Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chesterfox

Convince me!

I have never felt more like removing myself from this forum than the last three weeks. Don't get me wrong - I am open minded and open to persuasion - not living in the fair city and not getting to as many games as I would like- perhaps there are things going on that I am unaware of. But are we really that bad? From reading many posts on here over the last 10 days, I;ve become suicidal!!! Complaints range from not enough new shirts on a Mercury photo to a conspiracy theory involving anybody connected to the club. Now I know we have lost the first two matches and apparently didn't even look like winning, but are we really that bad? I'll\ be there tomorrow and will be shouting them on till I can't shout any more- but come onvirtually every aspect of the club has been criticised - smell the coffee - we have no money, no star players, no prospects of getting anybody and no sugar daddy.

After tomorrow's game I hope I am as optimistic but surely we are not that bad???

:yawn:

I am in a very similar position to you. I shall make my own judgement tomorrow.

The annoying thing is that I really do believe that if we could just click togther then we have a team capable of beating anyone in this league. Tactically maybe we do need to be more cunning (3-5-2 - Please!!!) but I still believe.

Come on the Foxes!!!

no , were not that bad but we arent great either.

average is the word that best describes city now , just an average team that could reach the play-offs or be relegated but will most probably end up mid-table.

no money and a board that lacks initiative or ambition.

i cant see us beating ipswich , they have been a bit of a bogey team though the threat of relegation so early in the season might force the players to pull their fingers out and start competing again.

Yes we are utter bollocks.

Two games in, no wins, no draws, 2 defeats, 3 goals conceeded, 2 from set pieces, and we've had 2 Williams free kicks tipped on to the bar. That is the sum of our efforts thus far.

After that we've been chasing the rather mediocre Luton & Burnley shadows.

Yes we are utter bollocks.

Two games in, no wins, no draws, 2 defeats, 3 goals conceeded, 2 from set pieces, and we've had 2 Williams free kicks tipped on to the bar. That is the sum of our efforts thus far.

After that we've been chasing the rather mediocre Luton & Burnley shadows.

Be fair, we hit the bar aswell :thumbup::whistle:

Well we have only played 2 games so far but from what I have seen yes we really are that rubbish, but didn't you see our first game on sky? If so surly you can take some view and idea of have rubbish we are from that game? Anyway we can't keep saying this else it'll just go on and on but its become a phrase we all know from the past few season..."We've only played x games"

As for people moaning yes, I agree, its a joke, and it makes you feel suicidal, I have actually really wanted to leave this forum over the last few weeks becuase of the moaning that has gone on, and complaining and slagging off, but then I realised what a joke and how funny it actually was/is...

People say I moan but I know for a fact I don't moan that much, Fair enough the team/players deserve slagging off - What have the shown us to get praise for? Nothing and I can't take the slagging and moaning about the team and players, but stupid little threads about dirty seats, shirts, the one year deal, ticket pricing, the lack of fans turning up, e.t.c...:yawn:

To be fair there hasn't been alot to be postive about over the last 18 months.

Totally agree but when people starting posting and moaning (And I don't just mean 1 post I mean loads of posts about the subject) about dirty seats, shirts, the one year deal, e.t.c. it becomes a joke. I wouldn't mind one post or even a few about the one year shirt deal but we're not talking a few are we? We're talking loads is a one year shirt deal really that depressing? Or Dirty Seats? In one breath people are saying why are we paying so many people, why have we got needless staff on the wage bill, then the next post is saying we need more cleaners my seat we dirty...

what everyone has to take into consideration is that weve been bad against two average Championship sides. Ipswich lost to Wolves and Palace. So although weve both lost our first two games thy have played far better oppostion. I hope that the season can get started tomorrow but I still have my doubts.

I'd like to think that removing Tiatto abd Maybury from the team could solve all our problems but I dont believe it will. There is no adequate replacement for left wing and whilst Low looked good on Tuesday who knows whether he can give a performance like that from the start.

