Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

season tickets

Season ticket holders who look down their noses at other fans proclaiming that they are the bastion of 'true loyalty to the club' make me sick.

I admire those that say......'We will do anything or sacrifice anything for our season ticket' but to judge others and there circumstance is wrong. We all love to be able to afford a season ticket or own a season ticket for the pleasure of watching attractive football, it's a personal choice....I for one have other priorities financially plus as a former season ticket holder I do not think it gives the utmost value in entertainment!!! <_<

My only criteria for purchasing a Season Ticket is:

Can I afford one!!

But everyone else has their own reasons, I'm not particularly enamoured with the way we have played recently, but it's not as is I've anything better to do!! :(

We'll see how this season pans out soon enough!!

Yes i do pay for my own and its the 1st thing I budget for at the start of the year. And I'd be lost if I didnt have a club to support. How do people have the right to moan? they should show something called "loyalty" or just p1ss off

The majority of fans without season ticket probably put more into the club then yourself.

Don't forget every game on your season ticket includes a discount, compared to the turn up on the day fan who maybe cannot afford a season ticket and has to pay a lot more then you do to watch a game.

So ease of will ya.

It could be said that they are subsidising your season ticket :rolleyes:

The majority of fans without season ticket probably put more into the club then yourself.

Don't forget every game on your season ticket includes a discount, compared to the turn up on the day fan who maybe cannot afford a season ticket and has to pay a lot more then you do to watch a game.

So ease of will ya.

It could be said that they are subsidising your season ticket :rolleyes:

really poor comment here...

'It could be said that they are subsidising your season ticket '

id rather be with 12,000 eager LCFC fans rather than a staduim full of gloryboys or one game a season cherrty pickers...................

Whose going derby away! at 33 quid onto of your season ticket ME

Who went to leicester v portsmouth in the pooring rain in 1994(whatever) 3-0 after 10 minutes, still there passionate.

'The majority of fans without season ticket probably put more into the club then yourself' get a life mate....

One thing I think forest can say above all is that even in LG1 they had 26,000 im sure we wont hit that this season.

id rather be with 12,000 eager LCFC fans rather than a staduim full of gloryboys or one game a season cherrty pickers...................

Who went to leicester v portsmouth in the pooring rain in 1994(whatever) 3-0 after 10 minutes, still there passionate.

'The majority of fans without season ticket probably put more into the club then yourself' get a life mate....

One thing I think forest can say above all is that even in LG1 they had 26,000 im sure we wont hit that this season.

Well put it this way if the clubs average gate was 22000 last season and all they received for the 22000 was the ST rate then the club would be out of pocket.

Non season ticket holders pay more per game then season ticket holders you do the maths :rolleyes:

Just because a person doesn't have a ST doesn't mean they don't go to every match!

The immaturiaty and ****wittery of some on this thread is unbelievable. Just who are you tommy_m4 and tom_city1989 to go questioning the loyalty of anyone?

I was going to go in to a big rant and rip the pair of you to shreads, but davieG has saved me the bother and possibly a ban with his spot on response.

Come on Barton man they're 16 ffs. I think we've all said a few things that weren't exactly well thought out at that age. I don't think the witch hunt on this thread is appropriate.

With attendances dwindling now is the time to look after each other a bit better rather than all sniping at each other. We're all Leicester fans regardless of how many games we get to a year. No one person is a better supporter than another. We've all felt the pain of that last minute equaliser going on too many times in the past regardless of how many matches we've managed to get to that season!

who is doing the pricing and the marketing

yes it is to do with the pricing strategy

At just over £13 a game, for ST holders, I kind of wonder what price break you think would eventually entice people into the ground.

As one of the cheapest clubs in the Championship (and cheaper than a load the next step down) this obviously ISN'T a cost issue.

If someone elects not to spend the price of a new mobile phone on a ST then fair enough - their choice. I would suggest that the reason has been explained many times and that it is down to attractive play, winning, success...produce those on the pitch and people will maybe not renew their Sony Eriksson at the end of the contract and suffer technology that is [God forbid!] a year out of date.

At just over £13 a game, for ST holders, I kind of wonder what price break you think would eventually entice people into the ground.

As one of the cheapest clubs in the Championship (and cheaper than a load the next step down) this obviously ISN'T a cost issue.

If someone elects not to spend the price of a new mobile phone on a ST then fair enough - their choice. I would suggest that the reason has been explained many times and that it is down to attractive play, winning, success...produce those on the pitch and people will maybe not renew their Sony Eriksson at the end of the contract and suffer technology that is [God forbid!] a year out of date.

Exactly, people choose not to by a season ticket for many reasons and price is probably well down the list.

It really doesn't do any good to argue amongst ourselves on the rights and wrongs of renewing season tickets. The only thing that matters is that in anyone's terms this number is a disaster considering the club were targetting a total of 16000.

It is also indicative of a serious downward spiral upon which our great club seems to be embarking.. as potentially the 12th best supported cclub in the country and the only league club in the county i have to question what the board are doing to rectify the situation. Ok so we are not premier league but the potential for investment is still there. So why can derby find serious investors and cardiff and Villa (ok I know they are premier leagua and bigger than us) have 4 investors sniffing around them. why do we never attract invetors or do our board simply not want to relinquish control of the club and therefore do not try!

It really doesn't do any good to argue amongst ourselves on the rights and wrongs of renewing season tickets. The only thing that matters is that in anyone's terms this number is a disaster considering the club were targetting a total of 16000.

It is also indicative of a serious downward spiral upon which our great club seems to be embarking.. as potentially the 12th best supported cclub in the country and the only league club in the county i have to question what the board are doing to rectify the situation. Ok so we are not premier league but the potential for investment is still there. So why can derby find serious investors and cardiff and Villa (ok I know they are premier leagua and bigger than us) have 4 investors sniffing around them. why do we never attract invetors undefineor do our board simply not want to relinquish control of the club and therefore do not try!

In one :thumbup:

But doesn't that money actually got to Derby's coffers?

But doesn't that money actually got to Derby's coffers?

very little goes to LCFC which is sad for such a criminal ammount. mind you dont we charge £27 to sit in our away end?! considering i am under 22 i pay just over £10 per game at the walkers and i go to occasional away matches. i'd consider myself loyal fan as i'd still be here if it was league 1 or the prem no matter what. it doesnt matter to me what other people are either, if only 2,000 people wanna turn up on tuesday night fair enough. if 32,000 turn up then great.

.............however, Davies said that with the loss of the parachute money, season-ticket sales were now the major source of revenue.

So far, he said, 12,650 had been sold, which was about 2,000 short of last year's total, though that had been swollen by more than 1,000 fans buying theirs after the season had begun.

sorry but thats rubbish! we got more than that for a friendly against man united 8/10 years ago

who is doing the pricing and the marketing

just heard on sky, that villa have only sold 13,000.

Yes. Both clubs have been underperforming but at least there'll be grounds for optimism at Villa if MON joins.

he has, and i thought him talking about their second game being a wake up call, a little un martin like. Theres NO WAY the old martin would mention the game after next.

Archived