Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

McAuley to sign on free transfer

As I see it there are two scenarios. Either Kelly believes Kisnorbo's departure is inevitable and sees McAuley as a big, strong goalscoring replacement. In which case we'll benefit from the goals contribution and will have to hope we don't suffer defensively (which is possible because Kisnorbo has proved himself an excellent defender).

But if Kisnorbo stays and Gerrbrand goes I see the side as being categoriocally strengthened and Kelly suddenly having five more goals a season in his squad, greater all-round defensive strength and the option of playing wing backs.

So while I hope Gerrbrand is the one to leave, sadly I believe Kisnorbo will be the fund-raiser for the new season and will go, probably to Everton.

I hope I'm wrong but watching him in the Div 2 Play off semis left me totally unimpressed.I did not see the dominating powerful header we are looking for,in fact McCombe, who has just gone to Bristol City,looked more the part.A free transfer signing from Lincoln is unlikely to be the next Walshie is it?

A free transfer signing from Lincoln is unlikely to be the next Walshie is it?

And walsh came from the mighty wigan!!!??

Lets all judge for ourselves when we actually see him play in more than just one game.

I hope I'm wrong but watching him in the Div 2 Play off semis left me totally unimpressed.I did not see the dominating powerful header we are looking for,in fact McCombe, who has just gone to Bristol City,looked more the part.A free transfer signing from Lincoln is unlikely to be the next Walshie is it?

It's all a lottery, we've had ex-premier players on £20+k/week who turned out crap, I believe he only scored six goals, but hey hope springs eternal. :D

Hope it's true, from what I've heard he sounds decent enough.

If it is the case can we go 3-5-2, pleeeeease!!! :cry:

Logan

McCarthy Gerrbrand Kisnorbo 
Stearman						  Sheehan

Wesolowski
	 Williams			Hughes

Hume
				   Fryatt

Contenders. ;):thumbup:

I know we have got to back RK's judgement and I hope McAuley can strengthen the squad.But he is simply not good enough to be our first choice centre half.

We've got you saying he's shit and Lincoln Trust people reckoning he's good - I just hope we've got a manager who can tell a good player from a bad one - it's a pretty basic requirement I'd say.

Who's out is the interesting question?

Yes, it is. Especially seeing as the deal must already be tied up. To be honest it could be any one of Gerrbrand (not played enough, possibly unsettled), Kisnorbo (linked with other teams) or Johansson (played out of position, possibly unsettled)...if one of them isn't on their way out, I cannot see the merit in bringing in McAuley when more desperate positions would be central midfield, left wing, right wing, left back, striker and goalkeeper and we have limited funds to spend on wages... Personally I'd be happy with the CB pairing of McCarthy and Kisnorbo continuing next season anyway...

Logan
McCarthy Gerrbrand Kisnorbo 
Stearman						  Sheehan

Wesolowski
	 Williams			Hughes

Hume
				   Fryatt

Contenders. ;):thumbup:

Good, but the point being we have McAuley therefore we won't need Gerrbrand in there!!

I will beleive it when i see it but if it is a done deal its good that we get a player for free. He must be good in Kelly's eyes for him to have signed him so i guess we will have to wait and see.

Any player can be good or poor before they come to the club but its how they perform at Leicester which matters they most! From what i have read and heard, he would be a decent signing!

Personally I'd be happy with the CB pairing of McCarthy and Kisnorbo continuing next season anyway...

The probablem is that when either of them are out (due to injury, suspension or whatever) we have looked very short of cover.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gerrbrand or Nissa move on.

Yes, it is. Especially seeing as the deal must already be tied up. To be honest it could be any one of Gerrbrand (not played enough, possibly unsettled), Kisnorbo (linked with other teams) or Johansson (played out of position, possibly unsettled)...if one of them isn't on their way out, I cannot see the merit in bringing in McAuley when more desperate positions would be central midfield, left wing, right wing, left back, striker and goalkeeper and we have limited funds to spend on wages... Personally I'd be happy with the CB pairing of McCarthy and Kisnorbo continuing next season anyway...

Maybe the signing of McAuley is to free up Kisnorbo to play central midfield once again? :devil:

Archived