Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finn Claw

Should i give up and go and support Charlton

Right,

I'm feeling a bit negative and to be honest have done for about 2 years. I live very close to Charlton they are a well run club who play attractive football, should i go on a leicester siesta and just support Charlton for a couple of seasons.

Our board don't seem to have much faith in RK (a rolling contract and no cash to spend). RK himself doesn't seem to like the idea of going and wining a game, I mean we had 8 defensive palyers in the starting line up vrs Luton. Come on it is Luton, has it really got to the stage where we don't think we can have a proper go at Luton? I can handle losing (one game and two seasons) if there is something to be positive about but a side that looked unfit (on the first game of season!) and with 3 defenders in midfield, doesn't instill much hope. I certainly can't be arsed at the moment to waste my time and money being bored for 90 minutes.

I do try to stay positive but football is meant to be entertaining and i'm not sure Leicester do that anymore. i'm bored of talking about;

A) Our lack of balance

B) Our lack of faith in our youth

C) being far too defensive

D) not being able to take corners and free kicks

E) not being able to defend corners and freee kicks

Who else fancies adopting a new club for a couple of years?

Why not try Aston Villa ~ not only do they have a cracking new manager but they will soon have money to play with when the new owner comes on board. I hear tell that they are a (apparently) "sleeping giant"...and whatever that is it certainly sounds good.

Not only that, but you'll be able to grab a season ticket too because they estimate that they'll only have sold 16,000 by the start of the Premiership season.

See ya' :wave:

Right,

I'm feeling a bit negative and to be honest have done for about 2 years. I live very close to Charlton they are a well run club who play attractive football, should i go on a leicester siesta and just support Charlton for a couple of seasons.

Our board don't seem to have much faith in RK (a rolling contract and no cash to spend). RK himself doesn't seem to like the idea of going and wining a game, I mean we had 8 defensive palyers in the starting line up vrs Luton. Come on it is Luton, has it really got to the stage where we don't think we can have a proper go at Luton? I can handle losing (one game and two seasons) if there is something to be positive about but a side that looked unfit (on the first game of season!) and with 3 defenders in midfield, doesn't instill much hope. I certainly can't be arsed at the moment to waste my time and money being bored for 90 minutes.

I do try to stay positive but football is meant to be entertaining and i'm not sure Leicester do that anymore. i'm bored of talking about;

A) Our lack of balance

Nah, why tie yourself down to Charlton, just check the premier league table each week to find the highest placed club that is within easy travelling distant, you also get to see a 'home' game every week.

Nah, why tie yourself down to Charlton, just check the premier league table each week to find the highest placed club that is within easy travelling distant, you also get to see a 'home' game every week.

But just buy some plain banded scarves without any logo's, crests or writing...that way you can re-use them depending on which team you support that week.

Just don't, whatever you do, get a tattoo to celebrate Premiership victory at the end of the season...unless it just says CHAMPIONS! :thumbup:

Right,

A) Our lack of balance

Apart from the obvious(Prem Footy)

What have Charlton got to offer week in week out?

They could easily lose more games than us this season and if all your after is watching a successful club win matches then Charlton is not for you!

The fact that you're even thinking about it is enough TBH. If your not going to be loyal when the going gets tough, but are willing to jump on the bandwagon for the good times then so be it. :wave:

of course i'm not really going to support Charlton, i'm just a bit annoyed and can't see it getting any better. I'm just making a point at how these days where few players show any loyalty, a lot of fans have been priced out of the game and the money going to players, agents and other leeches rather than to grassrooots football why is it assumed the fans will never question their loyalty.

If football is jsut a business these days (which it is increasingly feeling like) then do the players and the baord really represent Leicester or is it just a team and group of individuals that are just play under the badge of Leicester city?

I hate to say it but we (and most football teams) could learn a lot from the Tigers about being a proper club that represents its community.

Oh and by the way the other local team is Millwall so that is my other viable option.....

I personally find the idea of "dumping" a club abhorrent.

But if I didn't, there are plenty more attractive options in the Premiership than Charlton.

I tell you what - the club are dumping on their fans big time at the moment. And until City start trying to play proper football again I am seriously considering listening to Leicester on the radio and watching Hinckley United this year - hardly glory hunting I might add..

It's long been my "home" club, I loved watching City Reserves there last season, the club are building something from nothing and there's a buzz about the place.

From what's said on Talking Balls, which may or may not be true, Stearman was so upset about his Luton performance that he was reportedly seen the worse for wear afterwards in a City night spot. No big deal if we'd won.

Weso, Porter and Sheehan were reportedly with him (nothing was said about their state) but I can at least understand their being out. Weso must be cheesed off being out of things and the other two must be depressed that they weren't considered good enough even to make a team as bad as that.

They'd spent another day watching the Chosen Men going through more of what the Chosen Men do and if I'd been them I'd have fancied a few bevvies to forget it. But Stearman shouldn't have gone near the booze after that performance.

He should have gone home to think about whether he wants to be a footballer or a waster.

It all makes you begrudge spending £30 or £40 for the privilege of watching such people.

It's supposed to be a two way thing this football. Effort and entertainment from the club, vocal and financial backing from the fans.

At the moment it seems to be all one way. Lousy football, questionable behaviour, no reserves matches, little to lift our spirits by way of signings, defensive team, no money cos what we had has often been wasted - where is the sunshine?.

When is someone at Leicester City going to have the strength of character to chase the clouds away and really start giving us a club to be proud of again.

