Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Burnley Player Ratings

Tiatto wasn't that bad. He was caught out of position a bit and was relucatnt to use the wing to the byline but at least he showed some passion and fight to win the ball.

Many others out there tonight did not so I think a 2 is totally unfair.

Tiatto wasn't that bad. He was caught out of position a bit and was relucatnt to use the wing to the byline but at least he showed some passion and fight to win the ball.

He doesn't seem to understand the whole overlapping thing or making runs down the line which is pretty essential for a winger you've gotta admit...

I think you've been very brief!

Seriously, what was the crack tonight. Light at the end of the tunnel? Or is the light just the League One Express?

Its abit early for relegation talk ( not that it will stop some on here ) but if it doesn't improve we are in trouble.

Hendo - 6 - Did enough

Stearman - 5 - What's with all the ****ing hoofing, it's al lhe did all night.

Kenton - 7 - Looked solid

McCarthy - 6 - Solid enough, I thought the defence in general looked decent

Kisnorbo - 6 - Ditto

Maybury - 4 - It was his crapness that gave Burbley the freekick they scored from and throught he looked shaky and poor.

Tiatto - 4 - Crap, scared to go forward and his passing was bad. Offered nothing.

Williams - 5 - A few nice touches but looked lazy again and it was his bad pass and foul to lead to Burnleys free-kick.

Johnson - 5 - Looked slow and never took a hold of the game.

Hume - 4 - Tried hard but sustain posseion and looked dodgy

Fryatt - 4 - Poor, did a few good things but without decent service he doesn't stand a chance.

Low - 7 - Changed the game with his eagerness, looked promising.

Hughes - 5 - Hardly noticed he was there.

Hammond - 5 - Ball watched but offered more attacking options.

It's all well having 'passion', but if you're a liability like Tiatto was, then a score of 2 is justified.

The problem with singling just one player for criticism tonight is it's a bit like looking at a pile of dogshit & saying 'that bit doesn't look very nice'

Collectively inept & devoid of any creativity

Its abit early for relegation talk ( not that it will stop some on here ) but if it doesn't improve we are in trouble.

Course it is. Didnt Sunderland start the season really badly a couple of years ago and managed to turn things around? And Palace the year before that were in a real mess after the first dozen games and still managed to have a decent run which finished in promotion. Theres still plenty of games to go and plenty of time to turn it around. If it was christmas and we were in this position then yes, lets all panic but the season is still only 4 days old!

I wouldn't be so worried if we actually looked like scoring. We haven't created anything of note in terms of a decent goal scoring chance from open play in 180 minutes of football.

That scares me.

I wouldn't be so worried if we actually looked like scoring. We haven't created anything of note in terms of a decent goal scoring chance from open play in 180 minutes of football.

That scares me.

Well yes that is worrying but we have hit the woodwork 3 times now in two games.....

I know what you mean though. I think back to the goal Fryatt scored after 9 seconds last season and the way we just cut through the defence. And Humes goal away at Brighton where he rounded the keeper.... we just dont look like being able to create chances like that anymore despite the fact that its practically the same bunch of players out there. Makes you wonder what they've been up to all pre-season!

Take a look at our next 5 away games, I can't see us picking up many points in those unless a total change in either tactics or management is made. There is no two ways about it, we must begin to pick up points at home starting Saturday otherwise we'll start becoming adrift at the bottom even at this early stage in the season... <_<

Henderson - 6, typical "I'm a bit shakey but I'm better than Rab" performance.

Stearman - 5, he tried his best, sometimes when its all gone pete tong, your hardest looks poor.

Kisnorbo - 4, he remined me of his midfielding days :ph34r:

Kenton - 7 *MOTM*, leicester's MOTM

Paddy Mac - 5, hardly leading by example right now, can he handle being captain? No.

Tiatto - 4, someone's chicken is missing a head

Williams - 2, if only we could turn back time...like to the day before he signed.

Johnson - 6, i thought he cared. care worker ability??

Maybury - 5, did a couple of good things but when confidence is shot in the team...

Hume - 5, our best player is NOT USED to his strengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fryatt - 5, his poorest game so far, although did try, next time buddy.

Hughes - 3, show him a map that leads back to scotland.

Low - 6, very difficult for someone like him to shine, and he showed composure.

Hammond - 5, i'd start this pace of life next game.

Kelly - 1, he should go now.

I wasn't actually at the game but from the way the commentator made it sound, Low and Hammond changed the shape of the game completely and we were a much better side going forward with the two of them on, so why does RK start them on the bench and play defenders there??

What did Tiatto actually do right?

You mean apart from playing in the right half of the pitch, trying to make things happen in a midfield that drags everyone's rating down, putting the ball forward, looking busy and generally looking like he wants to play next week? With Tiatto on the pitch we looked like we had a chance of equalising. When Elvis came on, that stopped.

We have a good player who's being singled out for things that aren't his fault and a rating of 2 is an insult and a pisstake.

Tiatto did a couple of good things, one was charging down the keeper and he dis swing in 1 decent ball. However apart from he did nothing but pass the ball back, lose the ball and look like the 1 legged pirate he is.

You mean apart from playing in the right half of the pitch, trying to make things happen in a midfield that drags everyone's rating down, putting the ball forward, looking busy and generally looking like he wants to play next week? With Tiatto on the pitch we looked like we had a chance of equalising. When Elvis came on, that stopped.

We have a good player who's being singled out for things that aren't his fault and a rating of 2 is an insult and a pisstake.

Playing in the right half of the pitch? Ha, he seems to have a phobia of the left side.

Trying to make things happen? Players in midfield are supposed to do that, but Tiatto offered nothing in an attacking sense.

Putting the ball forward? Yep, usually on to the head on a Burnley defender.

Looking busy? Yes, a headless chicken.

A rating of 2 isn't a pisstake. It's a reflection of how poor he was.

I wasn't actually at the game but from the way the commentator made it sound, Low and Hammond changed the shape of the game completely and we were a much better side going forward with the two of them on, so why does RK start them on the bench and play defenders there??

He's scared, weve had cautious managers since....since i can remember, even martin was cautious, but he had oodles of carisma.

I think our club is run by spinless individuals who dont know what a good manager is. they get someone in for an interview, and as long as the guy speaks nicely, there up for the job.

We need fight, hunger, desire. see that in kelly, not a drop.

He's scared, weve had cautious managers since....since i can remember, even martin was cautious, but he had oodles of carisma.

I think our club is run by spinless individuals who dont know what a good manager is. they get someone in for an interview, and as long as the guy speaks nicely, there up for the job.

Kelly has took all the blame in the post match interview, rightly so as it's his poor tactics that is the main reason we are in this mess.

However I do have a lot of respect for Kelly and I'm sure (not certain) he will sort things out and get us playing to our potential.

I've been saying that on here since the Luton game and people have been telling me it doesn't really make a difference whether we have it or not...

Low came on today and showed everyone that he can perform and he wants to do it, which is more than what most of the team have done in 180 minutes so far

Unless RK gets his act together, he'll just turn into CL's double and we'll be in the sh*t again before you know it :mad:

Archived