Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

LCFC Chairman Answers Trust Members on Club Finance

Good questions and good answers, but I'm still worried that a big chunk of New Fox PLC's payments to teachers only covers interest payments.

The way I read it, this says we do not own the stadium, therefore we are paying rent not interest. We have a structured rental arrangement which says we pay less in the Championship than in the Prem. We need to build a business which can support this rent, abd to suggest that we will go bust if we can't buy it isn't true any more than to say I will go bust if i can't buy a house. It is possible of course, but not any kind of foregone conclusion.

The challenge is to find a new source of lending which allows us to buy the ground. It's clear that we don't have the revenue at the moment to raise enough cash, but this doesn't mean we can't afford to rent. The Tigers option could mean we have increased revenue with which to borrow.

I have to say if I was a major shareholder with Tigers I would be kicking myself for not buying City for a knockdown £5m out of administration. The two clubs could have been managed together (commercially) the stadium been shared and funding raised to keep the stadium. No conflicting boards, job done.

It seems we must have a long lease on the Walkers, bti I hope we don't miss any payments... I'd hate for us to be kicked out and Tigers move in... :(

150% increase in rent for promtion - that has to be a bit of a kick on the financial teeth doesn't it? Seems grossly unfair.

As always with percentages (ask the low paid) it depends how much it is currently.

150% increase in rent for promtion - that has to be a bit of a kick on the financial teeth doesn't it? Seems grossly unfair.

It's actually a hire purchase payment, the debt owing on the stadium at last May was in excess of £16 million. The reduction whilst in the Champo reflects the fact we generate less income than if in the Premiership. In a perfect world we would be paying more to clear down the debt.

Archived