The fact that you're even thinking about it is enough TBH. If your not going to be loyal when the going gets tough, but are willing to jump on the bandwagon for the good times then so be it. :wave:

Perhaps if the "loyal" supporters of our club made it clear they wouldn't put up with such dross then someone would make a genuine effort to do something about it.

I tell you what - the club are dumping on their fans big time at the moment. I am seriously considering listening to Leicester on the radio and watching Hinckley United this year - hardly glory hunting I might add..

It's long been my "home" club, I loved watching City Reserves there last season, the club are building something from nothing and there's a buzz about the place.

From what's said on Talking Balls, which may or may not be true, Stearman was so upset about his Luton performance that he was reportedly seen the worse for wear afterwards in a City night spot. No big deal if we'd won.

Weso, Porter and Sheehan were reportedly with him (nothing was said about their state) but I can at least understand their being out. Weso must be cheesed off being out of things and the other two must be depressed that they weren't considered good enough even to make a team as bad as that.

They'd spent another day watching the Chosen Men going through more of what the Chosen Men do and if I'd been them I'd have fancied a few bevvies to forget it. But Stearman shouldn't have gone near the booze after that performance.

He should have gone home to think about whether he wants to be a footballer or a waster.

It all makes you begrudge spending £30 or £40 for the privilege of watching such people.

It's supposed to be a two way thing this football. Effort and entertainment from the club, vocal and financial backing from the fans.

At the moment it seems to be all one way. Lousy football, questionable behaviour, no reserves matches, little to lift our spirits by way of signings, defensive team, no money cos what we had has often been wasted - where is the sunshine?.

When is someone at Leicester City going to have the strength of character to chase the clouds away and really start giving us a club to be proud of again.

Well last season I listened to leicester on the radio and watched coalville last season, and will probably do it this season to.

I watch leicester when I can but I don't like paying premiership prices (match day tickets) for average championshp football.

Well last season I listened to leicester on the radio and watched coalville last season, and will probably do it this season to.

I watch leicester when I can but I don't like paying premiership prices (match day tickets) for average championshp football.

Championship football? At least you've got a kind nature. Do you not wonder whether we played no-hopers in pre-season friendlies just to give our fans a taste of the future?

Yup, go there. Although, of course, they'll be back in the championship next year, or the year after. And I suspect that their on-line fans are as big a bunch of whingers as you'll find here (and there's probably even a 'kids-in' equivalent of Thracian) even before they start to face relegation in the face.

Yup, go there. Although, of course, they'll be back in the championship next year, or the year after. And I suspect that their on-line fans are as big a bunch of whingers as you'll find here (and there's probably even a 'kids-in' equivalent of Thracian) even before they start to face relegation in the face.

Do you really want to see City continue its downward spiral? It's not the ideal comparison but if Germans had shown the courage to do something about Hitler then the holocaust wouldn't have happened and the nation's name wouldn't have been dragged through the sewers.

In a way it's the same at City. If we don't force changes- not necessarily in managers or staff - but in attitudes and approach then we are in serious danger of sliding down the football ladder indefinitely. Being blindly loyal is admirable in many ways but it does not always serve the club.

Do you really want to see City continue its downward spiral? It's not the ideal comparison but if Germans had shown the courage to do something about Hitler then the holocaust wouldn't have happened and the nation's name wouldn't have been dragged through the sewers.

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't realised Leicester playing a crap game was in the same category as murdering millions. If I give you time, is there anything more stupid you can come up with?

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't realised Leicester playing a crap game was in the same category as murdering millions. If I give you time, is there anything more stupid you can come up with?

I just knew you would say that. And you know perfectly well I wasn't suggesting they were in the same category.

I was simply using it as a dramatic example of what can happen if people ignore what is happening before their eyes.

And I emphasised that fact.

Comparing the predicament at City with the Third Reich is over the top. :rolleyes:

Comparing the predicament at City with the Third Reich is over the top. :rolleyes:

It wasn't really because I was not trying to liken or equate the two. I was trying to say that burying your head in the sand (horrible phrase but I'm tired) can have bad consequences. I said it was "not an ideal comparison".

PS: If it upsets you take the post out with my blessing.

Let's not get all 'tabloid newspaper headlines' over this and concentrate on the very aspect Thrac was pointing out. Personally I think he makes a good case for what is wrong with our club, it astounds me that after the performances in some of the warm up games he plumped for the side he did. I was hoping that Kelly may be more adept as listening to the fans' views which initially showed promise with the shipping out of Hamill, the attempts to offload De Vries, admittedly he re-signed Twatto but let's face it we need some left sided cover, note the word 'cover' not 'first teamer'. These initial hopes have been dampened somewhat by his selection and tactics in the first serious game of the season. I do read Thrac getting a lot of stick for his views but I do feel he is the voice at the back of most of our minds. We have such promising youth but are continually stifling it with a safety first, tried and tested (and failed) policies which are aimed at stopping the rot regardless of the fact that (allegedly good) players such as Tiatto, Maybury, and Williams have suffered huge criticism and are still in the first 11 after over a season of mediocrity. It's like cleaning your teeth with sh*t, it won't happen no matter how patient or how hard you brush. I just hope that the performances and development of such 1st team promising young players such as Stearman, Fryatt and Hume don't get affected as we need standards and structure to inpsire the next tier of Porter, O'Grady, Dodds, Weso, sheehan etc to make the grade and come through now more than ever.

Archived