Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Blue Is the colour

Can we stand up if we want to as well?

Blue Is The Colour

Leicester City are inviting their supporters to create a 'Sea of Blue' at the Walkers Stadium when the Foxes take on Burnley next Tuesday evening (7:45pm).

The club have put together a brand new pre-match entertainment package for the upcoming campaign, which will be aired for the first time on the night.

And City are appealing to fans to pledge their support to Rob Kelly's side by wearing blue for all home games during the season.

Club co-ordinator Alan Birchenall said: "We have tried to freshen things up this season and we hope the supporters enjoy what we have come up with.

"It's difficult to please everyone - as the saying goes 'you can't please everybody all of the time'. But we think that with the help of the fans we can generate an atmosphere in the stadium like it has never seen or heard before.

"It's all about Rob and his team. We want to help to give them as best a chance of possible to succeed this campaign.

"One thing that we are asking fans to do is to turn up in something blue on the night. It doesn't have to be the new shirt - it can be anything you like - just so long as it is blue. We want to create a wall of colour inside the Walkers when we come up against Burnley. Let's show them exactly what we are all about.

"We have got a bit of a surprise for the players and fans planned for the evening - but they will become more apparent as the supporters turn up at the stadium. Let's just say it'll be a bit of a throwback and something that I think our stadium has missed for a number of years."

Tickets remain on general sale for the game, priced from just £20 for adult members and £10 for under 16s.

Visit the Walkers Stadium ticket office in person to secure your seat now.

Fans are reminded that they can also book their seats for the game using the new e-ticketing facility - CLICK HERE to buy online

Alternatively, you can call the ticket office direct on 0870 4991884. Please feel free to email any enquiries to [email protected]

"We have got a bit of a surprise for the players and fans planned for the evening - but they will become more apparent as the supporters turn up at the stadium. Let's just say it'll be a bit of a throwback and something that I think our stadium has missed for a number of years."

Does anyone have any idea about this, 'cause I'm genuinely intrigued!! :huh:

Does anyone know what the 'throwback' is that 'the stadium has been missing for a number of years?'

Fighting, I think.

Also, how can this stadium have been missing anything for a number of years? It's only a few years old? Going back to something 2 years ago is hardly a 'throwback' in my book.

Ya bastards.

Fighting, I think.

Also, how can this stadium have been missing anything for a number of years? It's only a few years old? Going back to something 2 years ago is hardly a 'throwback' in my book.

Ya bastards.

Funnily enough that was my first thought!! I wonder how they'll organise it??? :blink:

Fireworks as the players walk out of the tunnel

HaHa - Last time we had that was a highly memorable season opening match V Bolton in the premiership - under the guidance of petertaylor

I recall we fared slightly better in our next game - Only losing by 4-0 at highbury :ph34r:

HaHa - Last time we had that was a highly memorable season opening match V Bolton in the premiership - under the guidance of petertaylor

I recall we fared slightly better in our next game - Only losing by 4-0 at highbury :ph34r:

We had them the season after at the Walkers aswell, possibly the season after aswell.

We had them the season after at the Walkers aswell, possibly the season after aswell.

Really - I honestly don't remember that? :ph34r:

Maybe it's just because of how memorable the petertaylor premiership season was... :ph34r:

Really - I honestly don't remember that? :ph34r:

Maybe it's just because of how memorable the petertaylor premiership season was... :ph34r:

Yes fond memories, that match was the first match i took my Mrs to, after we got wed, city have been shite ever since........I blame her for city's demise!!! :(

Archived