Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Cov on friday

whats wrong with aide adefallover then? and whats your back 4 like now?

i think it'll be a close game with alot of tension like last yrs, except the added comedy of abusing willy puller wise will be missed :(. it'll either be 1-1 or a close 1-0 to either side, i cant call it just yet.

Sorry can only see a home win here,I would'nt get excited about beating a poor Ipswich side if I was you!2-0 Coventry.

Most things I read from pundits were predicting an Ipswich win on Saturday, Did Ipswich win? No.

Its all about on the night...

i wouldn't be so sure about that...

we dont have that sort of back four this year, and if theres a god we'll have signed striker to have replace adebola by friday

Really? How come Matt Heath is back in your starting team then? Matty and Elvis will rip him to shreds..

Micky seems keen on Adebola so I expect him to play up front for your mob for a while yet.

Most things I read from pundits were predicting an Ipswich win on Saturday, Did Ipswich win? No.

Its all about on the night...

exactly. before the game on saturday all i was hearing about the game was how the best leicester could hope for is a draw, and how ipswich have not been beaten at the walkers stadium yet and how theyve won 4 out of the last 6 meetings or something. all im hearing now is only one team (PNE) have won at the ricoh superbowl this calendar yr and they havent dropped many points either. also just because they came from 1-0 down vs sunderland to win 2-1 means they will lash us easily. not true, we can only wait and see. and for all these non supporting fans to comment on our team which they know nothing or little about is amazing. i predict forest and cov to lose the rest of there games this season and get relegated. get the fock.

adebola is badly off the pace, he's coming back looking slower than ever (and he wasnt that quick in the first place) but mickeh adams has said that mickeh adams will be asking the chairman for a million pound striker before friday

our back four have been immense so far, mcnamee at right back (if he's fit) is potentially the best right back we've had outside the prem, ward our new CB from west ham is one of the best CB's i've ever seen at the club 3 MoM's so far, Heath is playing better than ever for us (i don't rate him), and Hall on the left is solid enough but probably our weak link

thats unlucky as our newest right winger Josh Low has been immense and i can see him causing problems. we have pace upfront with either Hammond or Hume to cause Heath problems. and fryatt is very good at holding the ball up and running at the defence.

ive got a mate who is a cobblers fan so ive heard about josh low for a while now, blows very hot and cold tho and that was in league 2, hopefully friday will be his bad game

Everyone has bad games, Hopefully this will be Coventrys teams bad game.

give that man a gold star for stating the obvious, don't you go into every game hoping the other team play badly

Well basically you've said the same thing as I did in your orignal post, Don't you go into every game hoping the other teams players play bad? :huh::unsure:

adebola is badly off the pace, he's coming back looking slower than ever (and he wasnt that quick in the first place) but mickeh adams has said that mickeh adams will be asking the chairman for a million pound striker before friday

our back four have been immense so far, mcnamee at right back (if he's fit) is potentially the best right back we've had outside the prem, ward our new CB from west ham is one of the best CB's i've ever seen at the club 3 MoM's so far, Heath is playing better than ever for us (i don't rate him), and Hall on the left is solid enough but probably our weak link

You picked up on that then :D

I don't see how your back four has been "immense" 4 goals in 3 matches and no clean sheets. :thumbup:

Elliot Ward is a good player (far to good for you) however Matt Heath and Marcus Hall are and will forever be shite, and as long as they play for you you will struggle to keep any team in this division out, and you certainly will not be getting promotion this season based on what i've seen of you so far. Stick Mikkel Bischoff in for Heath and I may have a bit of begrudging respect for you.

Much as I hate you I have to say it's nice to see a midlands club who have been stranded in this division for a very long time attempting to show some ambition and actually having a go at breaking the mold and trying to better itself.

You have some dangerous ( incosistent ) players going foward, I expect you to beat us on Friday, however I wouldn't go readng to much into that, we are destined for a bottom half finish and with the money you've been throwing about anything less then 8th and you should be cutting your losses and paying those investors back.

After all the crap your mob have been spouting about how great you are for most of pre-season, I wouldnt expect to ever hear the end of it if we do manage to get the better of you.

EDIT: May I add i sincerly hope nothing happens to Andy Marshell between now and Friday :D , nice to see Micky has his prioties right, chasing a million pound striker when you need a keeper and fast.

i cant see us going up this season myself, not without us getting hold of a decent goalscoring striker asap, however going up this season isnt the aim of the plan, its based over 3 years with 2 million input a season to improve the squad, but if we're serious about making impression we should be beating teams like you at home (thats not a dig either, i mean teams destined for the bottom half)

the defence have been immense but i agree letting 4 goals in doesnt look like it, but of those 1 was an excellent free kick, 1 a dodgy penalty, and 1 a mistake by midfield when both our CB's were upfield for a corner, bischoff will be ahead of heath when he's back fit

i also expect a keeper in before friday, but like you say with mickeh and his priorities who knows

i cant see us going up this season myself, not without us getting hold of a decent goalscoring striker asap, however going up this season isnt the aim of the plan, its based over 3 years with 2 million input a season to improve the squad, but if we're serious about making impression we should be beating teams like you at home (thats not a dig either, i mean teams destined for the bottom half)

the defence have been immense but i agree letting 4 goals in doesnt look like it, but of those 1 was an excellent free kick, 1 a dodgy penalty, and 1 a mistake by midfield when both our CB's were upfield for a corner, bischoff will be ahead of heath when he's back fit

i also expect a keeper in before friday, but like you say with mickeh and his priorities who knows

What exactly happens if you don't go up in three years? just out of interest.

If it's anything like the last clash it'll be an insult on the eyes. It wouldn't surprise me if Kelly picks the hardest guys he's got and goes for football's equavalent of a fracas. There's only one Mike Stowell...!!!

I know what your saying but you only have to look at Coventry's home record at the Ricoh. It's proven that teams that go there and try and play blistering attacking football get swept away by the way they play. It will have to be a horrible battle to get anything out of this game, i'm afraid. I know you don't like the sound of that but i'd rather us dig in and get something than try and play fancy and get comfortably beaten and laughed at by the mongoles up the road.

When Sunderland played them, they tried to outplay Coventry but not out battle them.

They failed.

If we are to beat Coventry we must match them for effort and try and win the physical battle. If this happens hopeful the result will come.

I read something the other day about how we'd won 4 and drawn 2 of our last 6 league games with Cov. Can't be bothered to double check it but sounds pretty good to me. I think it'll be a tough game obviously but I fancy a smash-and-grab, why not? You've got to be optimistic some time.

Where did you hear/read that about Kelly/Adams/Wesolowski Ric?

I read something the other day about how we'd won 4 and drawn 2 of our last 6 league games with Cov. Can't be bothered to double check it but sounds pretty good to me. I think it'll be a tough game obviously but I fancy a smash-and-grab, why not? You've got to be optimistic some time.

Where did you hear/read that about Kelly/Adams/Wesolowski Ric?

It was after the game back in April, I read it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it old lad.

Archived