Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

season tickets

.............however, Davies said that with the loss of the parachute money, season-ticket sales were now the major source of revenue.

So far, he said, 12,650 had been sold, which was about 2,000 short of last year's total, though that had been swollen by more than 1,000 fans buying theirs after the season had begun.

sorry but thats rubbish! we got more than that for a friendly against man united 8/10 years ago

who is doing the pricing and the marketing

yes it is to do with the pricing strategy, but also to do with all of our shit fans who cant be arsed to get one until the team gets promoted, well they need to realise that it wont happen if we have 12,000 season ticket holders and no revenue.

I think you'll see attendances fall below 20,000 at Leicester on numerous occasions this season. The longer we stay out of the premeirship the more the attendances will fall to what they were when in division 1 (old division 2) back at Filbert Street. Our fan base is made up of 15,000 hardcore fans and then a further same amount that could take it or leave it.

I think you'll see attendances fall below 20,000 at Leicester on numerous occasions this season. The longer we stay out of the premeirship the more the attendances will fall to what they were when in division 1 (old division 2) back at Filbert Street. Our fan base is made up of 15,000 hardcore fans and then a further same amount that could take it or leave it.

even the hardcore are wondering why they go, cheer CL you muppet!

come back adams all is forgiven!

We are reliying on selling 8,000 plus each game to even get a decent attendance now.

Results are the only way sales will go up :o

i think attendances started to go up last season under RK, so i was expecting them to start at around 23,000 this year. doesnt look like that will happen! i hate watching leicester in a focking empty stadium :mad:

That is fackin appauling there should be mors fans like me, jonbluefox and tom_city1989 + others who support the club through thick and thin. Then when the glory supports return they just moan, tossers!!! :mad:

You can't have a go at people for not having a season ticket they are ****ing expensive things, being a season ticket holder takes up a lot of time and money especially for people who don't live inside the city, and when the team isn't really performing as well as it has done in the past its understandable a few people will stay away, when the "glory supporters" return to the ground they have every right to moan, they have paid their entrance fee.

I also hope that you are all paying for you own season tickets and not receiving any help from parents if your going around making comments like that.

You can't have a go at people for not having a season ticket they are ****ing expensive things, being a season ticket holder takes up a lot of time and money especially for people who don't live inside the city, and when the team isn't really performing as well as it has done in the past its understandable a few people will stay away, when the "glory supporters" return to the ground they have every right to moan, they have paid their entrance fee.

I also hope that you are all paying for you own season tickets and not receiving any help from parents if your going around making comments like that.

Yes i do pay for my own and its the 1st thing I budget for at the start of the year. And I'd be lost if I didnt have a club to support. How do people have the right to moan? they should show something called "loyalty" or just p1ss off

We have this same stupid debate every year, cut out the holier than thou attitude sure there are some glory hunters but we were happy to have them along for the ride when we were doing well.

The club made the decision to turn it into a business for the prawn sandwiche brigade and because wer'e doing crap they want to eat somewhere else.

As they state many, many times they are a business, well it's their job, they're paid enough to make it atttractive and worthwhile paying up and in front to go to matches.

Not only has the football been crap for nigh on 5 years but we been almost exclusively unsuccessful, added to that the treatment of the fans as in sit down shut up, clap when we play a song well they're bloody lucky that I've bought mine.

Or maybe the football bubble has well and truely burst, see Cov below and the morons that run the bloody game should do something about:

• Making it a level playing field, i.e access to funds
  • Reducing the obscene wages that's bleeding the game dry
  • Reducing the impact TV has on when the games are played
  • Restricting the amount of 'average foreigners' in our leagues
  • Let us the fans be allowed to demonstrate some passion whilst attending games

Rant over

Coventry City MD Paul Fletcher has admitted the sale of season tickets has been disappointing,despite the fact that the club actually made more money than they did on last season's sales.

"We had a little bit of a blimp on season ticket sales," said Fletcher, to the CET.

"We anticipated that we would probably sell an extra three thousand season tickets and we have sold an extra 2,500 but,unfortunately,a couple of thousand haven't renewed.

"Now there is a possibility that those who haven't renewed think they will cherry pick the games to suit them and may be come to ten of the bigger games and not go to the smaller ones.

"That is fine but there is a slight disappointment with the non-renewals and we can't understand it. But it has happened,these things happen and we have to get on with it."

Just over 9,100 season tickets have been sold but more corporate boxes have been sold than for last season. It was not all downbeat as Fletcher added: "Commercially,things are going okay and we are on target."

Covsupport has been speaking to some supporters who have not renewed their season tickets and the overwhelming response as to why they haven't was due to the stadium and parking costs.

The stadium design is more perfect world than real world and supporters are not happy having to wade through the likes of Cardiff,Wolves and Leicester supporters with families in order to get to their transport or put up with queuing and barging in order to use the toilets/ catering facilities at half-time.

The location of the stadium on the outskirts of the City and its accessibility has not helped. Many City supporters don't live in Coventry and have to travel independently, so having to pay up to £10 to park on top of petrol at around £1 per litre only adds to the cost incurred when watching the Sky Blues and has put some supporters off getting a season ticket.

Edited to add source

Yes i do pay for my own and its the 1st thing I budget for at the start of the year. And I'd be lost if I didnt have a club to support. How do people have the right to moan? they should show something called "loyalty" or just p1ss off

That's almost funny.

