Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Burnley Player Ratings

Hendo 6.

Stearman 6 - An improvment on Saturday, but not up to scratch.

Kenton 7 - Did well again.

McCarthy 7 - Tried to lead by example, got Kisnorbo out the shit, beaten for pace a lot though.

Kisnorbo - 5 Very sloppy.

Maybury - 5 just isn't a right winger.

Tiatto - 4 drifts out of position, loses the ball, shit touches... the list goes on.

Williams - 6 some decent touches, but some very lazy touches.

Johnson - 6 Never stopped running, slopp though.

Hume - 5 Out of sorts

Fryatt - 6 Very well marked, meaning he had little.

Jlo - 7 looked good and dangerous when he came on.

Hughes 6 - drifted in and out, stayed a lot deeper though.

Hammond 6 - Not much chance to show what he could do.

Hendo - 6

Stearman - 5

Kenton - 6

McCarthy - 6

Kisnorbo - 5

Maybury - 3

Tiatto - 3

Williams - 7

Johnson - 4

Hume - 3

Fryatt - 4

Low - 6

Hughes - 5

Hammond 5

Another embarrassing performance, but I thought some of Williams' first touch passing tonight was a joy to watch.

Hendo - 6

Stearman - 5

Kenton - 6

McCarthy - 6

Kisnorbo - 5

Maybury - 3

Tiatto - 3

Williams - 7

Johnson - 4

Hume - 3

Fryatt - 4

Low - 6

Hughes - 5

Hammond 5

Another embarrassing performance, but I thought some of Williams' first touch passing tonight was a joy to watch.

Me too. I was disappointed to see him go off but apparently he's got a knock. At least he was slightly positive.

Hendo - 5 still not convincing with crosses or comand of his area

stearman - 6 did ok had some horribly high swirlng balls to deal with

mccarthy - 6 solid and commited

kisnorbo - 5 looked shaky should improve

kenton - 8 got forward well, did well at the back MOTM

maybury - 6 average didnt really contribute

johnson - 6 comitted, got stuck in

williams - 6 some decent touches

tiatto - 5 doesnt seem to be able to kick atm

hume - 7 good control was lively

fryatt - 6 silly booking did well

subs

hughes - 4 did absolutly nothing

low - 7 did well, comitted defenders got crosses in, needs to start on sat IMO

elvis - 5 struggled to get into the game

Hendo 7 - made some good saves. Not at fault although still dodgy kicking

Stearman 5 - doesnt look with it at the moment

Kenton 7 - Our best player again!

McCarthy 6 - Was ok. Didnt do anything majorly wrong

Kisnorbo 5 - His hoofs up the pitch were awful!

Maybury 5 - average

Tiatto 5 - Wish he would stay on the bloody wing!!!

Williams 6 - some decent touches, but disappears to much from games

Johnson 4 - im just not impressed by him at all.

Hume - 4 - Didnt seem in it at all

Fryatt - 5 - Tried to do it all on his own even on the rare occasions that support was there. Stupid for kicking the ball away like that

Low - 7 - looks a decent player. Shame we have no one who can head the sodding ball and get on the end of his crosses!

Hughes 5 - didnt notice he was playing!

Hammond 5 - One good shot.... apart from that, didnt notice him

Hendo - 5 - didn't do much & didn't do it with any conviction. Should've spent the summer at kicking camp.

Stearman - 5 - distribution was dreadful again but not really helped by a total lack of movement from anyone in front of him.

Paddy Mac - 7 - only a couple of shaky moments. Reasonably solid otherwise.

Kisnorbo - 5 - showed a lack of match practice by putting us in the shit a few times, too slow in possession.

Kenton - 7 - decent game, although got sucked into the centre a bit too much. Usually to clear up after Kisnorbo.

Tiatto - 3 - a joke, nuff said

Johnson - 4 - no creativity with his distribution, but again you can't polish a turd, where was the movement from others to help him? for a central midfielder he seems to shirk out of a lot of challenges.

Williams - 6 - didn't think he'd had that bad a half. Some nice first-time balls to people, the only player who actually tried this. Wimps out of as many challenges as humanly possible though.

Maybury - 4 - out of position, doesn't really know what to do/what positions to get into, highlighted by the fact that J'Lo had the whole right side to himself when he came on but Maybury failed to get into half a yard of space all evening.

Hughes - 5 - ran up blind alleys & gave the ball away.

Hume - 5 - abysmal service to him, he was never gonna win many headers against their centre backs. Tried to do too much when he did get it & missed some decent runs by teammates.

