Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2005 Progress Thread

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my leicester game is corrupted :(:angry::mad:

But who should i manage next? Im thinking about starting unemployed and then working my way to the top or should i just start with chelsea or another big club?

Any suggestions welcome :thumbup:

If you start off with a nobody team and work your way up to the top, then it will probably take at least 5 seasons to make it to the Premiership - by which time many of the well-known players will be old and past it, thus making the game harder.

But starting as Chelsea is boring when you have all that money and a great squad - you may even get sacked if you don't win the league and/or the Euro Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got myself together and finished my 2nd season with Leicester. After an excellent start (sitting 5th after a dozen games) I had a horrible period around Christmas meeting one big gun after another ( Chelsea > Spurs > Man U > Liverpool > Arsenal ) and there was little I could do only picking up 1 point there.

Then it was rollercoaster all the way up to March where I finally got a little run going again. By this time I was languishing in lower safe midtable and managed to end the season in 10th, which, under the circumstances, I was quite satisfied with. I managed to win the League Cup and was undone in the FA Cup Semis by Man U..

Summer transfers (got a £19 mil injection from the board out of nowhere!):

out: Zenden (625k), Connolly (100k), Petit, Van Hooijdonk, Heath, Rapaic, Gillespie, Morris (all released), Keown, Waterreus (retired)

in: Jankulovski, Niclas Jensen, Ailton, Grønkjær, Sørensen, Upson, Adu, Gabbidon, Aruna (all free), Claudio Lopez (675k), Joe Cole (3,4 mil) and Andrea Gasbarroni (3,7 mil)

A significant bolstering of the squad and am now personally aiming for the title...anything less would be a disappointment. Hopefully I can win the UEFA Cup too..*crossing fingers*

Im currently Boston :S

Its a hard job and i had 65 k to spend.Andy Kirk is just returning to full fitness so that will be a big boost.Got Dominic Peirman in on loan his all around play is good but he cannot finish.So ive brought in Paul Daglish from the badgers for 2k he is a good player , Antony Pulis in on loan from Pompey.Ive started to get a balance to the team now.Currently 14th after 6 games Won 2 Drawn 2 and Lost 2.Hopefull to finish in the top half , make sure Kirky signs a new contract and then push for the playoffs :)

Does anyone know where I can pick up the no cd crack for this? Im curently staying with my girlfriend and last time I visited i brought the game with me and installed it but i forgot it this time and shes at work for a few hours and im bored rigid but I cant play cos i dont have the cd. :(

Im currently Boston :S

Its a hard job and i had 65 k to spend.Andy Kirk is just returning to full fitness so that will be a big boost.Got Dominic Peirman in on loan his all around play is good but he cannot finish.So ive brought in Paul Daglish from the badgers for 2k he is a good player , Antony Pulis in on loan from Pompey.Ive started to get a balance to the team now.Currently 14th after 6 games Won 2 Drawn 2 and Lost 2.Hopefull to finish in the top half , make sure Kirky signs a new contract and then push for the playoffs :)

53268[/snapback]

TOWN FULL OF IIIIIIIIIINBREDS!!

YOU'RE JUST A TOWN FULL OF IIIIIIIIIIIIIINBREDS...

;)

Coming from Lincoln, Boston aren't really a popular team.

I just got the game through earlier on this week, and started my season with Lincoln, and lost my first match 2-1 to Northampton, because they scored a fluky cross-cum-shot with the last kick of the game :angry:

I've also made friends with Craig Levein, and am currently in the process of making enemies with Steve Evans (Boston), Brian Laws (S****horpe, and willy puller) and Dennis Wise (the less said the better).

,Jan 9 2005, 9:34 PM]TOWN FULL OF IIIIIIIIIINBREDS!!

;)

53339[/snapback]

Oi! I was born in Boston!!! :angry::P

Luckily I've never had to live there though ;)

,Jan 9 2005, 9:34 PM]TOWN FULL OF IIIIIIIIIINBREDS!!

;)

53339[/snapback]

Oi! I was born in Boston!!! :angry::P

Luckily I've never had to live there though ;)

53349[/snapback]

Well, if you don't live there it's ok :)

If your parents lived there though I'd get worried....... ;)

My Lincoln City team are currently sitting top of League 2, after an excellent run of 8 successive victories, unbeaten in 10 games.

This run is mainly down to Mads Timm, originally on a 3 month loan from Manchester United, but xtended for the rest of the season.

These are my last 6 matches, with the goals that guy's scored, sitting just behind my front two of Adrian Littlejohn and Steven McGarry:

4-1 Darlington Timms (3) Rating: 10 (MotM)

2-0 Wycombe Timms (O) Rating: 7

3-1 Shrewsbury Timms (2) Rating: 9 (MotM)

4-1 Oldham (FA Cup) Timms (4) Rating: 10 (MotM)

5-1 Macclesfield Timms (3) Rating: 10 (MotM)

2-0 Rochdale Timms (1) Rating: 8 (MotM)

13 goals in 6 matches!!

He's already hit 20 goals for the season and it's only the 14th of December!!

A stroke of genius getting this kid in if I must say so myself :)

Also, I sold Ben Futcher for £20,000 (to Grimsby) and Marcus Richardson for £10,000 (to S****horpe).

I sold my worst striker (Richardson) to by biggest rivals FOR £10,000!!

