from the corner.

Oh and heres a video of him leading anti-cologne songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiTjdEz9osI...=kasey%20keller

What a legend!!!

That's brilliant!!!

you could never get away with that in this country could you imagine Hendo grabbing a microphone and shouting "oh Nottingham... is full of shit.." and letting the crowd carry it on!!! we should have more of that imo

If it weren't for Kasey Keller, I might never have become a Leicester City fan.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of Americans who support City started supporting them because of Kasey Keller (I'm included in that group).

Archived