Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finn Claw

Should i give up and go and support Charlton

Now Now boys and girls.....lets look at it logically.

You could be a Crystal Palace Supporter happy with your new proven manager :mad: rather than a Leicester City supporter happy with a manager that saved our backsides last year. :D

We all know its going to be a difficult year for the City. Being competitive, blending a team and building on that team will be the main thing. If we get to the play offs I think we could all say it was a great effort. If we challenge for the play offs we would all say its a great effort. If we struggle near the bottom of the table we will all be frustrated. Lets not forget that RK did very well after taking over as Manager last season and we were happy he was rewarded with the job as manager. Bring on the Burnley.

Whilst its going to be a long journey, we will get there.... :thumbup:

My advise to Finn Claw is keep the faith. :):)

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Let's not get all 'tabloid newspaper headlines' over this and concentrate on the very aspect Thrac was pointing out. Personally I think he makes a good case for what is wrong with our club, it astounds me that after the performances in some of the warm up games he plumped for the side he did. I was hoping that Kelly may be more adept as listening to the fans' views which initially showed promise with the shipping out of Hamill, the attempts to offload De Vries, admittedly he re-signed Twatto but let's face it we need some left sided cover, note the word 'cover' not 'first teamer'. These initial hopes have been dampened somewhat by his selection and tactics in the first serious game of the season. I do read Thrac getting a lot of stick for his views but I do feel he is the voice at the back of most of our minds. We have such promising youth but are continually stifling it with a safety first, tried and tested (and failed) policies which are aimed at stopping the rot regardless of the fact that (allegedly good) players such as Tiatto, Maybury, and Williams have suffered huge criticism and are still in the first 11 after over a season of mediocrity. It's like cleaning your teeth with sh*t, it won't happen no matter how patient or how hard you brush. I just hope that the performances and development of such 1st team promising young players such as Stearman, Fryatt and Hume don't get affected as we need standards and structure to inpsire the next tier of Porter, O'Grady, Dodds, Weso, sheehan etc to make the grade and come through now more than ever.

Your support is appreciated but, much more important, that is EXACTLY how I feel.

Shame on you fellas! My son and I went to the Luton game (virtually a home game from where we live). Yes we were poor. A friend took my son, who is nine, to the Chelsea open training session yesterday. 20,000 people at Stamford Bridge, he even got a wave from Peter Cech. Did he come back saying he wants to support Chelsea?

Of course not. He comes back home. my mate says I think he enjoyed it, but he's still Leicester isn't he. And what does my nine year old want to do tonight? Yep, he wants me to drive up the M1, 150 mile round trip, to watch our beloved Foxes.

Take a year or two off from supporting the City. Please. It's only the keeping loyal through these hideous times that makes the good times worth it. Remember watching top flight football in front of about 7,000 - 10,000 people at Filbo about 15 - 20 years ago? Now that was misery!

I'm as disappointed as anyone about Saturday's non event. But give up? Never.

Let's not get all 'tabloid newspaper headlines' over this and concentrate on the very aspect Thrac was pointing out. Personally I think he makes a good case for what is wrong with our club, it astounds me that after the performances in some of the warm up games he plumped for the side he did. I was hoping that Kelly may be more adept as listening to the fans' views which initially showed promise with the shipping out of Hamill, the attempts to offload De Vries, admittedly he re-signed Twatto but let's face it we need some left sided cover, note the word 'cover' not 'first teamer'. These initial hopes have been dampened somewhat by his selection and tactics in the first serious game of the season. I do read Thrac getting a lot of stick for his views but I do feel he is the voice at the back of most of our minds. We have such promising youth but are continually stifling it with a safety first, tried and tested (and failed) policies which are aimed at stopping the rot regardless of the fact that (allegedly good) players such as Tiatto, Maybury, and Williams have suffered huge criticism and are still in the first 11 after over a season of mediocrity. It's like cleaning your teeth with sh*t, it won't happen no matter how patient or how hard you brush. I just hope that the performances and development of such 1st team promising young players such as Stearman, Fryatt and Hume don't get affected as we need standards and structure to inpsire the next tier of Porter, O'Grady, Dodds, Weso, sheehan etc to make the grade and come through now more than ever.

This sums up what i'm thinking, I can't see RK changes his tactics anytime soon. The idea of a season of such negative football is not one i'm looking forward to at all. It must be very frustrating for Sheehan to see a CB playing LB and a very bad CB at that. The same goes for RW/LW. To have a balanced side players have to play in their proper postions.

Oh no i've been sucked into talking about leicester again....

This sums up what i'm thinking, I can't see RK changes his tactics anytime soon. The idea of a season of such negative football is not one i'm looking forward to at all. It must be very frustrating for Sheehan to see a CB playing LB and a very bad CB at that. The same goes for RW/LW. To have a balanced side players have to play in their proper postions.

Oh no i've been sucked into talking about leicester again....