UP THE IMPS!!

Oh yeah, and on anyone elses game are Grimsby a little bit too rich?

I started off the season with a transfer budget of £30,000, yet Grimsby have just spent £1million on Elvis Hammond from Fulham, and have spent £1.9mill so far this season!!

God I love this game.

Bloody hell, I'm Leicester, only in my second season and managed to sign Graverson on a free and i'm telling ya, he is great. Has anyone else managed to get him? Finished 3rd in the championship only 3 points off 1st :o and beat derby in the play off final :D and scowy has just been called up for england :ph34r:

I've resumed my FM game after a long time without playing it - now I have a new pc it runs brilliantly! :D

Still in my third season with LCFC - about midtable in the Premiership (10th after 20 odd games), in the Carling Cup semi-finals. I drew the away leg against Gillingham 2-2 after being 2-0 up :( ...but I should still beat them at home to clinch a place in the final against either Chelsea or Man Utd. I can't see myself winning that one though. I've got Figo, Oliseh, Laurent Robert, Rohan Ricketts, Labinot Harbuzi, Gareth Williams, Sergio Concecaio all vying for a midfield slot - not to mention Jordan Stewart and Serginho not even in the squad. Up front I've got Olisadebe and Baros who are hitting off a good partnership.

I've already made a few big signings for next season - Damien Duff, Andy Van Der Meyde and Portillo all coming on free transfers.

Bloody hell, I'm Leicester,  only in my second season and managed to sign Gravesen on a free and i'm telling ya, he is great. Has anyone else managed to get him? Finished 3rd in the championship only 3 points off 1st :o and beat derby in the play off final :D and scowy has just been called up for england :ph34r:

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

And yes I got him in my 2nd season too following promotion. He had a scintillating season winning English and Players Player of the Year award. Very very impressive!! And even now with stars like Joe Cole, Grønkjær, Upson, Ailton, Jankulovski, Claudio Lopez et al, Gravesen is by far my most important player. He regularly gets 10's and makes so many key passes it's unreal...and he scores his fair share too! I let Scowy go after promotion, but the way he was going he was most probably gonna make the England squad. But after he changed club (Fulham, who incidentally had hired Micky Adams in the meantime :rolleyes: ) he became ultracrap :P

I've finished my second season. I finished 11the in he PL with leicester. I adopted Micky adams philosophy, lots of journey men.

here's some of the 22 players i signed.

Crespo

Tugay

Olisheh

Redknapp

Anderton

Van hoiddonk

Delgado

Batistuta

Frank de boer

Vand der sar

Gresko

Hadji

Henchoz

Djorkaeff

Ihave forgotten the rest.

Bloody hell, I'm Leicester,  only in my second season and managed to sign Gravesen on a free and i'm telling ya, he is great. Has anyone else managed to get him? Finished 3rd in the championship only 3 points off 1st :o and beat derby in the play off final :D and scowy has just been called up for england :ph34r:

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

And yes I got him in my 2nd season too following promotion. He had a scintillating season winning English and Players Player of the Year award. Very very impressive!! And even now with stars like Joe Cole, Grønkjær, Upson, Ailton, Jankulovski, Claudio Lopez et al, Gravesen is by far my most important player. He regularly gets 10's and makes so many key passes it's unreal...and he scores his fair share too! I let Scowy go after promotion, but the way he was going he was most probably gonna make the England squad. But after he changed club (Fulham, who incidentally had hired Micky Adams in the meantime :rolleyes: ) he became ultracrap :P

56171[/snapback]

I know, whats your point there sunshine?

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

56171[/snapback]

56275[/snapback]

*sigh* you spelt it Graverson <_<

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

56171[/snapback]

56275[/snapback]

56287[/snapback]

You editied it for me did you?

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

56171[/snapback]

56275[/snapback]

56287[/snapback]

56291[/snapback]

aye I did ;)

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

56171[/snapback]

56275[/snapback]

56287[/snapback]

56291[/snapback]

aye I did ;)

56293[/snapback]

I see, I spelt it wrong about 10 posts again but when you went to quote me you had accidentally corrected it for me and then quoted me to have misspelled it! That’s where I had got confused. Anyway, cracking player. Its signings like that though that make the game a little unrealistic I feel. Also some of the players mentioned on here would never play for LC in a million years :smile:

55966[/snapback]

It's Gravesen ;)

56171[/snapback]

56275[/snapback]

56287[/snapback]

56291[/snapback]

aye I did ;)

56293[/snapback]

I see, I spelt it wrong about 10 posts again but when you went to quote me you had accidentally corrected it for me and then quoted me to have misspelled it! That’s where I had got confused. Anyway, cracking player. Its signings like that though that make the game a little unrealistic I feel. Also some of the players mentioned on here would never play for LC in a million years :smile:

56295[/snapback]

Well it's a lot easier to be a 'manager' in FM than IRL. So it's also quite a lot easier to over-achieve in the game if you're decent enough at it. It's not so unrealistic that Gravesen would choose to join a midtable Premier League team. But it's true that some players shouldn't be attracted by a club such of Leicesters stature. But most players are made realistic anyway

If it was completely realistic then there would be no fun in the game. You have to make it possible for teams like LCFC to get good players (over a period of time) and be successful, otherwise the game would be dull and there'd be no point in managing a smaller club than Manu, Arse etc

Archived