So because I don't seperate myself from 350 odd quid, and put myself through a trip to Leicester 23 times a season, I am not allowed to attend any games or voice my opinion on why we are so shite....no I dont think so.

Just because I can't afford a lump sum or make it into Leicester every weekend doesn't mean you can look down your nose at me. I spend bollocks loads on football each year, if the team disapointment me I'm likely to comment, it's not just a right reserved for season ticket holders.

that is poor,too many fans willing to come back when we are doing well

It happens to all clubs not just us!

I remember in the 80's Newcastle v Leicester at St James Park.

City took 3,000-4,000 with the total crowd being around 10,000.

The mighty Geordies. Don't make me laugh!

......and we stuffed em 4-1

The thing about Adams was he bought the odd player that people wanted to watch...clearly we can no longer do that any more....yet

What like in the old freak shows :P

We have this same stupid debate every year, cut out the holier than thou attitude sure there are some glory hunters but we were happy to have them along for the ride when we were doing well.

The club made the decision to turn it into a business for the prawn sandwiche brigade and because wer'e doing crap they want to eat somewhere else.

As they state many, many times they are a business, well it's their job, they're paid enough to make it atttractive and worthwhile paying up and in front to go to matches.

Not only has the football been crap for nigh on 5 years but we been almost exclusively unsuccessful, added to that the treatment of the fans as in sit down shut up, clap when we play a song well they're bloody lucky that I've bought mine.

Or maybe the football bubble has well and truely burst, see Cov below and the morons that run the bloody game should do something about:

• Making it a level playing field, i.e access to funds
  • Reducing the obscene wages that's bleeding the game dry
  • Reducing the impact TV has on when the games are played
  • Restricting the amount of 'average foreigners' in our leagues
  • Let us the fans be allowed to demonstrate some passion whilst attending games

Rant over

Coventry City MD Paul Fletcher has admitted the sale of season tickets has been disappointing,despite the fact that the club actually made more money than they did on last season's sales.

"We had a little bit of a blimp on season ticket sales," said Fletcher, to the CET.

"We anticipated that we would probably sell an extra three thousand season tickets and we have sold an extra 2,500 but,unfortunately,a couple of thousand haven't renewed.

"Now there is a possibility that those who haven't renewed think they will cherry pick the games to suit them and may be come to ten of the bigger games and not go to the smaller ones.

"That is fine but there is a slight disappointment with the non-renewals and we can't understand it. But it has happened,these things happen and we have to get on with it."

Just over 9,100 season tickets have been sold but more corporate boxes have been sold than for last season. It was not all downbeat as Fletcher added: "Commercially,things are going okay and we are on target."

Covsupport has been speaking to some supporters who have not renewed their season tickets and the overwhelming response as to why they haven't was due to the stadium and parking costs.

The stadium design is more perfect world than real world and supporters are not happy having to wade through the likes of Cardiff,Wolves and Leicester supporters with families in order to get to their transport or put up with queuing and barging in order to use the toilets/ catering facilities at half-time.

The location of the stadium on the outskirts of the City and its accessibility has not helped. Many City supporters don't live in Coventry and have to travel independently, so having to pay up to £10 to park on top of petrol at around £1 per litre only adds to the cost incurred when watching the Sky Blues and has put some supporters off getting a season ticket.

you mis-spelt sandwich!!

that is poor,too many fans willing to come back when we are doing well

For me it's nothing at all to do with doing well or whether we are in the Premiership or not. I've watched some fabulous second tier football over the years.

I could even argue Leicester are better off and potentially better to watch at that level where they tend to be near the top, get well supported and a good atmosphere can develop.

Once we get into the Premiership it is desperate "defend any goal with our lives football" that we've never lost the habit in recent years.

I haven't bought a season ticket because of the unadventurous way we play and the fact that certain players get picked whatever and in fact encourage that kind of play.

The immaturiaty and ****wittery of some on this thread is unbelievable. Just who are you tommy_m4 and tom_city1989 to go questioning the loyalty of anyone?

I was going to go in to a big rant and rip the pair of you to shreads, but davieG has saved me the bother and possibly a ban with his spot on response.

The immaturiaty and ****wittery of some on this thread is unbelievable. Just who are you tommy_m4 and tom_city1989 to go questioning the loyalty of anyone?

I was going to go in to a big rant and rip the pair of you to shreads, but davieG has saved me the bother and possibly a ban with his spot on response.

I havent questioned anyones loyalty mate,its not for me to comment if people are loyal or not is it.

I dont blame people for not going to watch Leicester and wasting alot of valuable money that they may need.

Yes and the club owes something to the fans who fork out hard earned money and spend hundreds of pounds a year hoping to cheer a team they can be proud of. The least they can do is try to make the games worth watching instead of simply trying not to lose on far too many occasions.

Glory hunter?. What a sodding insult. I went to virtually every home reserve match and a good many academy matches last season in the freezing cold midwinter and started looking forward to it far more than first team matches because we played the games to win and with a joy I never saw at the Walkers.

The teams were full of people who'd spent four-six years at Leicester and had a genuine comeraderie and apparent feeling for the club instead of journeymen outsiders who picked up many times what those lads were earning to play worse football (like Hamill for a start but several others).

Now you're talking about me buying a season ticket for a club which continues to pick those Chosen Men and which won't even let us watch the bloody reserve games anymore.

I've been married over 40 years and a supporter of this club for 50 years. Don't lecture me about f....g loyalty.

Archived