Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sackmycook

Hoult coming home?

How would we get him from WestBrom, he'd be a great addition, indeed Mabbs for Welsh and an experianced presence between the stumps like Russel and the squad would look a lot stronger... but how would we get him? I mean WestBrom have sold Kuszczak to ManU so what other choices do they have beyond Hoult... then again I'd expect them to bring in a new goalie.

So, in short, yes it'd be great to get Hoult back, Hendo'S ok and Logan seems to be developing well while Douglas is a lost cause IMHO... throw into that Mabbs for Welsh and we have strong options in areas that are pretty weak at the moment.

How would we get him from WestBrom, he'd be a great addition, indeed Mabbs for Welsh and an experianced presence between the stumps like Russel and the squad would look a lot stronger... but how would we get him? I mean WestBrom have sold Kuszczak to ManU so what other choices do they have beyond Hoult... then again I'd expect them to bring in a new goalie.

So, in short, yes it'd be great to get Hoult back, Hendo'S ok and Logan seems to be developing well while Douglas is a lost cause IMHO... throw into that Mabbs for Welsh and we have strong options in areas that are pretty weak at the moment.

They signed Pascal Zuberbuhler, the Swiss goalkeeper who played for Switzerland in the World Cup.

He's been their number 1 this season ahead of Hoult.

' date='Aug 13 2006, 12:42 PM' post='372165']

They signed Pascal Zuberbuhler, the Swiss goalkeeper who played for Switzerland in the World Cup.

He's been their number 1 this season ahead of Hoult.

Then they probably wouldnt mind getting rid of him... but how would we get him, where would the money come from or would it be a loan deal or, better yet, a free transfer :)

As i say Welsh and Hoult would be solid signings and would really bolster the squad.

Hendo is good enough, and why should we bring in another keeper when we've got Logan coming through and looking like he can cut it too? It would be idiocy to have 4 goalkeepers on our books with 3 of them being 30+!

When City turned Boston's bid down for Logan that suggested to me that they have belief in the lad as a first team candidate and RK has referred to him once recently to the effect that he expects him to push for Henderson's place.

That being the case I cannot see the point in going backwards and signing more "experience", certainly not as things stand.

Logan looked good to me when I saw him pre-season, particularly on high crosses. He also seemed to command his box more decisively than Henderson.

But it's not a big deal right now because I don't think Henderson's let anyone down and has certainly not had any material effect on the results this season.

His kicking has improved and I just wish he'd work on quick and accurate distribution now instead of making do with so many aimless punts downfield that might go to anyone and which too easily cost us possession.

The full-backs could help by making themselves more available in wide positions although too often that would be akin to giving the ball away anyhow.

Why are all you lot moaning? Hoult is better than any of Goalies we have now. If we get the chance to improve the team I think we should take it. It would probably mean Henderson going out on loan or selling Rab if we can

One of the current of the keepers has to go if we get Hoult.

Rab, with any luck.

I *hope* we don't use any cash we get from the sale of Maybury on a goalkeeper, when a left-sided player would be more useful. A goalkeeper like Hoult would be useful, but left wing is more important at the minute.

I *hope* we don't use any cash we get from the sale of Maybury on a goalkeeper, when a left-sided player would be more useful. A goalkeeper like Hoult would be useful, but left wing is more important at the minute.

As i said i think the emphasis with the Mabbs deal has to be giving us a solid winger on the left (namley Welsh) but getting Hoult gives us a very solid Goalie... together Welsh and Hoult would make us a a hell of a lot stronger as a team...

Hoult

Stearman McCarthy Kisnorbo Kenton

Low Hughes Weso Welsh

Fryatt Hume

...now that would be a strong team, and we'ds till have the options of Porter, Hendo, Williams, O'Grady, Hammond, Johnson, Logan, Dodds, Chambers and (after yesterday) Tiatto :huh: .

One of the current of the keepers has to go if we get Hoult.

Rab, with any luck.

I'd agree but i dont think anyone in the Championship would want him best to look to Dv 1 or 2 or North of the border.

me to,although hoult would be a good backup rab to much of a liability.

Good keeper or not, we'd have to shift one of the current 'senior' goalkeepers before we bring in Hoult - Henderson or Douglas.

We should keep Logan because:

a) he's young

b) he's cheap

You can't have three keepers over 30 on the books. ;)

...with Douglas i think the keeper position for our club is quite strong.

:blink:

...I'll go ahead and agree that Logan is a good fall back at the moment but Rab is plain awful, Henderson has been pretty solid at times but Hoult is a very good kepper and more to the piont seems to be surplus to requirments at WestBrom and however promising Logan or competant Hendo of late Hoult is just on a totally differant level, a very strong addition indeed... that said I'll belive he's comming back when i see it :(

:blink:

...I'll go ahead and agree that Logan is a good fall back at the moment but Rab is plain awful, Henderson has been pretty solid at times but Hoult is a very good kepper and more to the piont seems to be surplus to requirments at WestBrom and however promising Logan or competant Hendo of late Hoult is just on a totally differant level, a very strong addition indeed... that said I'll belive he's comming back when i see it :(

I agree that Hoult may be better than what we've got but the position of goalkeeper is not a weak one for us.

I think the wages should be spent on a left sided midfielder instead of a goalkeeper.

Archived