There is also the problem that far too many players have underperformed in the first 2 games. This worries me the most and unless they raise the game expect a draw at best against Ipswich

no , were not that bad but we arent great either.

average is the word that best describes city now , just an average team that could reach the play-offs or be relegated but will most probably end up mid-table.

no money and a board that lacks initiative or ambition.

i cant see us beating ipswich , they have been a bit of a bogey team though the threat of relegation so early in the season might force the players to pull their fingers out and start competing again.

I'd love to think we were average but it would be delusional. We are bottom of the League. We are one of only three teams who haven't scored and even the Real Sociedad game (another 0-0) showed that we won't score enough goals (if any!) with a team that's overbalanced with defenders.

Luton and Burnley were nothing special but at Luton we nearly scored from a free-kick and failed to create one genuine opening.

Against Burnley we nearly scored from another free kick and from a bit of Fryatt individualism but, again, failed to create anything until we were losing and until attackers Hammond and Lowe were introduced near the end.

Kelly was quoted today building up towards the Ipswich game.

What I expected was something along the following lines.

"First thing I'd like to do is apologise to the fans. I did good things to keep us up but I see now that's now the way forward. I don't want to be remembered as another Sven or Levein Mark 11.

"I've had a rethink. I might be proved wrong again but no-one will be able to say I was too stubborn to change and no-one will be able to say we didn't have a go.

"I chose a defensive team because some of our talented youngsters weren't quite ready in my view and because I didn't want to destroy their confidence by exposing them to difficult situations and finding them wanting.

"Well they've got to face pressure sometime and a) I've decided to make sure we have enough attacking balance in every side, b) I'm going to involve people like Dodds, Porter and others in every squad and c) I'm going to make sure we have proper wide players and proper creative midfield players supporting our strikers.

"I would like fans to bear with me. This is not the approach we have generally taken and individuals might take a little time to be comfortable.

"But we are going to play with a smile. No we don't intend to be anyone's soft touch. But, when we win the ball we are going to try to do something with it and try to make sure there's enough people around to sustain attacks.

"Bottom line, we gonna make you want to watch us. When we get the ball we're going to spread the play, show some belief, use some imagination and try to spread a little joy.

"We'll need your support when things go wrong. But we're not going to sit on the foot of this league without a whimper and like an apology for a football team. Tomorrow will be the start of a new era and if we fall short we'll try again and after that we'll try again.

If you raise the roof for us it'll help and, for our part, we'll try to do all we can on the field to encourage you."

The clouds have gone, the sun's coming out and we're looking forward to a new life. A new Leicester City that you can all be proud of."

No no no. We are terrible because of the way we are playing. Simply PASSING the ball to he forwards would create a huge difference, im sure if that were done a lot more opportunites would arise. You saw when Fryatt got the ball at his feet, he turned and placed it into corner, yes he was offside but it shows what he can do when he has the ball

I'd like to think that removing Tiatto abd Maybury from the team could solve all our problems but I dont believe it will. There is no adequate replacement for left wing and whilst Low looked good on Tuesday who knows whether he can give a performance like that from the start.

Porter, Hughes and to a lesser extent Hammond can all play on the left and far better than Tiatto, at the same time Low's showing was only for 15 minutes the other night but without playing him you wont have any idea how well he might or might not do what is a natural winger like Low is far better placed to excel on that wing than a full back like Maybury who cant see beyond the half way line... the same goes for Porter, Hughes or Hammond on the left the key differance being that while Maybury is a good full back, Tiatto is just a poor player all round (always has been), you cant be sentimental about these things the midfield is our problem areas principly the wings where one poor and one out of postion player are simply not doing their job, at the same time and to a lesser extent we lack creativity on in CM but thats a secondary concern compared to the shambles on the wings.

Will changes on the wings solve all our problems? No but it will go a long way to solving a major factor in a poor recent performance.

Porter, Hughes and to a lesser extent Hammond can all play on the left and far better than Tiatto, at the same time Low's showing was only for 15 minutes the other night but without playing him you wont have any idea how well he might or might not do what is a natural winger like Low is far better placed to excel on that wing than a full back like Maybury who cant see beyond the half way line... the same goes for Porter, Hughes or Hammond on the left the key differance being that while Maybury is a good full back, Tiatto is just a poor player all round (always has been), you cant be sentimental about these things the midfield is our problem areas principly the wings where one poor and one out of postion player are simply not doing their job, at the same time and to a lesser extent we lack creativity on in CM but thats a secondary concern compared to the shambles on the wings.

