Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

IMPORTANT

Due to copyright law, we are not permitted to post the fixture lists which are published tomorrow on this site, please refrain from posting them should you get an urge.

Cheers very much :cool:

Quoting small extracts (particular games of note) shouldn't be a problem, surely? It's just posting the entire fixture list which is what they object to I'd have thought. :thumbup:

I believe this to be the case.

Thanking you :cool:

what a load of rubbish!!

so how do the bbc and so on put the fixtures up!!

can't we just do a pro evo on them fo example..

10Jan Lynton Town away

You could if you can be arsed :thumbup:

I imagine the BBC et al actually buy the rights to be able to post them as do ptv.

what a load of rubbish!!

so how do the bbc and so on put the fixtures up!!

can't we just do a pro evo on them fo example..

10Jan Lynton Town away

The BBC are granted the rights (either by magic, or they pay for them). And they display their given rights at the bottom of all fixtures pages - you'll see a big notice with copyright information as well as reference numbers and all sorts of stuff.

And in fact since the League cup first round fixtures have been posted, I can provide such an example:

Reproduced under licence from Football DataCo Limited. All rights reserved. Licence no NEWMEDIA/BBCWEBCEE/63009a.

Copyright © and Database Right The FA Premier League/The Scottish Premier League/The Football League/The Scottish Football League Limited 2005. All rights reserved. No part of the Fixtures Lists may be reproduced stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of Football DataCo Limited.

BBC Sport | League Cup | Fixtures

The bit about being 'under licence' indicates that the service was most likely paid for, as Cobbo pointed out :thumbup:

Tho oddly enough, it says none of the information in the fixtures lists can be transmitted at all without written permission.

So technically, I can't tell you when the Leicester/Macc match is, as I didn't ask permission to. lol:P:ermm:

How come fixture lists are protected by copyright law? What possible abuse could be done with them, what's the justification for such a procedure?

I could understand it if it concerned preventing people from publishing the list BEFORE the official presentation, but afterwards?

This sounds a bit odd to my ears, but maybe it's just tradition in the U.K.? Or am I mistaken?

Anyhoo, the fixture list will be published in about 2 1/2 hours.

*Gnaws his fingers*

How come fixture lists are protected by copyright law? What possible abuse could be done with them, what's the justification for such a procedure?

I could understand it if it concerned preventing people from publishing the list BEFORE the official presentation, but afterwards?

This sounds a bit odd to my ears, but maybe it's just tradition in the U.K.? Or am I mistaken?

*Gnaws his fingers*

I believe it's mainly so that the leagues can get a commission from the pools & betting companies for using the fixture lists for commercial purposes, otherwise they could use them for free.

I believe it's mainly so that the leagues can get a commission from the pools & betting companies for using the fixture lists for commercial purposes, otherwise they could use them for free.

Nice nick :thumbup:

*Gnaws his fingers*

It's not about abuse. It's about making money out of them.

£Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£

Archived