Fryatt - 5 - as above for Hume, not exactly playing to his strengths with hoof-ball. Kicking the ball away was stupid.

Hammond - 5 - headless chicken, didn't make much impact.

J'Lo - 7 - could've had a picnic in the acres of grass he had, never likely to be disturbed by the vision of his teammates passing. When he did get it he looked dangerous. RK surely has no choice but to play him on saturday, put in more crosses than the rest of the team put together in both matches and they at least looked like causing problems rather than the aimless hoofs prior to his arrival.

Henderson-7

Stearman-3 - Hoof

McCarthy-6

Kisnorbo-4 - almost cost us a goal

Kenton-7

Maybury-3 does he no hes allowed to pass the halfway line?

Williams-7-good passing

Johnson-4 -didnt show up

Tiatto-4

Hume-5

Fryatt-6-showing frustation!

Henderson - 5 - Can't kick for shi* if todays game is anything to go by unless he was intentionally aiming for Hume. His ability in the air is questionable also although he did pull off some good close range saves (as a result of incompetent defending).

Stearman - 5 - Lacked positive ball control in the first half, made 1 header imparticular where he nearly fell over and it could have gone anywhere. Rash challenged that could have seen higher cautions than he recieved.

Kenton - 7 - Did what he could and chased up many problems caused by dodgy centre halfs. Didn't see much in an attacking sense though.

Kisnorbo - 3 - I can't give any higher. sorry. Not once but twice put us in extreme danger by turning back to his own goal but wasn't punished. He punted the ball towards Hume in a Hendersonish manner. His worst performance in a city shirt to date IMO.

McCarthy - 6 - Looked dodgy alongside Kisnorbo in places but then aain who wouldn't. Responsible for punting and not moving the ball quick enough ALONG THE GROUND in the second half.

Tiatto - 5 - I think he's a scapegoat sometimes. Wasn't THAT bad tonight except he seemed very reluctant to pass kenton on the wing which limited our options in attack.

Maybury - 6 - PLEASE - he is a good right back, better at defending than stearman but worse attacking. Swap them, it's simple. A void of pace means he can't progress down the byline.

Williams - 4 - SIR GARETH WILLIAMS. lazy....thinks he is premiership class...he's not..he wasn't tonight...i have no time for him at the minute.

Johnson - 7 - Solid signing who can do his job at championship level. He wont score many but then again that isn't his priority. I like this guy. Can pass simply and keeps the ball.

Fryatt - 6 - Undoubtedly talented but tonight seemed off tune. Was stupid to recieve a booking for punting the ball away. Wayne Thomas did a good job on him tonight, I take my hat off to him.

Hume - 5 - Greedy tonight and again off tune. Burnley played deep to nullify his pace behind them which worked. He was given the ball in the air all night and that isn't a winner for him.

Subs

Low - 7 - Did well, got the ball in a few times. Seemed like we actually had a winger.

Hughes - 5 - Was he on? He did nothing!

Hammond - 6 - Looked up for it but dropped too much to get the ball. We need him upfront to to give him a chance to repeat his pre-season form.

Johnson - 7 - Solid signing who can do his job at championship level. He wont score many but then again that isn't his priority. I like this guy. Can pass simply and keeps the ball.

I was thinking the exact opposite!! I dont rate him at all from what ive seen over the last two games. Had really high hopes for him and that he'd do a good job for his but so far ive not been impressed!

Kisnorbo - 3 - I can't give any higher. sorry. Not once but twice put us in extreme danger by turning back to his own goal but wasn't punished. He punted the ball towards Hume in a Hendersonish manner. His worst performance in a city shirt to date IMO

Steady now, he made a couple of mistakes that could've proved costly but got away with them. How quickly you have forgotten some of his centre midfield performances from last season!

I think perhaps people look at Johnson as Joeys replacement. I try not to as Johnson is not that type of player at all.

He reminds me of Bill McKinaly when he was here a few years ago. Keeps things simple and tries his best. I think it's his respective partners that need to get their acts together and provide/support our strikers.

Henderson 5 - some decent saves, dreadful distribution though.

Stearman 2 - should have been dropped after Saturday, was even worse today.

McCarthy 5 - decent marking job on Jones, couldn't pass the ball to save his life though.

Kisnorbo 3 - worst performance since Levein left. Looked very rusty.

Kenton 7 - man of the Match AGAIN (surely even Billy Liar must be able to see that). Should play at right-back though.

Maybury 4 - offered nothing. Did he ever go past the halfway line?

