Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gamesmaster

is the birch value for money?

i dont like him, he's exceptionally patronising, like tonight with the callers on his new radio show.

when city are having a good spell, he's standing on the bandwagon. when were not doing so well, or he's trying to justify his pay packet, he'll bore me to tears with the past.

a prime example of the above, up untill about september last, he always come out at half time, since we dont do well, no where in sight. isnt it his job to get us going?

what is he paid, 500, 1000, how about a part time clown for 100?

should the stewards tell him to sit down shut up ;)

is it the lack of football fever getting me like this. i just cant think why we pay him.

i dont like him, he's exceptionally patronising, like tonight with the callers on his new radio show.

when city are having a good spell, he's standing on the bandwagon. when were not doing so well, or he's trying to justify his pay packet, he'll bore me to tears with the past.

a prime example of the above, up untill about september last, he always come out at half time, since we dont do well, no where in sight. isnt it his job to get us going?

is it the lack of football fever getting me like this. i just cant think why we pay him.

I don't like the guy, but he serves a purpose with the Club. Quite why he is given a public forum to air his ignornace or Working Men's Club 'humour' is beyond me, be it on the mic at home games or on Radio Leicester.

I find him about as funny as a land mine and he is a typical old footballer hanging on the coat-tails of the game because he never got the riches the current day buffoons get.

That said he is more Leicster than Jo Bucci, Dim Tim or Ronald McDonald.

Hard one to answer this, sometimes at half time I just think, for god’s sake Burch shut up man, your talking drivel, other times I just don’t even listen and others I just have to laugh at him.

Is he worth the wages IMO..No

I personally wouldn’t miss him and what ever wages on (and I bet it’s not a pittance) could be used towards the wage bill.

HOWEVER. He has done a lot of great thing in the past, fund raising, helping the new players settle in etc and that should never be written off and I respect the guy greatly for that

What I will settle for is that he never goes on the Monday Night Moan in again please.

I think people get on Birch's back too much. He's not there to be a voice-piece for the fans, he is someone who is closely involved with the club and aims to inject optimism and passion.

I think we should cherish him not lambast him.

Hard one to answer this, sometimes at half time I just think, for god’s sake Burch shut up man, your talking drivel, other times I just don’t even listen and others I just have to laugh at him.

Is he worth the wages IMO..No

I personally wouldn’t miss him and what ever wages on (and I bet it’s not a pittance) could be used towards the wage bill.

HOWEVER. He has done a lot of great thing in the past, fund raising, helping the new players settle in etc and that should never be written off and I respect the guy greatly for that

What I will settle for is that he never goes on the Monday Night Moan in again please.

good point about the wage bill, it could be spent on the team, thats gota be more important.

what he's done for charity has not helped us get in the prem, its not our OBE, we cant sell it for rob's transfer kitty :)

we have numerous staff at the club who can help players settle, players manager and coaches for a start.

I fail to see what on earth has rattled your cage, or any other Birch "haters" for that matter. Are you all so sad and demented that a harmless ex-player becomes the subject of such stupid criticism. Sign of the times I suppose........

I fail to see what on earth has rattled your cage, or any other Birch "haters" for that matter. Are you all so sad and demented that a harmless ex-player becomes the subject of such stupid criticism. Sign of the times I suppose........

I'm not a Burch Hater!! - Have spoken to him one or twice when passing the stadium and when he was out training for his end of season charity run (offered him encouragement in fact) and I don't thinks any of us who has post here have said we do hate him - all I was doing was offering my opinion on whether he was value for money, and I said no… that’s all

Birch is part of our history and a true legend, he has been a hardworking loyal servant of the club for more years than I care to remember. He does a lot behind the scenes and I would hate to see the end of his contribution to the club. Maybe I'm biased as I saw him play with the Bloomfield boys and I loved that side, but I do know that he is City through and through

I've worked with him and i've not liked him since then... he comes from the roy chubby brown/benard manning school of comedy.

He's certainly not funny or inspiring to the crowd. But he's done some good things and is probably the least of our worries right now.

Didn’t someone on here famously say ' I’ve got 101 problems and Birch ain’t one’

But for me personally I find Birch more irritating than amusing. I think he should sling his hook

lol

Didn’t someone on here famously say ' I’ve got 101 problems and Birch ain’t one’

But for me personally I find Birch more irritating than amusing. I think he should sling his hook

lollol

Agreed, I usually never listen to his banter...i'm usually drinking that really cold cats piss they call beer!!!! I don't know whats worse birch or the beer!!!!

lol

lollol

Agreed, I usually never listen to his banter...i'm usually drinking that really cold cats piss they call beer!!!! I don't know whats worse birch or the beer!!!!

Tough one! The thing with the beer is that they pour it out and just leave on the side so it gets really warm. Then some fat greasy ginger bird puts her fingers in it, and the plastic cups they use are probably picked out the bins and used again. What happened to bottles they use to serve? Now all you get for £3.50 is a watered down flat pint of cats piss.

Tough one! The thing with the beer is that they pour it out and just leave on the side so it gets really warm. Then some fat greasy ginger bird puts her fingers in it, and the plastic cups they use are probably picked out the bins and used again. What happened to bottles they use to serve? Now all you get for £3.50 is a watered down flat pint of cats piss.

That would be to add some flavour\taste to the cat piss!!! :(

Those floating bits at bottom of are from when they scratch their arses and the bits of poo from their fingers fall into your pint glass.

Ummmmmm yummy :huh: MF, i think i'm gonna have to listen to birch's shite instead of that cat piss, you sure birch doesn't get his hands in the pint glass to put us of it, so we are forced to listen to him!!! :(

Ummmmmm yummy :huh: MF, i think i'm gonna have to listen to birch's shite instead of that cat piss, you sure birch doesn't get his hands in the pint glass to put us of it, so we are forced to listen to him!!! :(

More than likely before each home game he goes round all the kiosks and tampers with each of the beer kegs. So when nobody wants to drink the cats piss beer and would rather stay in theirs seats at half time he says to executives 'Look at all the people staying on stands to watch me at half time'

More than likely before each home game he goes round all the kiosks and tampers with each of the beer kegs. So when nobody wants to drink the cats piss beer and would rather stay in theirs seats at half time he says to executives 'Look at all the people staying on stands to watch me at half time'

I also heard that Birch recruits the kiosk staff, and makes sure there all ignoramious's with limited english or gingers to put us off aswell. And he is also the buyer for the beer, and purposely buys the cat piss!!! :(

Not quite sure how you can question whether he is "value for money" when none of us know how much he is getting paid by the club ....

Personally, I think some of his banter is sometimes quite good, yet sometimes quite bad. Like everyone he has his good days and his bad - but who else is out there willing to do the same "job"?

Some of the half time "entertainment" at other clubs is equally as poor / boring / dour / embarassing or even worse.

If you don't like him, don't listen to him and just ignore him - simple really.

Archived