Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

HISTORY LESSON

I know that and there's lots like you. Including Kelly. That's the problem. All those defenders and we still conceded two goals so in what way have the leaks been plugged anyway. It was our second successive 2-0 League defeat with the same approach so don't say it was one off.

It doesn't work. We had just nine clean sheets last season and four of those were bore draws. It's a recipe for disaster.

The safest defence is being at the other end.

Levein and Kelly have been trying to work on our defence being solid for nearly 2 years and they've failed miserably, there's been no improvement in our defending since under Adams and we've had new sets of defenders and all sorts. Perhaps it's time to change this mind set and work on something else?
Perhaps we aren't good enough. Silk purses and sows ears spring to mind.

I also don't think we're good enough to try the Keegan approach, favoured so much by Thracian. For a start you need a midfield.... :whistle:

I would rather work on a solid defence and become difficult to beat than a gung-ho attitude that will leak goals, and not guarantee you the points in any case.

Exactly. Folk forget we started off gung-ho at Sheffield last season and look where THAT got us! :rolleyes:

Exactly. Folk forget we started off gung-ho at Sheffield last season and look where THAT got us! :rolleyes:

Balance is the key...we saw what a defensive side did against Luton, the gap between midfield and attack was huge, Williams never got passed the centre circle........... TBH, we still have issues defending against set pieces, so being defensive won't help.............I hope i'm wrong but it feels as though we are back to square one, soul searching on what to do with the squad we have!!!! :rolleyes:

I also don't think we're good enough to try the Keegan approach, favoured so much by Thracian. For a start you need a midfield.... :whistle:

Well I think we all know what hes going to say about that.

We've got to be good enough Leesoh. Our cards are dealt unless we sell someone.

Fryatt and Hume scored 15 goals in half a season last year so potentially 30 this, though I have my doubts now they're known and managers will be planning to counter them.

DeVries, Connolly, Gudjonsson - with 18 goals between them - are to my mind out of the equation and Crewe went down with 57 goals for last season.

There are no other goalscorers in our first X1 so where are 27+ goals coming from with an overloaded defence.

We need a midfield. It has to be four given Kelly's blinkered and unchanging outlook.

Hammond, Johnson, Porter, Tiatto.

Hammond, Hughes, Porter, Tiatto;

Gradel, Johnson, Williams, Tiatto;

Gradel, Johnson, Porter, Tiatto. (two youths is risky)

There's a few other cominations based on these players and perhaps including Low.

I like the top two lines most but any could be defended for having balance, pace, creativity, passing ability, energy, experience, defensive energy and at least some goals.

No it's not perfect. Johnson, Tiatto, Hughes won't score/make enough goals. But how otherwise do you satisfy the above sentence in terms of what's required from our midfield.

Certainly not with Maybury, Johnson, Williams, Tiatto. Half of the required components are missing.

Fryatt and Hume scored 15 goals in half a season last year so potentially 30 this, though I have my doubts now they're known and managers will be planning to counter them.

Blimey, does it really work like that?

Gosh ~ I bet Chelsea will be kicking themselves they signed Shevchenko then if it is that easy to stop goalscorers popping them into the net.

Gosh ~ I bet Chelsea will be kicking themselves they signed Shevchenko then if it is that easy to stop goalscorers popping them into the net.

lol:worship:

You wouldn't fancy a small bet that they won't score 30 betweeen em this season would you?. A pint of beer or something?

You wouldn't fancy a small bet that they won't score 30 betweeen em this season would you?. A pint of beer or something?

Always game for a small wager...being terminally stupid as I am! Let's have a couple of bottles of something Belgian and beery on it then Tracian? I say they'll net 30 or more between them but the bet is off if one/both gets sold. Yup? :D

Always game for a small wager...being terminally stupid as I am! Let's have a couple of bottles of something Belgian and beery on it then Tracian? I say they'll net 30 or more between them but the bet is off if one/both gets sold. Yup? :D

No problem: your two bottles against a pint of my favourite Baabaa beer from the Swan and Rushes. If either gets sold or a long term injury (broken bone etc) the bet's off. Twenty nine goals or less and the treat's on you!

I don't wish Kelly gone. I wish he would abandon his obsession with defence, balance the team and present us with some proper football..

give him some dosh and maybe he'll do something about it.....! :rolleyes: i remember posting this several times during last season too

No problem: your two bottles against a pint of my favourite Baabaa beer from the Swan and Rushes. If either gets sold or a long term injury (broken bone etc) the bet's off. Twenty nine goals or less and the treat's on you!

You bloody crook, Thracian!!! Are you Dick Turpin in disguise?

We can establish if this is league goals or all competitions. :D wouldnt want to have confusion further down the line now would we.

Archived