Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Team v Southend

Hendo

Kenton

Nils

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Low

Porter

Hughes

Johnson

Fryatt

O'Grady

Subs:

Logan

Stearman

Weso

Williams

Hume.

I'd Like to see

Logan

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Low

Porter

Weso

Williams

Fryatt

O'Grady.

Hendo just edges it from Logan.

Kenton is the number one RB choice.

Macarthy

Kisnorbo

Johanson

J-Low playing well

Weso he's better than williams and hughes

Johnson same again

Porter first teamer now

Hume our best player

Fryatt desperate to score, and when he does, they'll start flowing.

kelly must insist on an attacking application from the first whistle to the last.

wasnt at the Macc game so i cant comment on any lads who played that night

Hendo

Johansson

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Porter

Hughes

Wesolowski (or williams, just not Andy Johnson please)

Low

Fryatt

Hume

Bench : Logan, Stearman, Williams or Weso, O' Grady, Tiatto (if fit) if not then McAuley

There's no way I'd have Logan starting over Henderson, while he had a pretty good game last night, I thought he rushed off his line recklessly far too much, both times he had to head the ball because he'd managed to get out of his area would almost certainly have been punished by better opposition.

Don't get me wrong, I think he may well turn out to be a brilliant player, but I'm not sure he's ready for the Championship quite yet.

The team I would like to see start:

Henderson

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Porter

Williams

Weso

Low

Fryatt

O'Grady

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Hughes, Hammond, Hume

There's no way I'd have Logan starting over Henderson, while he had a pretty good game last night, I thought he rushed off his line recklessly far too much, both times he had to head the ball because he'd managed to get out of his area would almost certainly have been punished by better opposition.

But at least he does come out, Hendo never does, even when it's necessary!!! :(

I don't think you can really drop Henderson unless he makes a major clanger. He hasn't made any dreadful mistakes yet this season and his shot stopping has been pretty good. I'd stick with him but let Logan know that he is second choice and will be called upon in case of injury or poor form on Henderson's part.

Would be nice to see Fryatt and O'Grady start on Saturday, I agree.

Hendo

Nils McCarthy Kisnorbo Sheehan

Porter Weso Hughes Low

Fryatt O'Grady

Logan,

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Kenton;

Low, Hughes, Wesolowski, Porter,

Fryatt, O'Grady.

Subs: Nils, Kenton, Williams, Hammond, Hume.

I think yesterday's lineup clearly showed that he doesn't have a future here anymore.

Hendo

Kenton

Nils

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Low

Porter

Hughes

Johnson

Fryatt

O'Grady

Subs:

Logan

Stearman

Weso

Williams

Hume.

:thumbup: (assuming everyone's fit)

Might put Hammond ahead of Williams on the bench, though.

Hendo

Nils McCarthy Kisnorbo Sheehan

Porter Weso Hughes Low

Fryatt O'Grady

:blink: He's shaky enough at left back.

Hendo

Stearman -McCarthy --Kisnorbo -Kenton

Low-------Hughes----Weso---------Porter

Fryatt-------------O'Grady

Subs: Logan, Nils, Williams, Hume, Hammond

How have people even considered putting Sheehan in over Kenton. Kenton's been our best player so far this season end of.

I did and it doesn't in any way mean to suggest Kenton's no good.

Kenton has played well but it's not enough to be just a good defender when what we really want is a genuinely attacking left back.

Kelly thinks that too judging by the way Maybury was asked to play last night but it didn't work cos it's not natural to him and he showed no signs of being able to do it.

If Kenton plays its like having 70% of a fully fledged left back. He's a good defender and seems a better passer than Nils. But a creative passer, a potential scorer, a free-kick taker etc, I don't think so.

But we'll get there in the end. And if Sheehan's not the answer it's time we found someone who is. Compromise is no answer. And nor is finding places for people just for the sake of it or because it's hard to leave Stearman out after last night.

I did and it doesn't mean to suggest Kenton's no good at all.

Kenton has played well but it's not enough to be just a good defender when what we really want is a genuinely attacking left back.

Kelly thinks that too judging by the way Maybury was asked to play last night but it didn't work cos it's not natural to him and he showed no signs of being able to do it.

If Kenton plays its like having 70% of a fully fledged left back. He's a good defender and seems a better passer than Nils. But a creative passer, a potential scorer, a free-kick taker etc, I don't think so.

But we'll get there in the end. And if Sheehan's not the answer it's time we found someone who is. Compromise is no answer. And nor is finding places for people just for the sake of it or because it's hard to leave Stearman out after last night.

Well going on that it'd be hard to leave pretty much anyone out who played last night as the majority of players, i thought played well.

Henderson

Kenton

Kisnorbo

McCarthy

Nisse

Lowe

Hughes

Johnson

Porter

Fryatt

Hume

Change Kenton for Stearman if he is injured.

Hendo

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Low

Weso

Hughes

Porter

Fryatt

O'Grady

Weso's got to start now and I think O'Grady's earned a place in the starting line up. I still believe Hume and Fryatt are our best two strikers, but his ability to hold the ball up well will be needed.

Looking forward to this one- but we have to win! I live just down the road from Roots Hall and have several friends who are Southend fans and they're quite boyant about their prospects this season. I couldn't face work if we lost!

I don't think you can really drop Henderson unless he makes a major clanger. He hasn't made any dreadful mistakes yet this season and his shot stopping has been pretty good. I'd stick with him but let Logan know that he is second choice and will be called upon in case of injury or poor form on Henderson's part.

Would be nice to see Fryatt and O'Grady start on Saturday, I agree.

I'd drop anyone if I believed it was for a better player. Your kindness and consideration does you credit though but might be tested if City somehow signed a top International goalkeeper. What would you do then?. Play him. Or wait for Henderson to cock up?

GK Henderson

RB Kenton

LB Johansson

CB McCarthy

CB Kisnorbo

RW Low

LW Porter

CM Hughes

CM Johnson

ST Fryatt

ST O'Grady

Bench Logan, stearman, Wesolowski, Hume, Hammond

O'Grady starts for his performance on Tuesday. The rest of the team barring Tiatto not being fit is straight forward. I dont see how Kelly can pick Hammond after his performance against Cov and I feel COG is more deserving than Hume at the moment. Also I think that Hume is a great option from the bench possibly someone who can change the outcome of a game :thumbup:

It is not only Kenton's defensive play that has impressed me this season his distribution has been the best of any of our defenders. He is also fast. He has all the attributes to be effective as an attacking full back as well as a defensive one. I'm sure as the teams confidence increases Kenton will be able to get forward more frequently

It is not only Kenton's defensive play that has impressed me this season his distribution has been the best of any of our defenders. He is also fast. He has all the attributes to be effective as an attacking full back as well as a defensive one. I'm sure as the teams confidence increases Kenton will be able to get forward more frequently

That'll suit fine. I'll look forward to it. :thumbup:

Archived