Agreed, this is a major reason why I have not bought a season ticket, and has put me off buying a ticket for the ipswich match. I cannot see the point of spending money to watch boring, dire football, especially without the feel good factor of a win!!!!

If city continue down this path, there will be others like myself that will feel so dejected that they will do other activities on saturdays rather then watch there team.

Ofcourse, I feel like this now, and a victory tonite will change my feelings but I cannot see myself supporting another club!!!

Perhaps if the "loyal" supporters of our club made it clear they wouldn't put up with such dross then someone would make a genuine effort to do something about it.

Wimbledon.

Manchester United.

Fan protests, no matter how valid or not, do not work. There's not enough of you that feel the way you feel and you have no clout.

Managers would be sacked without chants, players dropped without campaigns.

You want to protest by staying away - go for it.

Trouble is staying away is a pretty lame lone protest and it doesn't work actually help the club. I guess some of us will just bleed inside in the end. And the club will scuffle along like a blind man who's lost his soul and lost his way.

Wimbledon.

Manchester United.

Fan protests, no matter how valid or not, do not work. There's not enough of you that feel the way you feel and you have no clout.

But fan power has succeeded in driving out two FOXES managers in two years.

While our actions then were justified, it is ridiculously premature to even contemplate doing the same with Rob Kelly.

Even during our promotion campaigns we had some bad days. Remember the 6-1 pasting we took off Ipswich? Yet at the end of the season we went up and they never even made the playoffs.

Those who jump to conclusions after just ONE game should take a long, hard look at themselves..

But fan power has succeeded in driving out two FOXES managers in two years.

While our actions then were justified, it is ridiculously premature to even contemplate doing the same with Rob Kelly.

Even during our promotion campaigns we had some bad days. Remember the 6-1 pasting we took off Ipswich? Yet at the end of the season we went up and they never even made the playoffs.

Those who jump to conclusions after just ONE game should take a long, hard look at themselves..

Like I say in another thread it's not just one game, it's not just one game, it's not just one game.

Like Kelly you're in denial.

We scored no goals against Sociedad, and no goals in the 2-0 defeat at Southampton. We've scored three goals in the last five League games and won one of them. That's four points from the last 15. We scored a miserable 51 goals last season. We finished 16th. We looked a good side only twice. Etc, etc, etc. It isn't one game. You just choose to pretend it's one game.

You just NEVER consider ALL the facts. It's not even that you never have good points to make. You do. It is just that you are so selective and so willing to ignore anything you don't want to consider that I always have to think twice before agreeing with you.

The one game reference is a smokescreeen and it's been said to you time and again. Now, tonight, we're promised more of the same and, of course, we might win. But it will NOT solve our problems.

Having Kisnorbo back might, hopefully, mean the most we'll concede is one goal but where will the supply for goals come from without significant surgery?

Enlighten me. I'd really love to know. And it's no use putting it on the bench. We might be losing before we have chance to use it.

If you dump a club, it proves you are a bandwagoner. So if you want to keep the joy of going for one team your whole life don't change. Charltons going to be gone this year if they keep their junk up.

after the way city has been run for the past few decades i wouldnt begrudge anybody saying stuff this , im off to support a professional club.

i support city year after year when i can afford it and keep hoping but even when things are going well you just know that the poeple that run city will screw up and we end up back at square one , no money , average second tier team and poor quality football.

thus it has been , thus it will be , lordy , lordy.

I'm not a glory hunter (Charlton are not exactly a big team and I’ll never really support them), I'm just becoming bored of insipid football I can handle defeat it is just the manner of the defeats that get to me. We don't play high tempo physical stuff nor do we play skilful football. I just want to see Leicester play some good football. I really do think we possess the players to do it. Hughes, Williams, Weso, Porter Dodds, O'Grady Hume Fryatt, Sheehan Stearman would all have a go. If Kelly really does want to protect his back four then play Weso next to AJ and play wingers with pace.

The prospect of another mid table finish is just a tad uninspiring

I'm not a glory hunter (Charlton are not exactly a big team and I’ll never really support them), I'm just becoming bored of insipid football I can handle defeat it is just the manner of the defeats that get to me. We don't play high tempo physical stuff nor do we play skilful football. I just want to see Leicester play some good football. I really do think we possess the players to do it. Hughes, Williams, Weso, Porter Dodds, O'Grady Hume Fryatt, Sheehan Stearman would all have a go. If Kelly really does want to protect his back four then play Weso next to AJ and play wingers with pace.

The prospect of another mid table finish is just a tad uninspiring

I know how you're feeling Finn Claw!

Trouble is staying away is a pretty lame lone protest and it doesn't work actually help the club. I guess some of us will just bleed inside in the end. And the club will scuffle along like a blind man who's lost his soul and lost his way.

Everyone knows blind people don't have souls.

With the possible exception of Stevie Wonder.

Archived