Williams 4 - decent free-kick early on, then nothing, until conceding the freekick for Burnley's winner.

Johnson 4 - sat back far too much, had no influence on game whatsoever

Tiatto 4 - usual headless chicken, at least managed to avoid booking. :o

Hume 4 - tried to beat defence on his own too many times, without success

Fryatt 5 - worked hard but had no service whatsoever.

Subs

Hughes 3 - completely wasted his big chance

Low 5 - managed to get head on a few hoofs from defence, should have hit target with shot though.

Hammond 4 - ineffective.

I think perhaps people look at Johnson as Joeys replacement. I try not to as Johnson is not that type of player at all.

He reminds me of Bill McKinaly when he was here a few years ago. Keeps things simple and tries his best. I think it's his respective partners that need to get their acts together and provide/support our strikers.

I saw him as a ball winner who'd play the simple passes but play them well. Wouldnt bomb forward or anything but would be playing Fryatt and Hume in with some neat balls..... maybe i was hoping for to much though! :(

Steady now, he made a couple of mistakes that could've proved costly but got away with them. How quickly you have forgotten some of his centre midfield performances from last season!

Sorry, I meant playing at DC. It's my opinion that getting away with them is irrelevant. It was someone elses task to cover them up. He did not amend for his mistakes tonight.

This isn't to say I don't think he will come back strong but tonight he was way off the pace.

I was thinking the exact opposite!! I dont rate him at all from what ive seen over the last two games. Had really high hopes for him and that he'd do a good job for his but so far ive not been impressed!

i think the same.no pace,no ideas.

Henderson - 4 - I'm sure the crap he had slung at him tonight is REALLY going to help his future performances. :rolleyes:

Stearman - 7 - On the end of everything into the box in the first half, and ran his guts out for the whole game. 100% committed to the cause.

Kenton - 6 - Passable and aware

Kisnorbo - 6

McCarthy - 6

Tiatto - 7 - Danny was bloody great in the first half, getting stuck in to make up for the absence of anything in the middle of midfield. His replacement ended anything down the left flank.

Maybury - 5 - Started well but faded too quickly

Williams - 5 - Too slow, too weak

Johnson - 5 - Too slow, too slow and ...hang on ... where is he?

Fryatt - 6 - Was well handled by their defense and nullified him

Hume - 7 - Chasing, fighting, running - I was dead pleased with Huuuume.

Subs

Low - 7 - Instantly sparked something on the pitch and played in excellent crosses

Hughes - 5 - Made no difference

Hammond - 5 - Made no difference

I'd give Stearman MOTM

I thought Williams was the best of a very bad lot in the first half but I'm not wasting anymore valuable time giving them scores that none of them deserved.

Henderson - 5

Stearman - 4

McCarthy - 5

Kisnorbo - 5

Kenton - 6

Maybury - 3

Williams - 6

Johnson - 4

Tiatto - 2

Hume - 4

Fryatt - 5

Subs:

Low - 5

Hammond - 4

Hughes - 4

Can't be arsed to comment individually on the players. Collectively inept. No cohesion, movement, ideas, width or pace.

Henderson - 5

Stearman - 4

McCarthy - 5

Kisnorbo - 5

Kenton - 6

Maybury - 3

Williams - 6

Johnson - 4

Tiatto - 2

Hume - 4

Fryatt - 5

Subs:

Low - 5

Hammond - 4

Hughes - 4

Can't be arsed to comment individually on the players. Collectively inept. No cohesion, movement, ideas, width or pace.

Take it you had a good birthday then mate? :doh:

Henderson - 6, typical "I'm a bit shakey but I'm better than Rab" performance.

Stearman - 5, meh

Kisnorbo - 4, shockingly poor when he was bad, average at best

Kenton - 7 *MOTM*, Made up for the above two's bad performance. A staple in the defence this season

Paddy Mac - 5, hardly leading by example right now, can he handle being captain?

Tiatto - 7, Brilliant, attracting a lot of unjust critisism right now

Williams - 5, taking set pieces is all he does, bring Hughes in.

Johnson - 4, needs to help in bringing the ball forward. Almost as bad as Sylla at times

Maybury - 5, did a couple of good things but needs to be dropped on Saturday

Hume - 5, no service

Fryatt - 5, no service, tried to create something and played carrying a knock, needed to go off.

Hughes - 5, I'd support him coming in for Williams or AJ as an experiment, but he didn't do much.

Low - 6.5, looked very promising and wanted to come forward. Should play on Saturday.

Hammond - 5, didn't do much and shouldn't make Tiatto worry about his place.

Archived