Will changes on the wings solve all our problems? No but it will go a long way to solving a major factor in a poor recent performance.

so you agree with me anyway.

Hughes is only ever average on the left, Hammond is a striker and Porter is young and untried

so you agree with me anyway.

Afraid not :) ... changes on the wings would go a long way to improving our prospects, frankly if Porter is untried then try the the lad (!) at least he's a winger rather than a past-it defensive midfeilder.

The only way we can improve, notch up pionts and score goals is if we play offensivley and grant our strikers the support they need, our current midfeild simply doesnt do this and the bulk of the responsibility rests with the midfeild principly the wings, rings the changes on the wings and you'll see improvments.

I'd love to think we were average but it would be delusional. We are bottom of the League. We are one of only three teams who haven't scored and even the Real Sociedad game (another 0-0) showed that we won't score enough goals (if any!) with a team that's overbalanced with defenders.

Luton and Burnley were nothing special but at Luton we nearly scored from a free-kick and failed to create one genuine opening.

Against Burnley we nearly scored from another free kick and from a bit of Fryatt individualism but, again, failed to create anything until we were losing and until attackers Hammond and Lowe were introduced near the end.

Kelly was quoted today building up towards the Ipswich game.

What I expected was something along the following lines.

"First thing I'd like to do is apologise to the fans. I did good things to keep us up but I see now that's now the way forward. I don't want to be remembered as another Sven or Levein Mark 11.

"I've had a rethink. I might be proved wrong again but no-one will be able to say I was too stubborn to change and no-one will be able to say we didn't have a go.

"I chose a defensive team because some of our talented youngsters weren't quite ready in my view and because I didn't want to destroy their confidence by exposing them to difficult situations and finding them wanting.

"Well they've got to face pressure sometime and a) I've decided to make sure we have enough attacking balance in every side, b) I'm going to involve people like Dodds, Porter and others in every squad and c) I'm going to make sure we have proper wide players and proper creative midfield players supporting our strikers.

"I would like fans to bear with me. This is not the approach we have generally taken and individuals might take a little time to be comfortable.

"But we are going to play with a smile. No we don't intend to be anyone's soft touch. But, when we win the ball we are going to try to do something with it and try to make sure there's enough people around to sustain attacks.

"Bottom line, we gonna make you want to watch us. When we get the ball we're going to spread the play, show some belief, use some imagination and try to spread a little joy.

"We'll need your support when things go wrong. But we're not going to sit on the foot of this league without a whimper and like an apology for a football team. Tomorrow will be the start of a new era and if we fall short we'll try again and after that we'll try again.

If you raise the roof for us it'll help and, for our part, we'll try to do all we can on the field to encourage you."

The clouds have gone, the sun's coming out and we're looking forward to a new life. A new Leicester City that you can all be proud of."

If you really actually expected him to say that I suggest you pack it all in now.

Expected was as in "thought he should say" but perhaps "hoped for" would have been more appropriate. :whistle:

Dreamt would be even more realistic :P

Dreamt would be even more realistic :P

As in ultimate fantasy.... :)

Are you dropping a hint to Kelly with that new Avatar?.

Far too much skill in my view. He doesn't like fancy dans. My you getting your head on the ball has to give you a chance! :thumbup::thumbup:

As in ultimate fantasy.... :)

Are you dropping a hint to Kelly with that new Avatar?.

Far too much skill in my view. He doesn't like fancy dans. My you getting your head on the ball has to give you a chance! :thumbup::thumbup:

Mr Gibson changing his avatar is wrong, I live in a world where they are people who change their avatars (Kayteh, Master Fox, Cat Burger ) and people who don't ( myself, Tharcian, Ric Flair)

This is totally messing with my head.

Mr Gibson changing his avatar is wrong, I live in a world where they are people who change their avatars (Kayteh, Master Fox, Cat Burger ) and people who don't ( myself, Tharcian, Ric Flair)

It's a bit weird seeing your Avatar. It's like looking at a double of my eldest son.

Just for you Manwell :thumbup:

Archived